Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Squidster posted:

I went back and checked, and Isayama never even showed the tattoo in the page when she received it. It's covered by bandages.

I agree with Nelson - it's probably either retconned out of existence or dickbutt.

Was that in the side story about high school or something? I thought I was caught up in the main series but I don't remember tattoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

ful posted:

Wow, just read the whole thing. Don't normally read any sorts of comics at all. Doesn't look like we'll find out much about King Louie for a while yet, which I think is a shame.

I caught up last month too after watching the anime on netflix and I still can't believe they haven't gone to the goddamn basement yet. Like to the point I feel like I fundamentally misunderstood how many walls got knocked down or which one got plugged up again.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The first episode of the anime had him within walking distance of both the outer gate, watching the rangers come in and cry about dying in vain, and the inner gate when everyone ran to the boats and sailed twenty meters into the next ring. So I'm thinking wall to wall city in the outer ring and also the outer ring is not unfathomably large. When they were hookshotting all over the city in the middle part of the anime I am thinking "this is reclaiming the outer ring again, that rock smashed erin's house and now it is plugging up the hole. This is thematic and now they can go see what is in the basement."

But now they're in the actual outer ring and they ride horses all day through empty land and occasionally find a city or abandoned castle while looking for the hole in the wall and I don't understand the world anymore.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

How often does a new chapter come out? Feels like I caught up two months ago. Is it on a hiatus like liar game was for a few years?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I asked Batoto to tell me when a new issue comes out but they have every language under the same follow button so every time a back issue got translated into Portuguese or Russian I my hopes raised momentarily.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

The first scene of the anime is erin looking up at the skinless colossal titan and then some scouts fail to kill a titan in a forest? Who's the memory wipe girl?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I can't really follow this but if he ate the memory erasing lady then who erased his memories of doing that?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Why would the ape titan who didn't know what a 3d unit was have a secret identity that does know what a 3d unit is? Why would he feign not knowing what it is if he was going to let the guy get eaten by tiny titans anyway for the benefit of the reader to be mislead and literally nobody in universe?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Zoe is my favorite They can be gender ambiguous that's fine with me.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Was it ever explicitly a thing that you need direct sunlight in order to change? Eren couldn't change when he was in the well but he could as soon as he was outside of the well and reached for a spoon in direct sunlight. When they tried to lead anna underground she stopped and wouldn't go one inch into shadow. The wall titans aren't allowed to have sunlight on them. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because there's this constant sunlight based requirement for turning into a titan that nobody in the anime/manga has noticed, dismissed, commented on or experimented on or anything.

So when eren is chained up underground I can't even begin to feel like he's threatened in the way you're talking about because there's no sunlight and nobody has ever changed in the dark as far as I know. I mean they might torture him but nobody is going to change into a titan.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

But they were the kind of titans who never stop being titans, or we don't know anything about monkey titan so if he's a shifter he could have been in money form for days. I believe that we've never seen a shifter change in anything less than broad daylight.

Oh wait did Ymir change at night? When the castle outside one of the safer walls was attacked?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

My favorite part of this series is the posts in this thread where everyone has separate nicknames for the giant ape of which we haven't been given a name. Reading eight posts in a row where someone changes what they refer to him as is just wonderful.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I wouldn't have clicked that if I didn't believe it was a spoiler from the upcoming crossover. I was about to ask who that was in the marvel universe and I just got it. Man.....

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I had to check the wiki for who Zackley was because I didn't recognize him at all. I Only read the manga after the anime ran out of episodes. Was he seen post anime at all before now?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Kraus posted:

He was presiding over Eren's trial.

Yeah that's where I stopped reading the wiki and was too lazy to reopen it before I asked my question. I'm pretty sure he hasn't said anything important since.

And the opening of this episode made me feel like I missed one because the last cliff hanger was the cave bondage scene with erin and then this happens and who the gently caress is Zackley did I open the wrong comic?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I like how the king got his powers by licking the serum off the floor and now he's just permenantly dragging his face on the ground, like he became a titan in that physical position and is like "ehhh guess i don't feel like standing up ever".

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Is there a point to announcing you're the legitimate heir to the secret king nobody knows about? I mean don't you just sound like a crazy person?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

RBX posted:

Doesn't everybody know the king is a fake/puppet by now?

I can't remember at all what the people have been kept abreast of. I think they probably know there's a military coup going on.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

If it didn't start on the exact same frame as the last one ended I'd have thought I missed an issue. It took me ten pages to even realize who was narrating the flashback. I have no idea why kenny is dying under a tree because he pissed off hale and hearty the last time we saw him before the titan happened

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Soulcleaver posted:

A handgun big enough for the colossal titan that uses normal titans instead of bullets.

A handgun big enough for the colossal titan that uses normal sized bullets and only one at a time. Just a gun as big as a house and it fires a little .22.

I just walked in I don't know what we're talking about but I misread what you said and now this image is in my head.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

You're all talking about the tv show right? There wasn't a new issue?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

http://puu.sh/leQxZ/54ac7f7883.jpg Those finger guns.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I want to ask to clarify because the manga slowed me down so much and I've forgotten who everyone is in between releases but was the guy who just died the one with the brain problem that caused him to switch personalities depending on whether he thought he was a warrior or a soldier? And now we'll never find out why?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I'm still chuckling at those last words the morning after. If they were, you know, actually them.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Okay monkey trouble is obsolete all hail donkey kong.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

ZiegeDame posted:

What the hell do you mean you don't know how to restrain a human who can turn into a titan? Did Eren really not tell anyone about how they cut off his arms and legs to keep him from transforming?

When did that happen? I remember him getting tied up to like a kind of sacrifice crucifix hoop but not that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Has it actually come out yet or are you reading a dump text of translation along with the japanese raws?