Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

Bisensual posted:

Thanks both of you. I know it's not canon. I just like Levi.

edit: THEN WHERE'S THE ONE LEVI!?

In case anyone is interested:

http://whiteflowertranslations.tumblr.com/read/snk-a-choice-with-no-regrets-prologue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

JosephWongKS posted:

Levi scored almost twice as many votes as the next most popular character in the first AoT character poll, which was conducted before the anime. Got to wonder how many votes he will get now that the anime has greatly expanded the readership / viewership of the series.

It's kind of a pet peeve of me that he's always hanging out with the (usually three) main characters in the anime promos, but I guess it's to be expected since he's a fan favorite. It just that I'm also in my early 30's and I'm not easily amused by people half my age. It must feel like being forced to sit at the kids' table.

And there's no way the author DOESN'T know what he does to the fangirls. Come on, his birthday is on Dec. 25

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013
I can't remember the last time I had to resist the urge to cry but Ymir and Christa's moment made me all :gbsmith:

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

Nelson Mandingo posted:

That's a great chapter.

We were discussing that Eren's titan is much more powerful than other titans, it seems to confirm that elf-eared titans are some sort of titan commanders.

Not necessarily. Annie could command other titans to eat her and she didn't have pointy ears.

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

TK-31 posted:

If that were the case she could have just instructed them to kill everyone. She was just making her presence known to them, we've seen a few times that regular Titans seem to hate Human Titans more than they hate regular people.

e: Weird-rear end spoiler placement what was I even thinking.

I suspect Annie has the same ability as Eren to control other titans, just to a lesser degree.

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

I wonder, if there was a group of people who had the power like Eren's to boss Titans around, could they order them to form themselves into walls?
It kind of makes you think about what the wall cult and the nobility are hiding.

I thought of something like that. The wall cult always looked wierd to me. I mean, The Great Wall of China kept people safe for centuries too, but it wasn't worshiped.

However, if it turns out the walls were built on titans, or rather on people who could turn into titans, it makes sense that it would exist a church-like organization both to keep it secret, and to convince its members that there was no other way to ensure humanity's survival and treat the titans (titan shifters?) inside the walls as heroes who sacrificed themselves to the cause.

That's my interpretation anyway.

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

Is "characters wearing titan pattern pijamas" a canon thing? or at least one of the author's troll updates? because I've seen it quite often in fanart and cosplay, and it's certainly the kind of stuff Isayama would draw anyway.

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

Sylphid posted:

The extreme lack of fan service is pretty remarkable, and a definite point in the series' favor.

This is not the only thing I really appreciate about the series but it's on my top five. I can't still get over Mikasa's rear end-shot in one of the end credits cards, however.

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013
e: Yeah, that came out way too creepy. I'm sorry :(
\/ \/ \/

redneck sushi fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 15, 2013

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

threeagainstfour posted:

The question is, why is it an ape in the first place? So far titans all take on a human form, was he/she an intelligent ape before becoming a titan?

I always thought that monkey titan was a titan shifter that could somehow customize its titan form to some degree and chose to have ape physical characteristics at that time since they'd be usefull to climb the walls. But then again, Annie could do it too so I don't know.

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

Captain Backslap posted:

Speaky of Crunchyroll, that translation is so much better. Never going to read the scanlations again if they put the rest of the issues up. Why didn't any of the scanlations bother translating the onomatopoeia, either?

The manga service is not available in my country :(

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013
I don't have access to the Crunchy Roll translations and all the fan translations I've seen so far are terrible, absolutely terrible. I have no idea what's going on :(

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

doyle-san posted:

Spend 12 dollars.

The CR manga option is not available in my country. It's all blank pages.

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

Look at this scrub who can't unhinge his jaw

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013
Good stuff. I'm looking forward to see Annie again. I predict she'll be the titan designated to eat Eren and get the cordinate ability from him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck sushi
Aug 5, 2013

I learned a new word today :(