Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

MeLKoR posted:

Pretty much as everyone suspected by now "when a titan eats a human who can become a titan it gains their powers". But in this case why didn't that titan that ate Eren gain his powers?

I'm kind of tempted to go back and dig up all the posts that explicitly and adamantly argued that this exact reveal wouldn't happen and proceeded to call people idiots for picking up on the clues. This stuff had been hinted at pretty clearly for a few dozen chapters.

JethroMcB posted:

I think Erwin is realizing in the stagecoach "Ohhhh poo poo, I just helped instigate a military coup and maybe the guys I was conspiring with aren't as benevolent as I thought. I should tell them what they want to hear, lest they decide my colleagues and I are expendable now."

Yeah, I agree, that was my interpretation of that scene as well.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Grisha murdered the Reiss family and devoured their children. You can even see the mother bitten in half there.

I'm starting to wonder whether or not Grisha is connected with the outsider Titans. Attacking the Reiss family to (speculatively) seize their Controller ability and pass it on to Eren -- and we know the outsiders know about it since they immediately realized what was happening when Eren commanded the Titans against Bertholdt and Reiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I think I liked this manga better when it was about the gruesome horror of an impossible war against Titans than when it became about flesh mecha.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Captain Invictus posted:

So you liked the first like, 10% of it then

I don't think you can deny that it's lost much of its gravitas. Berserk at least managed to hold onto it for most of the manga's run.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm glad the manga is getting back to its roots.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Why did Kenny suddenly stop threatening Reiss and just go "Welp okay go ahead and fight it out guys"? That's the only part of the chapter that was unclear to me.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I like that the manga is actually creepy again, it's been a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I'm surprised that money is a concern for the military and Survey Corps considering the state apparatus seems to have absolute power and they're facing an existential threat. Shouldn't the limiting factor be manpower, raw resources, expertise, and time investment, instead of something abstract like money? If they run out of money are they just going to roll over and go "Well we can't afford to fight off the titans anymore"? Obviously not, so why is it even a factor in their considerations in the first place?