Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Armin with the real come up this chapter.

"I took everything from you, your life, your power, even your girl."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Makes sense that the natural progression for Falco's titan was further evolving the jaw into what seems like modular beak-armor.

Kinda wish we'd gotten to see Colt's beast titan with like, a built-in trebuchet or smth.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I too, wish that the colossal dinosaur skeleton titan could be dealt with via ethical means that didn't involve the conscription of children. Maybe this whole time, all we really needed was unity...

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
The last episode of the anime exists solely to point out that any relationship Historia has at this point is inherently "forced." To the point where the onlookers (MP guards, hell the readers even) doubt the legitimacy behind the story for her pregnancy.

But with what other people have mentioned about Eren/Historia being close since before this, possibly off-screen, it doesn't seem that farfetched that both of the genocide duo would grow closer via their shared resentment of both the world and their parents for saddling each of them with such heavy burdens. Maybe Historia really is the worst girl who ever lived.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Yeah but the 40ft tall eye-bulging perma-smiling titan who walks on all fours had a hook nose, come on Isayama you axis power gently caress did you think we wouldn't notice???

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
That last panel is what you get when the closest thing to romance your character is allowed to feel is blind devotion. I guess it makes sense it's hosed up and creepy, just like their relationship had always been, becoming child killers together should've tipped us all off to be fair.

But honestly any number of slight edits could change the tone, something like this would probably be more palatable.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Viridiant posted:

I can't remember because I have an awful memory, how many people were cheering on the Jaegerists in the manga when it was where the anime currently is?

It's wild to me how people are stanning for them, but I'm not sure how much of that is the power of hindsight for me. I think I remember still wanting to believe that Eren had good intentions, but I don't remember what I thought of the Jaegerists.

It's more like they're ride or die with Eren, because he's the "main character" and anime fans shorthand stuff like protagonist -> hero. It's the same limited process that lets the same people cheer on Eren killing civilians but castigate Gabi for killing the fan-favorite character.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Conspiratiorist posted:

I was cheering on Eren because it made for the better story.

This as well as who doesn't like a good prison break/coup arc.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Felt like the ending could've been better if Isayama hadn't suddenly remembered at the last minute that it's a shonen series.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
The way the story's explained is as if Eren is playing a dialogue choice game with save states, but he only ever uses them to go down the Bad End route.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Captain Baal posted:

Imagine being Levi at the end of all of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l2awXfumOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
The ending is definitely poo poo, I didn't hate it myself, but I think more than anything the reaction people are having comes from the disparity in the demonstrably better writing from the rest of the series compared to the last act.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

The United States posted:

I think you gotta give them this one

No you don't.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Same tbh, I can still recognize this series as being the same one with Levi's good rear end monologues and Erwin's deathwish motivational speeches. Plus we still have the anime and until next year before that's ruined too.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Acerbatus posted:

genocide is bad, but it does solve the main character's problems.

-Armin, regrettably

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Reminds me a lot of Dany's bigdick "I'm going to break the wheel" energy before we see what happens in GoT's final season. At least this was more concentrated in one or two chapters and not a 2-year delayed season. Anime fans might feel a bit sour about the wait.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
If Eren did all this to get back to goth Mikasa I don't think we can really blame him anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Expecting weebs to have a healthy idea of what a relationship looks like is asking for too much I feel.