Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Has no one else realized we've never seen the real Armor titan? Ernie is only half Eldian, it's supposed to take a pure line to bring out the power. We may have only been getting the Ymirized version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

The situation is grim. No one expected the Paradis Eldians to assault the Taybar war declaration. Hundreds in the crowd died instantly when the Colossus appeared. There was a storm of steel and gunfire. King Taybar saw the Armored's head torn clean off, Jaws bisected after lounging after the asian girl who killed the Mule. Zeke ran in terror of a short fop. His guards barely got him into the mansion before the raging titan could catch him.

"My liege, we're surrounded. Half the guards have run away and the Colossus has destroyed the roads out."

King Taybar of Eldia put on his sunglasses. "After all these years it's finally time to use it. Rally the men! It's Hammer Time!"

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

One of the core lessons of the story is that the statement "fighting monsters will turn you into a monster" isn't a dire warning, it's part of a listing of side effects. One of the other side effects is "if you live long enough you'll see yourself become the villain." Eren has so far shown an absolute willingness to be a merciless avatar of rage and crush the people who ruined his life. He knows it's turning him evil, but the only peace he can imagine is one where anyone who could hurt him is dead. Either he has it in him to kill the otherwise innocent members of the enemy faction, which would make him exactly as evil as Marley, or he waits for the enemy to kill more of his people before he can kill just the guilty.

I'm guessing the plot is going to take a "cycle of hatred" angle, which typically involves a younger generation having to set aside old grudges. "To You, 2000 Years From Now" is the biggest hint towards this, but this would have to be an absolute toilet series if it turns out that nothing is resolved in the main plot and the epilogue shows the newly unified super titan realizing the world's history. AoT basically rules, so I'm probably 100% wrong and I very much look forward to it.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Yes, as I recall it takes months after the death for the power to be reborn if it isn't inherited. Plus even if the power is reborn in someone else a shifter can still use harvested spinal fluid from a previous shifter to gain the power but not the essence of Ymir. The vial Eren ate to get armor must have been over a hundred years old.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

We still spoilering stuff? Because I'm interpreting "I'm thankful that everyone came for me" as indicating this was a volunteer only suicide mission the government and Mikasa didn't approve of but the whole gang of regulars showed up in the end.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Which is part of why he didn't want his relative to get the power. At one point they said the closer the familial link the easier it is to access past memories.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

A wild thought occurred, Eren had to touch Historia a lot to conceive a child. That must have let let tap into his full titan power of future memory access. This poo poo could end like that one Nick Cage future sight movie. The tears from episode 1 was Eren crying during sex, because of course he does. It would be a really hacky way to go about it, but we haven't seen how it went down when Eren had to touch Historia for what I'm assuming was more than a couple seconds. Does it not matter because by that point there was nothing left for Eren to see?

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Why would beating the worm (lol) revert everyone to human form? This doesn't make much sense to me. The worm didn't invent the titans, it just gave Ymir access to the sand pits, the power to create a new body from the sand, and infinite time to do it. If anything killing the worm would just sever all the paths to Ymir and the sand pits so no new titan bodies or passing down shifter power.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Wow what writing, an incredibly bold move to subvert the reader's expectation that the ending would have an allegorical point. That seems to be the real problem with these kinds of endings, they mock you for expecting the story to ever crawl out of its own rear end to have an idea. It turns out it was never a story about the evil of genocide and race war- those are still happening at the end but none of the characters give that big of a poo poo aside from "guess we better try to cool that patriotic spirit" type poo poo. This was always just a story about the characters and the adventures of those characters and it was a mistake to try to glean a philosophical point about generational trauma, human nature, and hate. The idea that pain+purpose=monster? Just nonsense plot element to limit power and create tension. Throwing German opera over meat mecha battles? 9 titan forms and a tree like trunk in the paths? Just borrowing a motif, with no deeper meaning.

This whole time it was a McChicken wrapped in a Nietzsche dustjacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Can someone please explain the Bert thing because I donít seem to remember the event itís referencing and Iíll be damned if Iím going to go looking for it at the point.

Dina titan looked at Bert then walked right past him after he kicked in the wall. It was something we saw in a flashback that didn't really need to be explained.

Minion of Freya fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 8, 2021