Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MeLKoR posted:

I don't understand how there is going to be a "fight", why didn't beast titan just hide in the inner city and then turn the entire team except Eren into titans?

What beast titan really reminds me of is

We don't know what's involved with Titan Creation (do we?) when Monkey Trouble does it. maybe proximity to Eren just kills it dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Down goes loving Monkey Trouble My goodness that was not how I expected that to go.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

I don't believe you.

Also, I should haven't clicked on the spoiler, if it's true. :(

Then definitely don't click that spoiler.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

http://fuku-shuu.tumblr.com/post/143887195842/shingeki-no-kyojinattack-on-titan-chapter-81

Translation here.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So basically everyone is awful and even young Grisha admits that he can barely read what the ancient texts were saying but it was "Obvious" it was about their superiority.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I think the key point is when Grisha is reading the 'lost history of Eldia' and someone goes "Wow you can translate that all" and he's like "Well barely... but what else could it say?"

Granted, King Fritz appears to be far more than a 'Race Traitor' because he picked up his people and hosed off and more because His intent was to let all of his people die and deny them any chance to fight back if they were attacked

In short, everyone in the story are assholes who hate everyone else.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Artum posted:

Because hes a fan of and based a character on an imperial japanese military commander who died in 1930, naturally this speaks to every political belief he has.

I'm a fan of Oda Nobunaga that doesn't mean I want to go burn down buddhist temples.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Artum posted:

Oh my god I was being sarcastic.

The entire notions loving absurd how did you not get that.

No I... I got that, I was continuing the point, or at least I thought I was and. oh god it's like 6:30 AM.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I mean I hate it whenever Zeon gets portrayed as the "Glorious Space Samurai" in extra Gundam material but that's more because authors completely missed the point of the group, and decided to start projecting. That also doesn't mean I stop watching (unless it's boring the poo poo out of me.)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

cuntman.net posted:

ok but wheres armin

Why do you think they set up landing lights?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

MH Knights posted:

I think the duck thing is a training toilet a small child would use. Paradise crew adding insult to their actual injuries.

The food is in a bag under the arm

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Viridiant posted:

I'm jewish too and boy is that a bad take. I don't know why this person is taking the villains' viewpoint as the main one, and I don't know how they read the story that they thought the Marleyans' treatment of the Eldians was seen as positive.

There are people who take the presentation of something to be the author's belief on something, even when it's clearly being shown as a negative thing, that is responsible for misery and suffering in-story.

I've heard people go "Well writers always put their true feelings in the mouths of villains."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Neither Falco or Gabi really match up close to Eren, because Eren truly is unique. It's interesting to see how this cult of personality has formed around him as a 'savior' though. Which Eren himself would probably be horrified with.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

The proper translation clears up a lot of confusing word choices, namely clarifying that the suspicion is the Volunteers are doing something to Floch and Eren to get them to act in certain ways.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

gently caress Eren. Going hard on that heel turn.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 7, 2018

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Kild posted:

So is he doing that thing where he pushes everyone away bc he's about to sacrifice himself or whatever?

Either that. Mind control or he's gone full heel

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

In It For The Tank posted:

Chapter owns, Eren isn't the villain he's being portrayed as, there's something else going on.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

It's hard to imagine he could go from this to that

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Super Rad posted:

I don't think there's even as much confusion there as people are reading into it - Eren says the Ackermans were created to protect the king, not that they can only ever imprint on inheritors of the founding titan. In fact in the very next speech bubble he says "once an Ackerman recognizes someone as their master" implying that it's not guaranteed who they would consider a master. And obviously as had already been pointed out, Levi bonded to Erwin who was never a shifter at any moment.

And yet he let Erwin die

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Conspiratiorist posted:

Isayama had a brief (pre-recorded) appearance in the âge 20th anniversary event. Talks about how Muv-Luv Alternative (which he marathoned over the course of two days) inspired him to start writing Attack on Titan.

Yeah that sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

I wonder why, to Zeke, it never occurred that rather than use the founder's power to remove the ability to have children they didn't just... remove the ability to turn into Titans? I'm still fairly certain that's the actual endgame here, as dangerous as it is to give up, essentially, your greatest weapon, it's also the only way to stop being a threat.