Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Has there ever been a live action film based on a manga that hasn't been bad?

I thought the Death Note movies were alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Broseph Brostar posted:

imagine if goku was a titan and he went super saiyen

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Eren will die and then undergo a training arc in the spirit world with his Father who will reveal that the door to the basement is actually a door to hell, and that he can be be resurrected if Mikasa and Historia unlock it.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Monaghan posted:

I'm looking forward to an advertisement for Gillette showing Titan sized Eren using this gigantic mach III razor.

Didn't that already happen?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kerning Chameleon posted:

"Did they get to the basement yet" is going to be replaced with "Has Eren killed Armin yet" because there's literally no other way his arc can resolve now, with all the foreshadowing dropped.

Alternatively, "did they genocide the people outside the walls yet."

"Is Annie out of the crystal yet?"

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

Have they opened the basement yet? I'm sure this gets asked all the time, but I'm trying to wait until that finally happens to catch up.

Yes they have

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

So why can Ymir read it? Is she not from pseudoGermany?

Her and all the other feral titans are Eldians from Marley that got transformed and dumped on Paradis because the Marleyans didn't like 'em.
Reiner was either lying about not being able to read it as to not out himself to her, or as a part of his split personality thing. or he's illiterate

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Maybe each "wall titan" is actually several regular-sized titans stacked on top of eachother, and the one that got uncovered just happened to be one of those weirdos that has a disproportionate head.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

And the official wiki even puts her name as Hange Zoe despite it obviously being the other way around because Zoe is a given name and Hange is a fake name which is clearly a surname.
Hell didn't people used to insist she was possibly male? What was the evidence? Just headcannon smiths running loose?
She's fairly androgynous, the manga text never actually states a gender, and when someone asked Isayama he said, "Either one is fine." The anime refers to her as female though.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Releasing masses of mindless titans outside of Paradis would've been a pain for them to deal with too. Until they discovered Zeke has coordinate-lite. They probably stopped wasting criminal Eldians after that.

Gruckles fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 11, 2017

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Story ends with Eren being eaten by someone else and passing on all the powers and memories. The whole story prior was actually this new shifter processing all the new memories, and them getting mixed up when it's a memory of Eren remembering someone else.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

redsniper posted:

Also I figured it was something like, the Founding Titan let's you get to the paths coordinate place, but you can only command Ymir there if you have royal blood. Usually someone has both, but the will of the first king had been preventing the Reiss line from commanding Ymir. Zeke isn't bound by the will of the Reisses, but couldn't get in w/o the Founding Titan. Eren can get in if he touches royal blood but can't do anything once there.

This all seems correct. Except I think Zeke actually was chained initially, but then made a compelling argument to Ymir that he should be exempt from the agreement Reiss made with her.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The way I'm viewing it is that though they're all called Eldians now after 2000 years of bloodline dilution and cannibalism, the Children of Ymir have always been slaves to either the Eldian or Marley rulers. And children of today do not deserve their fate just because they are also Fucker King Fritz's descendants.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Eren points into the sky and says they'll finally be free once they kill everyone out there, declaring war against the spine aliens.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

Does anyone have that joke picture Isayama Hajime made a while back that was "what if the entire survey team had titan forms" because that featured a winged titan and I'm thinking that might have been more of a sly joke than was realized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

So what I'm taking away from these is that Isayama knew he had written a mess that was sending a hosed up unintended message, but his editor is a crazy person that told him to become a target for the world's genocide-haters to unite against like the end of Watchmen