Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

This is from the SnK wiki page for Ymir's story. I was reading through it and I saw this section

quote:

An epilogue reveals that she survived the battle, and fled with the traitors to the ruins of the Shiganshina District. There, she berates herself for her foolish actions. When questioned about her actions, she states that she knows that Reiner and Bertolt cannot return to their homeland empty handed, and offers herself as a prisoner. Reiner attempts to let her go, but she refuses this kindness and states that she is tired. Bertolt asks why she saved his life, and she responds by expressing her gratitude to them since their actions led to her regaining human form. She claims to be the only one capable of understanding their circumstances, further expressing sympathy as they are "the same" and unable to do anything on their own. Thinking of Historia, she smiles and states that playing "Goddess" isn't so bad, referencing the girl's selfless reputation.

Can anyone link me this part of the story? I can't find the pages anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

This is the first chapter I've had to wait for since I discovered Attack On Titan. Levi shooting his 3DMG into people's chests, then pull them towards him as a human shield? Yes please. I look forward to the monthly agonizing speculation.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

While looking for something else, I found this, so...enjoy(???)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0CrwtOZlRc

Enjoyed.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Can't wait for Grisha to be monkey titan.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Carpator Diei posted:

Anyway, I also think that scene at the beginning has some connection to Memory Wipe Girl, but then there's that flashback scene which implies that Eren is (or, more accurately, was) Memory Wipe Girl My theory is that she implanted some of her own memories in Eren's mind, but I can't think of a reason why she would do that. Maybe it just happened by accident. Of course, that still does nothing to clear up their relationship. At least we can be pretty sure that Eren did not gain his shifter ability from eating her, otherwise she couldn't have talked to him while he was human (assuming that all the stuff above is correct).

Just before Eren saves Mikasa and Armin from the cannonball, he has a flashback of his father on the day of the injection, where Grisha says "There memories will teach you!". Relating to Memory Wipe girl and the whole Eat Shifter Become Shifter mechanic, I feel Eren seeing her memories implies the original owner of Eren's shifting ability was Memory Wipe girl and her DNA was injected into Eren. And to another level of speculation, maybe Memory Wipe girl and her whole family have the shifter ability, which would mean Historia can shift, but doesn't know how to control it yet. This also helps explain why Pastor Nick pointed the survey corps towards Historia for answers.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

What's up with the wall titans?
Does the Reese bloodline hold some sort of titan-shifting ability?
Who is Monkey Trouble and how is he making titans?
Are Annie, Bertholdt and Reiner's faction known to central?
Who did Eren inherit his titan ability from and how exactly did he get it?
What are Central and the Village planning for Eren's coordinate ability?
What's in the drat basement?

For the love of god can the next chapter at least end with a cliffhanger implying one of these questions will be answered in October?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Armor-Piercing posted:

On the last panel of this chapter: the knife will be used to cut open Eren's neck, and inside there will be another, smaller lifeform that has been acting as Eren's "pilot."

heh. In all seriousness though, they're obviously about to take out Eren's nape and feed it to Historia

BUT WHY HER?!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

PaganGoatPants posted:

Now I want to click those black bars. I must be strong!

My resolve is crumbling. I MUST KNOW

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

Pretty much as everyone suspected by now "when a titan eats a human who can become a titan it gains their powers". But in this case why didn't that titan that ate Eren gain his powers?

my guess is you have to digest the nape of the neck to get the power.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Trying to piece together the time of events. Hanji's report from this chapter says the Reiss family were in the chapel praying for the wall Maria tragedy, but it would have been Reiss himself giving that version of the story since there were no other witnesses. Were the royal family in the chapel because of wall maria's fall, or was the maria attack planned for that day because they knew the Reiss' would be moving forward with some plan inside the church that night?

Somewhere in the anime, there is also a scene of Grisha hurrying back to Eren and Carla on carriage, distressed if they were killed in the wall attack. If Grisha didn't know about the attack before that, how did word of it reach Wall Sina before him? This would support the Reiss' were not in that church praying for the attack.

What I'm getting at is, if Grisha knew the Reiss' were gathering that exact day, it seems too big of a coincidence that Reiner and Bert just happened to attack that day as well. All of this pointing to some alliance or atleast communication between Grisha and the warrior village.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

oknope posted:

do u spoil who are titans

When you google for an AoT wallpaper, one of the hits is Ymir, Annie, Eren, Reiner and Bert all standing behind their respective titans. I feel really bad for the s2 anime fans.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Never realized this solution. A real plot-hole imo

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

God drat.

We're still too in-the-dark to even guess what the hell's going on. For some reason, the ability to wipe out all titans is kept secret to the single heir, and even after Grisha stole the power he realized it had to be passed down and left untold. WHAT'S IN THAT loving BASEMENT?!

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

What does giant mindless creatures who eat humans have to do with a secret history for over 2000 years? The story's starting to veer off the established track.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Ataru13 posted:

God drat, what the gently caress is with goons and cucking?

ugh please don't start. Can we let this word die?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Must resist and wait for translate

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

What if Frieda's 'save the world power' is giving the people back its intelligence/humanity, and Eren can use it too for some reason?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Jean's main line to Eren at the beginning of this arc was "All these people have died themselves to save you, its up to you to decide if it was in vain or not". I'm sure next chapter will be him swooping down to give Eren a quick pep-talk.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

When can we expect the translation to be out?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Couldn't take the wait any longer and just read it.

Here we loving go.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Isambard K. Brunel posted:

Getting nervous here, going to try and hold my nerve and not spoil myself until a translation is available. For those that took the jump, should I be excited?

poo poo has happened.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

AshB posted:

Is it Annie armor or Reiner armor?

On other boards, I've heard people say the label on the serum says both Armor and Braun, Reiner's last name.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

I can't help but wonder if we're about to see the reason he isn't supposed to become a titan.

I doubt Rod wanted to turn Historia into a colossal titan underground. Maybe some aspect of your titan form is based on your individual self and not just the serum used. Eren's got a 15m type, Ymir got the 5m, and Rod knew he had the colossal flavor.

...But I guess that doesn't explain why there aren't mindless colossals walking around

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Man that armor vial's changed everything. I wonder if Grisha's basement is some makeshift meth lab for titan serum.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

PerniciousKnid posted:

Where did that armor jar come from, was it just sitting there on the ground?

It fell out of Reiss' bag where he kept the injections in. Historia grabbed it before going up to release eren.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Was Reiss lying that time he said he couldn't become a titan, or is this creepy disfigured titan form the reason he couldn't?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm leaning to the former, but I also prefer to see it a different way.

Reiss has dropped hints that gaining the First King's power results in a big change in demeanor, due to presumably gaining past memories. As a result, the people who gain the power act differently and become more withdrawn/morally conflicted (this is only going by Rod's brother and especially Freida's attitudes post-Titan transformation, mind). Rod Reiss, as we've seen, is afraid of holding big responsibilities (such as the First King's power) and would rather have power without needing to work for it or get his hands dirty, which seems to be how he's in his current position of true king as well as how he relied a lot on Kenny Ackerman to be his personal muscle. This is also why he relies heavily on lies and manipulation to stay in power regardless of who he's lying to/manipulating, as we've seen with how he treated Historia throughout this arc. In short, Rod is a coward who prefers things gift-wrapped and handed to him by servants rather than say, taking the time to build it on his own with just his own two hands. So, think of his Titan form as Rod Reiss' first time of having to seize power while getting his hands dirty in the process. And well, it's not exactly going swimmingly, as we've seen by how Rod's basically crawling face down in the ground and is on a straight bulldozer-like path for Wall Sina.

even so, there's no way he was about to turn historia into turkey lurkey. There's gotta be something else that determines what your titan form is.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Historia still came out a top 10 soldier remember.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I wasn't feeling the uprising arc, but god drat that's a nice ending.

Can't wait to see how Grisha fits into the bloodline mess. I didn't pick up on this the first read through, but if Grisha was a shifter when he fought Freida, then almost certainly he's come from outside the walls. Maybe even from the same village as our SL friends.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Terper posted:

Oh, wow, I had completely missed that. Well never mind.

e: Eren had a nosebleed after seeing Mikasa.

That's exactly what i thought when i read it the first time. Couldve sworn i saw him inject himself.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Very well done.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I hope AoT continues having chapters like these last two. We got a nice battle and flashback without needless cliffhangers, and we got 2 endings meaningful towards the main story.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Losing interest now? We've never been closer to the basement.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

When I saw new posts in this thread I got hyped for the new chapter being out. Meat man was a decent alternative tho.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Hype as gently caress chapter. Was just wondering last week what could possibly get in their way to the basement. Never thought we'd be meeting bigger lebowski so soon.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Heyy Shadis was the guy leading the Scouting Legion outside Maria in the very first chapter. Maybe that's how he met Grisha.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Can't wait for them to travel past Wall Maria and find a chrono trigger-esque wasteland.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I saw a discussion on the CR translation and someone plugged the raw into google translate. It came out saying ani-chan so it looks like CR is wrong.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

change my name posted:

Still hoping for a "helicopter/spaceship/whatever advanced thing flies overhead and stops a climactic battle" scene. For some reason I'm expecting either this or the reveal that the rest of the world outside of the walls and a few other places are completely dead.

We should definitely see some vehicles driving around at some point. I mean come on, even the guys in the walls are producing compressed gas tanks. Someone must've attached a canister to a carriage by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Kung Food posted:

It's an officially licensed prequel. It has a different author, but had input from the main author. If he had any sort of oversight at all it seems odd he would let such a huge plot point be wrong. As of now I would treat it like star wars EU. Cannon until the main source says otherwise.

Counter: why would the author such a huge plot point spoiled in a loving spinoff?