Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Professor Wayne posted:

Looking at AoT and Sekiro, are immortal, anti-decapitation centipedes a thing in Japan?

There's the Oomukade yokai that is a fairly known myth there. It was completely invincible (save for being weak to human saliva or biting) and was fear by gods and dragons alike until a farmer killed it with a spit-laced arrow. It couldn't be severed by traditional means, though many dragons tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

DaveKap posted:

Can't wait to crack open a cold one with the boys next week.

The Nutcracker Suite will probably be the week after this one unfortunately. I'm looking forward to it though.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Sub Harrison posted:

How cheesy would every SL member approaching Eren in the Paths, convincing him to dedicate his heart to humanity?

Only if after hearing every tearful plea, the P A T H S ghost of Erwin apperates, screams "Susume!" and Eren goes right back to Rumbling forward.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Brightman posted:

Eren can alter the Eldians' memories with the founding titan still right? Could that still come into play, or maybe even be in play right now, or would that be too against freedom for him to use?

Since the Paths can manipulate Eldians' memories and physiology, I'm thinking Armin and Zeke might pull of some sorta maneuver to remake, remove and/or restore the Titans into humans and take away their ability to become Titans forever. I honestly don't know how Eren and Ymir can be stopped otherwise in three chapters but I trust Isayama will pull something off.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Yeah, while I understand why Eren, Historia and possibly Ymir Fritz are going forward with their plan (no pun intended), there's absolutely no reason why Eren couldn't have used the Rumbling as a show of force on Marley while Paradis caught up. The plan he told Yelena and Onyankopon made sense and I guess that's how he duped everybody sans Floch.

I really hope there isn't a last minute redemption for Eren or Historia, or something to explain away why Eren is doing this.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

The amount of support I've been seeing for the Pro-Yeagerists and Eren killing literal millions is honestly a little bit worrying.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Much like 90 percent of AoT-Earth's population.

Can we all just agree on the fact that Floch is the worst? Screw his buzzsaw hair-having rear end.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

I'm not one for shipping but we gotta see Jean x Pieck before it's over and done. It's finally time to put the Cart before the horse.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Eren actually died years ago when Hange roasted him for posing when name-dropping the series. It's why Eren fantasizes about grabbing them by the shirt in the basement jail then about them dying from the heat of the Rumbling; because it's the only way Eren can personally cope with being burnt to a crisp on the spot like that.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

I couldn't help myself and read the leaks and now I regret doing so

- Mikasa Ackermann, Year 850

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

DaveKap posted:

Man I... really wish they didn't go with rap music for that one part. Like, it even had the operatic in the background, they could've just... not had the rapper and that music would've fit much better.

The composer constantly uses that rapper and it runs the gamut of being awkward or rad as hell. This time it reminded me of his work on Xenoblade X and that OST slaps.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

In the end, I'm glad that Captain Rivaille survived the Eotena Onslaught.

Also Falco trying to hug Gabi and immediately getting suplexed was a bright spot.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Eren just lightly mentions that the Rumbling destroyed most of the world's forests which means that Earth's ecology is hosed for a longass time before everything can regrow. Between 80 percent of humanity being dead and Paradis likely being one of the few governments left on the planet, this is pretty much the worst possible outcome. Not to mention there's likely millions of century-old Eldians that will likely die horribly now too after being turned back.

Eren Jaeger commits genocide, gets thanked for it, dies and then turns into a bird. What the gently caress, man.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

In It For The Tank posted:

The only answer I can think of is that something must have happened behind the scenes that resulted in a dramatic change in the ending. That's the only way to make sense of the final chapter - and, indeed, much of the final arc.

It really feels like Editorial pulled him into their offices and went "yo, you remember this is a shounen series, right" causing him to course correct hard.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Captain Invictus posted:

I thought WEP was the hot new poo poo of the last season, did it also drop the ball super hard?

WEP's production has been an absolute shitshow, causing staff and animators to work in a perpetual death march that's lead to hospitalizations. One of the producers had to be taken to the hospital twice after collapsing at work.

The final episode for it won't be releasing until June due to how terribly the animators and production folks have been overworked.

Fake Edit: I sincerely hope MAPPA isn't doing the same because they are absolutely full to bursting with projects on their plates, to the point where I wonder if AoT's final cour is going to suffer because of it. It must truly suck being an animator.

Vanderdeath fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 10, 2021

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

DaveKap posted:

If you want to compare endings of things, I'll say this: Attack on Titan ended better than Legion and Mr. Robot. :colbert:

Edit: Okay now imagine that Armin's face, instead of being that of a crying man, is actually just a flat :what: face. Then everything he's saying is sarcastic. I like that idea.

Let's not get too hasty. At the very least, Mr. Robot's ending was congruent with its themes and story. Attack on Titan's ending feels like it was written by someone else entirely.

loving Armin thanking Eren for becoming a genocidal, world-ending monster is just mind-boggling. Guess Hange was completely wrong for not wanting to murder every other human on the planet.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

We don't know if Historia's kid isn't by Eren. I mean, I'm sure Eren (much like Paul Muad'dib) loved seeing his parents clapping cheeks via paths. It just steeled his resolve more.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

drat, just saw that the bird Eren turned into is a kind of parasitic jaeger (which actually do nest around South Africa and Madagascar). As expected of Pieck the master Isayama.

Vanderdeath fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 12, 2021

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

The Ymir and King Fritz thing is especially galling seeing as how this motherfucker -

* Killed and subjugated her village and family
* Cut out her tongue
* Gouged one of her eyes out
* [REDACTED] her and forced her to bear his children
* Made said children eat her corpse.

She had to have seen the latter through Paths and you mean to tell me that she would love the man that put her children through that? gently caress outta here with that, Yams.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

The United States posted:

Maybe read the article?

Man, gently caress this series. I can't believe a queen like Rico would be a raving fash. :negative:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Perfect Potato posted:

Keith showing up to just randomly die in a suicide pact with someone he doesn't know with literally no one else knowing has to be top 5 dumbest poo poo in the series

Keith had just been viciously beaten by agents of the new military junta and was trying to aid the few people seemingly doing the right thing. Even if he hadn't helped the alliance, he eventually would've been imprisoned or killed by the Jaegerists. I saw his and Magath's deaths as defeated people who wanted to go out on their own terms, helping others do some good to make up for their mistakes.

I don't think that moment should even rank in the top ten. Numbers 1 through 10 should be "what the gently caress was Ymir's deal and why wasn't it properly explained, Isayama"

seriously why was she there watching people die horribly in the rumbling that she helped facilitate? why did one of the most important characters to the story have less pages spent on her than loving Sawney and Beane?

Vanderdeath fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 22, 2021

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Sockser posted:

anyone got the "Wow cool robot" meme for Attack on Titan that says like, "War is a hell upon all of us, but particularly our children"

e;fb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,

Ymir touched the eitr and became the Eotena Onslaught.