Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

dis astranagant posted:

Think Spiderman but with spear guns and better control.

Where is Spiderman in this dire time of need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Ka0 posted:

Ah thanks guys, don't know why I thought those flimsy steel blades had anything to do with it.

think of those as combat exacto knives.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Scoobi posted:

I guess it does answer it with: "Shut up its manga"? Ohhhh so thats how the giant humanoids can support themselves, by not following the rules of biology and science!

Because spontaneously generating a 10+ meter tall flesh suit is normal stuff.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Mura posted:

If I remember right, this was the actual revelation in Blue Gender

Don't remind me of that show, please.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Eren's gonna need to pick up that skill because compared to the other intelligent titans he's pretty weak.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Nilbop posted:

I love the poo poo out of this manga. And she has to absolutely, positively, pay in a most serious manner for this poo poo. You don't get a pass for doing whatever duty the secret King of the city or whatever told you to do. I don't care for her reasons. She did some heinous, heinous poo poo and she has to pay.

Considering the tone of the manga I wouldn't be surprised that they would make her quadriplegic the moment they somehow restrain her.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

jesus christ erin is channeling some hardcore burning shounen passion edit: disregard, manga thread.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

ymir's titan form would fit that caricature way better

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

i wonder if this is the break he needs to get there.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Abitha Denton posted:

The titan village is in Eren's dad's basement.

Fraggle Rock is the exact opposite of a titan village.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

i'm guessing it'd be possible we'd see the creation of titans in a modern lab setting (Just 100+ years back) because there are hints of this in what we've seen so far. ex: grisha being a biologist specialized with a knack for immunology, 3-d gear, the metallurgy techniques for creating the hardened swords, and just a bunch of other things you wouldn't see in a normal medieval capital. I'm just not certain of this because there doesn't seem to be anyone talking of the pre-titan era or what it was like.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

AradoBalanga posted:

Titan!Armin's face....I swear I've seen it somewhere before. This is going to bug me for a while.

Christa the Angel Titan made me laugh the most. Yes, more than Connie's Titan form being the same size as Connie is normally.

Reminds me of one of the Doctors.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

i think he was on a field experiment with his powers. he seemed to be very keen on learning as much as he could about everything human on his incursion.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Well the latest anime ep does extreme justice to annie's curbstomping of the recon corps.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

If Reiner and Bert have their way they not only get Eren, but they bring back years of military training & tactics to pass on and technology to reverse engineer. Their people would be completely prepared with countermeasures for all current human tactics.

Also I'm trying to imagine a human-titan society and the practical uses for the powers in day to day life.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 14, 2013

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Vincent Valentine posted:

Well he's dead now, so yes I guess we do need replacements.

Have you confirmed this? Maybe he elegantly landed unharmed? A feat of acrobatics could have spared him.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

i think he'll hold out to interrogation. this is where the top rankers go.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Seeing alternate 3d gear getups gets me stoked. I'm guessing it's anti-human in the sense that it is a superior model free of any security-based limits and their training in its use was specifically anti-personnel.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

I just reread the last chapter and holey moley erwin is ripped.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

so when will we find out why the 3 stone cold killers in this series share the same surname?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Waiting for Wall cult shenanigans.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

eren's a looper and his dream is his recollection of his prior incarnation

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

get eren some titan clothes. nobody needs to see his featureless privates.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

survey corps gets titanized

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Oh come on. Levi loving had Reiner. Did he harden his brain stem?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Fister Roboto posted:

Zeke is Annie's dad, isn't he?

Reiner grilled Annie about proving that she and her dad weren't like the scum behind the walls.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Jesus.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Shneak posted:

Monkey Trouble is a Scooby Doo villain and it's great.

Chase sequence featuring the kids who are also also jamming on some instruments at random times.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

So I'm guessing when they reach the basement that we're going to get a reveal that Mikasa is officially super special too with medical logs and journals from her checkups with Grisha. With Armin getting The Power this seems like the way its gonna go down. She may not be a titan but no child should be able to crush a knife handle like she did.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

i want a modern civilization but all tech is purpose made titans with sassy attitudes.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's a high school AEUG

wheres the school uniform colossal titan thats supposed to be gazing at everyone from a distance regardless of bert being in the shot?

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 26, 2016

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Zeke is so rattled by this war. Between the anti-titan tactics and weaponry of Reiss and the advanced firepower of the opposing coalition the nation of Marley seems pretty screwed in the long run.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

comedyblissoption posted:

Eren may have figured out how to use the Coordinate after 4 years, so Marley having more titan shifters may not matter at all.

He doesn't even necessarily have to have the power to control titan shifters. He could just control Chekov's wall titans.

That would be quite the scene. An army of colossals emerging from the harbor and trampling everything into rubble.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

I'm curious if Walldian society has changed now that the populace is aware of the nation's origin and their antagonistic relationship with the world. A manifest destiny-ish attitude of striking back and expanding against the world that leads to a militaristic culture? We could see a new scout corps with greatly bolstered volunteer ranks with the same fire Eren had at the start of the series. These people have had a few years to stew on all these revelations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Schwarzwald posted:

If we're going with the theory that what form a given titan takes depends on the spinal fluid they were injected with, then the wall titans were presumably formed by some combination of collosal and armored titan serum.

This kind of leads to the question of what serum "basic" titans were made from. I'd almost guess the attack titan, but that would imply the Marlians had access to that power at one point, but that seems unlikely since that would have made it difficult for the owl to end up with it.

For all we know they could have been stockpiling that giant juice over several generations.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 23, 2017

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

That's the Marleyan spirit we need to see, warrior.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

My boy Eren will kill all those bastards that live on the other side of the sea.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

RatHat posted:

With how crazy popular AoT is I don't think you need to worry about the budget.

We're talking about the japanese animation industry here.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

I can see Pieck has been taking posture lessons from Yoshihiro Togashi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Reiner dehumanized himself in order to face to bloodshed.