Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Captain Invictus posted:

The only thing I remember isayama being questionable on was a specific ww2 general he said some good things about, and the internet blew up about it. iirc it sounded kinda like how someone who might be a bit ignorant might talk about, say, Macarthur.

He based Dot Praxis on said general. Still it does sounds more like ignorance on how other countries viewed Akiyama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

HoneyBoy posted:

Ackermans can't be shifters I thought

pretty sure “Asia Clan” people can’t either. Kind of odd Mikasa is both and it never really played into the story much.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I'm not too hot on the reveal of the secret Japanese tattoo just being the App Store logo but with swords instead of pens and brushes. Also how Mikasa is like, a princess? Or the rightful heir to the Shogunate? I'm going to need to wait for a real translation to figure out what the deal was with Eldian-Japanese relations, both historic and modern. They sold them magic rocks? They want magic rocks to kit their own soldiers with grappling gear?

Official translation is out and you’re correct.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Hasn't he done like half a dozen covers that reference poo poo that way? I love how goofy he gets with official art

Yeah he’s used those exact character designs before.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Mountaineer posted:

*Looks at characters who are victims of fascist oppression*
"Those characters are fascists."

It's funny and sad that writers like this take the blatant Marleyan propaganda as completely true.

Especially weird since we’ve seen two unrelated Marleyan factions claim it’s all lies. This ain’t a very subtle magna.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

The finale does work better with the extra pages, it’s more in line with what the closing panels should have felt like given the story. Still a lot of terrible writing in 139 though so not a full redemption.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I don't get this whole next wave of titans thing some of y'all are mentioning, where are y'all reading that from? I gathered that part remained. Eren got rid of the titans, but they weren't the reason humanity wants to murder itself so even with them gone the cycle continues. Just got paused for a moment while the bio weapons get replaced with the more familiar ones.

The kids about to fall into a tree identical to the one Ymir fell into when she first became a Titan. Implying Eren’s head is a Titan seed or something.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

MonsterEnvy posted:

The new pages also appear to have removed the 80% wiped out line.

It’s still there. I doesn’t seem any of the released pages were changed.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

DaveKap posted:

Y'know what else that massive tree signifies? The trees in the forest where they fought the female titan was actually a mass grave site. They always talked about how strange those trees were because there was nowhere else with trees that had grown that abnormally large.

Wasn’t that before they discovered the existence of the ocean? Not sure how accurate that is.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

I used to think genocide was good until Mikasa kissed the head. Thank you AoT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Does anyone know what the original source of this quote was? All the links in that Twitter thread are dead. I mean the ending is dumb as rocks, but I want to know if this quote is even real.