Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Terrible Opinions posted:

The real weakness though is being a tv show and not a movie. Hence why the rebuild movies so are much more tolerable.

:eyepop:

Well, at least you ueed the right word.. ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Sub Harrison posted:

This scene from the Monkey Castle arc is the scariest scene imo.

CAN'T STOP THE ROCK

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I still maintain this was one of the creepier segments that sort of surprised everyone and was never brought up again

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Maybe it's some underground railroad poo poo

They have talked about what it's like beneath the walls and all that

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
so Annie's titan had big ol titan titties just cause? Grisha's girl just became that non-distinct long haired titan we all know and love

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Huh, I guess we really haven't really seen a large enough sample of titan shifters I guess

I remember people saying that titan shifter's titan forms resembled their human forms and for some that works, like Reiner and that small titan that showed up in this previous chapter. But then you have like, monkey trouble, Bert etc. then again those are special serums and these people being shipped off as a punishment just get a syringe of w/e titan spinal fluid right

Lots of mysteries at work here

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 10, 2016

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
No Mikasa is just that strong

Actually the characters were drawn a lot better this time I feel, I first thought Mikasa was someone else entirely

Maybe it's just been a long time since I'd seen her -not- glaring all the time

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Queen Bee Historia is perfect, she's like the tiniest character in the series right?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Squidster posted:

So, I went out and bought the anthology, and it’s pretty decent. It has the same ratio of hits to critical failures, so it’s really not something you need in your life. When it hits, it’s great, but when it misses, it’s really really really poo poo.

The Great:
- Fee Fi Foh Fum, about a British tribe defending against Titans that crawl from the sea, feels both in character and genuinely offers something new. It’s a great addition to the universe, and the artwork is both magical and straight-up horrifying. Best new titan design.

- Memory Maze, the free comic they posted on io9, remains solid as heck.

- Live and Let Die, about a group of survivors making a wretched existence in the underground city beneath Titan-infested Trost, is pretty solid and feels in character with the series.

- Skies Above is a cool piece about the scientists who designed the 3d gear trying to invent new technology that the government isn’t too keen on.

The Garbage:
- Attack on Attack on Titan - just lovely 4-panel gags where the punchline is violence or vomit. Feels like a zero-effort South Park take on the series.

- Attack on Playtime - A spoilt kid makes her pet titan eat the school teachers she hates in a preteen power fantasy. I can’t help but feel like it’s sort of getting into an uncomfortable school shooting metaphor, and it just doesn’t do anything at all interesting with it’s premise.

- Bahamut - Incoherent and self-absorbed. Notable for introducing actual black characters into the series, which is nice, but I would prefer it if they were in a better story.

The rest of the story fall into the decent-but-mediocre range, and are really only for die-hard fans of the series.

So uh, let's all just go to fanfiction.net then

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Archenteron posted:

So would the true name be the Attack-On Titan?

Apply directly to the nape.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

eonwe posted:

alrighty, Im gonna read it! thanks guys

Check out the anime soundtrack when you get a chance, it's pretty sick and you'd miss out on it just reading

Or if you're interested you could also watch the anime, S2 is coming out soon anyway. Like mentioned above, kinetic action looks pretty good in the manga; you'd def want to see it fully animated I imagine (there's poo poo in the manga I can't wait to see animated personally)

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Oh you mean this 3 day old back and forth that everyone's already gotten past?

I don't know why don't you bring it up again

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Ytlaya posted:

I guess there's still the fight against Zeke and Reiner coming up as well.

I can't believe that fucker isn't dead yet

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I want to see Jaw-titan go hungry hungry hippo on some feral titans

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Just take those tanks and have Eren doublefist em voila dual-wield boomsticks

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Gabi(?) throwing the explosives seems like a neat callback to Eren on top of the wall flinging the barrels at Rod

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Re: the anime

They're really laying it on thick with the Reiner/Bert/Ymir scenes, guess it helps to speed things along, or maybe the manga was like that too but it's been a while

Like then the group on the tower spot Donkey Kong and it pans to Bert/Reiner visibly frightened and trembling, differently than everyone else. drat now I'm gonna look it up in the manga if it was there or not.

edit: disregard the above, it's all there in the manga haha

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 19, 2017

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Imagine how much show watchers missed out on with Ymir and Reiner's "I'm gay no you're gay" scene

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
The new poster's a loving retard protip

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I wonder how far they intend to get on a shorter season

25 episodes covered what like, 33 chapters right? Is this gonna be another 15 chapters? That'd end it right around the Eren/Reiner brawl I think?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Ymir's transformation looked really loving sick

Also did they really need to add VA for that scene with Gerger and Nanaba I mean jesus loving christ :psyduck:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
lmao every time they do this

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Watching the episode again I'm wishing they did more with Bertholdt in the end. I mean he had his cool "gently caress all yall" moment when he nuked the scouts but other than that, he's more of an observer when in human form; Reiner obv. takes command of most things, and beyond him it's Monkey Trouble. I guess it's to add to the irony that the biggest baddest cover art titan just so happens to be the of the shyest nondescript characters in the show.

Still, seeing the utter dread and hesitation crawl over his face when Reiner starts blabbing, I felt for the guy a little, especially when Reiner said they were only kids and such. Oh and the expression he had mid-transformation where it looks like the colossal titan is crying, fuuuck, someone posted that I think right?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Do yall not watch the anime?

I'm up to date with the manga so I didn't really want to participate in the anime thread convo.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
More stuff like this?

Crying titans are creepy

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
It was so easy for it to just not happen too, like it just so happens to be Grisha's wife because it adds another layer of edgy irony lol

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Well we know why that dog's starving at least

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

RatHat posted:

I don't recall the Colossal titan having a weapon.

Here I gotcha

Grab a piece of wall, throw it. Grab a horse, throw it. Grab literally anything beacuse you're like 50m tall and loving yoked.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Hell, Bert alone was setting shinganshina ablaze just walking through it

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Oh yeah, Zeke has Fritz blood right

Cannibalistic patricide and fratricide drat

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Lamebot posted:

My boy Eren will get captured by all those bastards that live on the other side of the sea and Mikasa will kill all those bastards that live on the other side of the sea.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
to you 2000 years from now

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Say Nothing posted:

I think it's pretty plausible that the entire series is someone's flashback.

https://vine.co/v/OYa9LaTnglg

"crazy right, but let me show you where this all began 2000 years ago"

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Glad they didn't show Hannes' guts hanging out and everything, it's probably the worst death in the series for me

Seeing the Titans mobilize like that according to Eren's will was a really beautiful scene though all things considered

HoneyBoy fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 17, 2017

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

In It For The Tank posted:

Anyway, based on the general progression of these chapters, I guarantee that next chapter will feature a flashback of Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie's attack on Wall Maria, and it will be juxtaposed by Armin and Eren's attack on Liberio.

I'd like that, I don't care about the ethical ramifications if means a good role reversal and mirrored brutality if only for the catharsis it would bring our angry little protag, dude hasn't gotten to indulge in quite a while

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
At this point the flashbacks are necessary to remind people what they started out reading in the first place

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

ImpAtom posted:

It's probably because their return to the story is going to be explosive and violent and things need to be properly set up before they are demolished.

I will hold you personally accountable if this turns out to be wrong

At least it's not being a cocktease like the wait leading up to the big battle for the basement, since we already know what happens re: these flashbacks

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
The fascism stuff was lame not because it was stupid and unfounded but because it encouraged a lot of weirdos to post unabashedly moronic poo poo. I'm glad that got done away with quickly though, seeing every other poli sci student rear their heads was starting to get annoying. The scope of the story is too big, and the pace too fast I think to have let anyone dwell on that poo poo.

I think more interesting than that were the concepts of self-sacrifice (and the sacrifice of others) for the advancement of humanity, back before the story told us about Marley et al. Stuff like Erwin and the MP recruits and Armin, admittedly it didn't last long in Armin's case but still. My favorite was that page with Erwin standing on a huge pile of corpses of fallen Survey Corps members, that imagery was perfect for his character.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I really wanted like 5 pages of that, but what we got is still cathartic enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I like Eren saying he has to continue advancing, since that's like, the title of the show or the name of his titan or w/e