Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

What is it? I try to make a habit of not randomly downloading things in languages I can't read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I had a different take on the whole eating people thing. At least in translation, Bert asking Ymir if she remembered who she ate come off to me as "do you remember what you did - you ate our (be and Reiner's) pal" as opposed to "we all eat someone, who was it for you?" The "same for us too" line struck me as more of simply remembering what one did as a Titan. Before they have titan transformations under control it seems like they don't remember what they do - the same way Eren was clueless about his initial stompfest.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Abitha Denton posted:

Grisha was a doctor and they lived in close quarters in their little walled city. The injections were just normal vaccines like every kid is supposed to get regularly. Occam's razor!

Occam's Razor, meet Chekhov's Gun

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Simstim posted:

I don't think Eren is controlling Mikasa but I do think what her foot did to the floorboard is a subtle hint of something to come. I'm in the 'Eren's dad was performing experiments on Mikasa' camp. His expierments did something to her body to improve her physical performance making her stronger and faster than normal humans.

Yeah, I can't believe that there isn't something up with Mikasa. There haven't been a lot of red herrings so far.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

MeLKoR posted:

What, examples of Eren pushing/talking down to Mikasa/Armin when he gets his panties in a bunch? You realize there is no way I can just re-read 50 chapters at the drop of a hat, right?

Just give one good example. The one you gave was fairly well refuted so right now your argument is, I think I remember this happened, and you've cast a bit of doubt on your interpretive skills. I haven't really staked out a claim on this, but hand waving it as "I can't read 50 chapters," isn't particularly compelling. Certainly you're drawing on something that happened as a source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
For AoT, that feels like a wildly prompt resolution to a unique enemy titan situation.