Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

I don't believe this story can wrap up properly this year, unless the next 6 chapters are all double length or something. There's still way too much to explore and resolve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

iamsosmrt posted:

I feel kind of the opposite, I think they could wrap up the story in like 3 chapters, though I felt that way since Eren sent all the Titans out. It depends on how much they want to dive into each individual character's arc.

Like Eren could legit end their threat to him within a couple of pages and it would totally make sense with the powerups he just received.

That could totally happen, I just don't think it would be a good 'satisfying' way to end the series. I really, really want this story to stick the landing.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

New chapter spoilers (Korean scans)

https://old.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/hm2loc/new_chapter_spoilers_chapter_130_prerelease/

apparently this chapter has Eren+Historia flashback, finally

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

There's just enough ambiguity to who the father is to drive the shippers insane. Isayama had to have done this on purpose.

The shots of Eren mutilating himself are pretty metal. He will stop at nothing.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

I hope whatever Eren's doing somehow ends the titan curse. No one is free with that sword hanging over the world.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Ethiser posted:

Didn't he kind of do this. It seemed like Ymir doesn't have to make titan bodies anymore if she doesn't want to.
Maybe? The shifters haven't had any trouble getting their bodies in the last few chapters. But that could also be Eren pulling strings.

This chapter got me all hyped again so I put the AoT OST on shuffle.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Eren can communicate to Eldians anywhere with paths. His presence isn't needed to get the titans to do anything.

This doesn't answer why the pure titans were still at it.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

^yeah I've long felt like there's paralells between Paul and Eren. Not sure if Isayama has ever mentioned being a Dune fan.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

While we're on the topic Dune is a great book. If you haven't read it, maybe do so to kill some time until the next chapter

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

I thought Eren does see the future? 'that scenery' is the future? Small pieces keep falling into place, reinforcing the apparent inevitability of his actions, e.g. he's not surprised by Sasha's death?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Conspiratiorist posted:

Eren needs no redemption arc because the peaceful alternative of sacrificing a woman and her child and so on for generations, on the hope of maintaining a tenuous status quo enforced by a threat of global annihilation, does not hold the moral high ground.
I agree. This finale is interesting because, after trying to find alternatives Eren has arrived with no 'good' options, and he's also the only one with the strength to take action. He has to choose, even doing nothing is a choice at this point. This awful cycle was set in motion 2000 years ago; no one alive has anything to do with the cause. My hope for a 'happy' ending is the end of the curse and destruction of whatever the hell the parasite thing is.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Thoren posted:

Wait a sec am I reading it right that Eren got Historia pregnant?
it's been a fan theory, it seems a sure thing but there's still some room for doubt because of how she phrases her idea.

'how about I bear a child?' doesn't necessarily involve Eren. but then there's Eren talking about 'them' living after he dies, mikasa's love being brought up, and the mirror of grisha's relationship with a royal family member, so I'm like 99% convinced

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 9, 2020

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Ackermans (and shifters?) can't be wiped either. So the founding titan might not be an easy fix.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

leaks trickling in, should have the next chapter soon

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

dude,

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

We need an Ymir chapter or two. What is she thinking? Expand on King Fritz, the tree, the parasite, paths, curse, etc..

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

If this is Ragnarok, I'm assuming Eren is Jormungandr

and I think the superfriends are supposed to be sailing on Naglfar

quote:

During the events of Ragnarök, Naglfar is foretold to sail to Vígríđr, ferrying the forces of chaos that will do battle with the gods.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Just like Eren, Isayama was showing us visions of the future. But we didn't understand what it meant until it arrived.

I really hope yams writes another manga after this, he's pretty good at this stuff

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Eren's going to lose his leg again? That's strong evidence for the end of the titan curse.

Do the superfriends survive, considering Eren is explicitly doing this for them?

hmmmmmmm

bees x1000 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 5, 2020

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

I never buy manga but if this series gets some affordable complete set I may go for it.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Perhaps Grisha did what he had to do, just like Eren. Eren's a man full of regret as well.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Multiple twitter sources saying season 4 is still slated to start in October. Hype.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

It adds some more weight to the final panel. Talking to the baby, "you are free", not "we are free" Eren will never be free. A slave to fate, and then shackled with immeasurable guilt.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

...nevermind on season 4?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AoTWiki/status/1291238869795389440

bummer, yes, but it's good to not rush this

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

change my name posted:

Yeah I'm confused, did Eren's decision to not intervene after seeing the kid would get flattened end up with his hand getting cut off, therefore altering the timeline and proving change is possible, but he just didn't notice?

I think Eren did intervene? There's a shot of him beating the dudes up then carrying the kid back to his camp, which is where Mikasa finds him.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Some interesting observations from reddit:

https://old.reddit.com/r/ShingekiNoKyojin/comments/i5csnh/my_drawing_of_progenitor_titan_forming_muscle/

quote:

Season 1's ending 1 or 2 I don't remember which, shows Eren's titan suspended by tendons much like he is now, and him breaking free and breaking through a wall. The wall that was always in front of him, literally and figuratively, will he break through it?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

as was posted a page or two ago, if this video is literally the ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbV3Yr3KCyg

Eren wakes up crying on page 1 because he sees what his future self will do

...also reminder that we don't know with 100% certainty that Eren is the father. It's only very likely

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

We don't know yet.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

https://imgur.com/a/acihaAF

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Beefstew posted:

I feel like they might take a side trip to Liberio and end up fighting there. Maybe stopping what's left of Marley's military from wiping out innocent Eldians in retaliation. Hopefully Annie will be okay.\

I'd be OK with this but I'm not sure if there's time left in the story for it.

Levi getting back on the horse

Mikasa scarf mystery

Hange keeps the eyepatch in the afterlife

Please let Armin and Annie live through the end

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

she's the only one wearing the Liberio attack gear

also I wouldn't mind hearing Erwin's thoughts on current events but I doubt we'll spend any time on that

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Not working for me now, worked a few hours ago. Site could just be down.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Hype, time to schedule the rewatch.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

new art, link to big image:
https://i.redd.it/ziqckou1o1p51.jpg

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

there's a gym and a protein powder factory in the basement

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Thinking/hoping they'll put some of the cut Eren+Historia stuff into season 4.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

What's Gabi going to do? Sniper position on a flying titan or go down with the ship?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Eren talks about fighting but I don't see it. I feel like he's made his choices and has gone on autopilot: destroy the world for Paradise, and he's given his friends their freedom to do what they think is best. Seems to me like he won't do anything to protect himself from them.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Yeeeeaaaaahhhh... they can't kill Eren unless he allows them to, and should they manage that there's no guarantee it'd stop the rumbling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN

Chapter's awesome but the action should be a little easier to follow once animated.

Speaking of which, I'm about finished with another watch of seasons 1-3 and I love how I can spot so much more now.