Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

There's something wrong with a 14-year old girl talking about all this sperm...
I spent all of today reading this, and it was amazing. Had to take a break a couple times due to the sheer amount of crazy revelations that it throws at us.

One thing particularly stuck out for me. It was that one scene in the castle. I wonder why Ymir could read the language on that can. More importantly, why is there a different language in the first place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i300
Dec 30, 2012

The blushing was a tiny bit weird, but it's a loving anime. The scene got the message across just fine: Annie is a loving psycho and has cracked under all the stress.

I think the manga did do it better, but who cares? They have 2 more episodes to go over all of Annies problems.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Pensive posted:

The first time I read the Bert and Ernie reveal, I actually laughed. I thought that Reiner was trying to lighten the mood by making fun of all the absurd poo poo that was going on. "oh by the way, I'm a titan too!", typical Reiner :rolleyes:.

And then it wasn't a joke.

This is how I felt too. It was ridiculous and happened out of nowhere. I should've seen the clues, but I didn't. Then Reiner waltzes up to Eren and straight out tells him. That was the most shocking reveal, for me. I do agree that the Monkey titan is the biggest and most out-of-nowhere thing we've seen yet.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

That was pretty drat disappointing. I thought that they would just end the whole thing on the wall titan and everyone would flip their poo poo, but most of my friends who watch the show didn't even see the after-credits scene. That just sucks.

e: Lol, people in the anime thread getting mad about them not revealing whats in the basement.

i300 fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 29, 2013

i300
Dec 30, 2012

CaptCommy posted:

So I'm not a manga reader, trying to decide if I really should switch over or not. What was so wrong with how the anime ended though? I've been poking around and I'm not really seeing what was conveyed differently in the manga, except the quick coverup part that I assume will happen scene 1 in season 2. Is this just people hating quick stingers?

Unless you want to be spoiled on everything, you should get out of this thread.

Anyways, the conclusion that was added in, Hanji doesn't get the scene where she goes insane was weird. When Eren comes out of titan-form and is talking to Mikasa instead of Armin. What? Why change that. And then they just ignore the wall titan and push him off into a post-credits scene. It just didn't feel right and was the most un-true to the manga I've seen the series be as of yet.

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

What are we supposed to be looking at? Just that he was grabbing her leg too tightly? What is that a sign of? Just general craziness?

Maybe it's me, but Reiner looks loving mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i300
Dec 30, 2012

Mikasa's facial expressions on page 24-26 are so earnest and sweet. It's a complete shift from the angry, vengeful Mikasa we've known up until now. And yeah, theres no doubt that she wanted to kiss in the middle of this brutal fight. What a scene. I can't wait to see it in the Anime.