Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grenadier
Oct 15, 2004

As long as these commoners keep coming, the mountain of corpses will keep growing!

Lenaway posted:

Honestly the weird proportions and rigid posture gives me an Aeon Flux vibe.
Agreed, the artist is in this weird nebulous zone where his anatomy is kind of lazy for the sake of style but the style here isn't really pronounced or strange enough to make up for it so it just looks kinda bad sometimes, but he's got a real gift for putting bodies in motion. That example earlier from the "bad upright running" was one of the panels that made me go "yeah, exactly what you'd look like while jogging". He needs to be a key animator for an action anime more than a manga artist, but this story rules so yeehaw anyway I guess.

Gyre posted:

you see the soldiers cutting off the back of the titans' necks, and they just look like chunks of flesh. When Armin cuts into Titan Eren to retrieve Eren you can still see his body inside. Of course, given Eren's fused state it's possible that initially there are humans inside titans, but they get absorbed quickly into them.

This was pretty much exactly what I was assuming as well. I really hope that they find out more and more about the Titans just by examining their anatomy and (de)composition after battles, and maybe a tidbit here or there from old records on the outside hinting on their origins/function, but never quite figure out exactly how or why they came into being. That always ends up with some lame infodump character, usually a bad guy that isn't terribly compelling.

As far as his father concealing the research I suspect his research was illegal, since pretty much everyone has been talking about how wanting to know anything about the outside is "heresy" and Eren's association with the giants was immediately labeled treason despite the fact that he wiped dozens of them out. I am guessing the government is deliberately suppressing any legitimate means of fighting their way back into control because they can use the people's fear of the giants to maintain their own power within the walls.

Also two things:

Mikasa sounding like mi casa I actually noticed and liked because it works thematically (her finding a home with Eren), despite probably being total coincidence.

I really like how their salute looks like a pantomime of stabbing oneself in the heart.

Grenadier fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU