Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vengarr posted:

This seems appropriate:

This is incredible.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Armin grows up to be the new leader of the survey/recon corps.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Call me paranoid, but it seems weird that the anime thread starts discussing how the walls were made for like the second time ever just a few episodes before the big wall reveal. :crossarms:

Well, ever since the beginning the walls ARE a big ever-present mystery. There's no way you can put that kind of infrastructure after the titans show up with conventional means which is all they've shown humanity has as far as maintenance/repair of the walls go.

A cult (already shown) having some answers about the walls they idolize isn't that much of a reach either.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That was a wonderful reveal. First time I got through it I had to go back after a "wait, WHAT?" moment because nothing else was happening on the page so I kinda glossed over it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

.Clash posted:

came across this the other day

I'm hoping this is the last scene of the anime.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

HelloWinter posted:

That interview is pretty great.

Before now I haven't even considered if the actual artist author felt anything while making and drawing painful scenes in the manga. Now I just find it adorable to imagine him cuddling in his happi coat.

But what does he wear when he's drawing Armin psychologically destroying someone?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cake Attack posted:

What? No it's not.

Here's the panel in question:

http://www.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/35/36

That entire sequence was loving terrifying. God drat I can't wait to see if they do a 2nd season and have an episode end like that b

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hah, re-reading Chapter 34 and at the very end when the they show the titans that "breached" Wall Rose you can see that Sasquatch is the last one in the back. Or at least I think that's him with the extra long arms.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Sep 30, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The anime did an amazing job with Levi's fight against the female Titan. It's what made me go "yeah I can't wait until this finishes" and jumped on the manga.

Fucker went sonic on Annie and it was glorious to see someone have a clear advantage over her.

What I'm saying is that Levi is now firmly in 2nd place. He got close, but he'll have a hard time surpassing the best character in the show:

Sasha :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my God I genuinely thought there was going to be a character purge. So many people about to die the Eren does that and hooly poo poo for the first time in a long while if at all the balance has shifted for humanity. Mikasa's thank you was great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Szmitten posted:

Reference to a Hatsune Miku cover of a Finnish song in which she is depicted with a leek, itself a spinoff from another meme. You're kind of looking at a product of several memes within memes here.

The Finnish song owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4om1rQKPijI

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JethroMcB posted:

Levi: IT WAS ME, EREN! IT WAS ME, ALL ALONG!
Armin: Awww, son of a bitch!

Dubbing JR voiceovers into some of the fights in the anime would be pretty easy and would likely be hilarious.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Runs out of webbing, puts on 3D gear, teams up with Levi :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Saagonsa posted:

I have a feeling that the series called Attack on Titan may not be the best thing to expect proper grammar from

They haven't introduced the final plot point where they literally attack the moon.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hanji waving owned. The shot of the collapsed cave was amazing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The basement will reveal that the entire planet is a Titan. Also the moon. Everything is Titans.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat, Historia owns.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Monkey Titan seems like a pretty chill dude.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sasha continues to own.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Erwin owns. This chapter is going to own.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So that new chapter. That sure was something. :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

change my name posted:

I think the "Hange controlling the armored titan" theory could be right considering she knows the most about titan biology. Maybe she slipped into that big gaping hole and is flailing Reiner's vegetable body around like a puppet?

I will only accept this if they show her having the time of her life doing so.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I refuse to believe it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This issue is all sorts of bad and terrible.

no one is going to actually die ever again

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Everything about this chapter was super bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Speaking of books, Comixology has all volumes on sale until 12/13. So $76 gets you 19 volumes which brings you up to #76 (I think it's 4 issues / volume, it doesn't say anywhere but they rarely do anything less than $1/issue). Volume 20 comes out 12/6 and based on release looks like volumes are 8 issues / 2 volumes behind so you'll still be a bit behind if you want to keep up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm glad we're getting more fights in which Eren gets utterly wrecked.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Saagonsa posted:

The first season covered 8 volumes on the manga, so assuming they keep up the same pacing and cover 4 volumes this season then yeah they'd end on the end of the fight against Bertolt/Reiner and right before the whole royal family thing.

Is that the fight where they capture Eren? That'd be a hell of a downer to end a season on.

EDIT: Looked it up. So it's assumed season 2 is going to cover issues 34-45. The other good point to end it is rescuing Eren / him discovering his control ability which was on issue 50, I think.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Peacoffee posted:

The planet is the unicron titan, the elder eldian who will consume everything.

So Gurren Lagan but ever increasingly Titans. Eren piloting a titan that’s piloting the planet titan which is piloting the galaxy titan.