Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Marco's death was an anomaly in that he wasn't eaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

There is absolutely no way Annie would've titaned

Annie could've just choked him to death or stabbed him. I don't think they would bother to do forensics examinations after a titan battle.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

Not really. He had pretty similar injuries to the guy who made that really unfortunate marriage promise, just on a different bit of his body. Seemed to fall in the standard 'death by titan' spectrum.
Ok you're right I mis-remembered. He had a pretty big chunk eaten out of him. Annie and conspirators could've just honestly picked up any gear off the battlefield without having to hurt anyone.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

To be fair without a discussion forum of people scrutinizing every moment most people wouldn't notice these clues.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

how about if rod breaking the walls unleashes wall titans and starts a chain of fuckery

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The trap is awakening all of the wall titans around the village.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

still waiting on chekhov's wall titans

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

This is what I thought the mass- titanification at first, the wall crumbling.
i actually thought this at first too

when the wall titans are summoned erwin's reaction shot is going to have to be a full page of abject despair

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's going to turn out that reiner and monkey titan are the good guys

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

monkey titan killed an enemy on sentry duty and got recon information on the enemy through spawning a bunch of titans

monkey trouble did nothing wrong

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

still waiting on chekhov's wall titans

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Sins of the Father is not an unfamiliar belief nor is it any less deplorable and foolish, yet people still to this day blame children for the actions of the parents even if it makes no sense.
several major religions are like based entirely on this premise

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Sub Harrison posted:

So all the Eldians who break the rules are sent to Paradise island to wander mindlessly and eternally to beseige the walls. Most titans are men because it's mostly soldiers sent to heaven, and I guess the tiny titans are actually children and teenagers. I think it was less hosed up when they were just deformed giants who liked to eat people.
and it's zeke's titan that sends them to heaven

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

MeLKoR posted:

And it seems settled that the mule titan is a being of his own too.
s/he's going to end up being the strongest titan

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

I was wrong with my own pet theory slightly inspired by Nausicaa of being our world's future where at some point biological weapons ie. Titans started being used in ww3 and then ran amok creating a post-apoc scifi setting.
this is actually still possible with society resetting many generations after an apocalyptic event and the titan power being carried on from before the apocalypse

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 9, 2016

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

JahRoo posted:

Yeah wow there is, guess I missed that. So assuming mule man is actually a shifter, that leaves one shifter not directly accounted for since it's pretty likely that Owl and Eren are the same titan.

Also I feel sorry for the dude that drew the short straw in shifter school and got stuck with being the mule. Not much to brag about on the playground when that's your power.
mule titan is secretly gonna be the most powerful titan under royal titan

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ATP_Power posted:

Make Eldia Great Again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Killing any titan short of the colossal titan would be trivial with artillery (as we see in this chapter, where they needed to kill that one train before being able to release the Jaw titan), and even the colossal would probably fall to concentrated artillery fire it's such a slow, big target that it would be easy to knock out its legs and then pound its neck area into dust).
I think it was more that the Jaw titan could probably easily win due to agility, but the potential small risk of losing him wasn't worth committing him. They only wanted to commit him when it was basically a 100% chance of success.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i hope eren does a huge heel turn and gets taken over by the first king who wants to genocide wipe the marleys now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PbdyJ_ybSI

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

that theory doesn't make sense if reinhardt couldn't read it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Oh I forgot if reiner at this time knew if ymir was the titan that ate their coworker or not.

If reiner knew he had no reason to lie.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

Action
Adventure
MIlitary
Comedy
Mystery
Horror
Tragedy
Political thriller

I wonder if after the timeskip the author will make a real couple with some of the characters. Then we can add 'romance' to the list.
you forgot Flesh Mecha

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

JahRoo posted:

When zeke says revenge, he means revenge for getting insanely owned by Levi right?
with all the talk of what happens to the eldians if titans become useless, it'd make a lot of sense for the marley titans to hatch a plot to betray marley and support paradis

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I am sure by now the marleyans have found a new medical way to transfer a titan compassionately between consenting Eldians

:unsmith:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I didn't anticipate the armor titan getting PTSD flashbacks of his time genociding a bunch of eldians when I first started watching this series...

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I always found it weird that they were so suspicious of bernholdt and reiner but let eren get so close to them. Eren being in the area makes sense since they are there to plug a hole, but still they shouldn't let him get physically so close to those two. Maybe they figured if they were titans they weren't going to try something with everyone present? I guess they let their guard down because titans showed up after they were quarantined already.

Also the anime episode was really good (except the gross cgi colossal but everything else makes up for it).

comedyblissoption fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 7, 2017

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Those scenes of suspecting reiner and bernholdt were in the manga in the same place.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Have there been any details on Annie attacking the survey corps before she tried to kidnap Eren other than they probably were massacred by her before?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

It seems kind of weird that they came up with a very elaborate operation to bait out and capture a titan shifter while also spreading misinformation about Eren's position. I was speculating that they had encountered a shifter out there before and that's why they were able to prepare for it the next time. There was also that scene where Irwin asked Eren if he knew anything when they were being drafted for the survey corps.

I guess I might've misinterpreted Levi's dialogue that somehow the survey corps had encountered her before.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

McTimmy posted:

His whole plan was taking a risk on shaky information and conjecture and it paid off.
Yeah this makes the most sense. Eren being a titan lets them make a lot of speculation about the colossal titan and the possibility of being infiltrated.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Nina posted:

I gotta say I really appreciate getting the original titan back actually being just a geopolitical PR stunt for Marley
well there's also the blurb about the island having a bunch of resources

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

is it bad that the manga thread isn't clearly named for anime watchers

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Do you think bertholdt was partly chosen as the colossal titan because your own physical features determine the power of the transformation and he was tall? If so, armin is gonna be a tiny colossal titan.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Eren may have figured out how to use the Coordinate after 4 years, so Marley having more titan shifters may not matter at all.

He doesn't even necessarily have to have the power to control titan shifters. He could just control Chekov's wall titans.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

A boat smacks into a weird boulder. The boulder grows bigger and reveals itself to be the head of the colossal titan. Everyone in the boat panics. Further off in the distance, there's dozens more weird boulders.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

That sounds like a chapter of Jojo's.
ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Also their speculation that Eren may have had the coordinate was stronger as well because they knew about his father.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbE8E1ez97M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Conspiratiorist posted:

This is amazing and excellent.

Better her backstory here than after she's been killed offscreen, and the syringe had already made its appearance early in the series.

Also finally explained how she managed to sneak up on Reiner's group for everyone goons who kept bitching about it.