Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Gal, and I think that Hanji, the spergy lady-scientist. And it looks like an RPG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Im sorry but over the last 6 months the background drop has got me confused with regards to the factions:

Marley: the hosed up police state across the Sea, source of Annie, Berthold, Reiner, Beast Titan

Walled City: where all the main characters are, a refuge for those fleeing Marley.

Paradis Island:???

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Uh question regarding Titan lifespan. If Reiner and Zeke have a 13 year limit, does that mean Armin and Eren are gonna croak in ten or so?

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Isayama doesnt want us to be happy, ever.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Well, the can opener would probably kill her. Which might be just as well, it's doubtful they could get any information from her they don't already have at this point. It would probably be more prudent to just feed her to Eren or a younger, more loyal Paradisian soldier to use the Female Titan rather than try and convince her to flip.

MIkasa wants food

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Edit: the question I had was answered in the very next scene, dumb me.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
He also seeks Zeke on the ground reaching out to catch his head. And Grandpa Jaeger.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Question since it was on the anime. Anne, Reiner, and Berdholt just infiltrated Paradis. They meet the single guy who tells his story about abandoning his family. Hes found hung the next morning. Bertholdt thinks its because the man was overwhelmed with guilt and hung himself. But Reiner and Anne are silent and well, sus. Im terrible with subtext. Did the guy kill himself out of survivors guilt or did Anne and Reiner off him in the night out of disgust and their own survivors guilt? This is reinforced by Reiner wanting to be judged by Eren, in the same way he killed that guy.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
Ok so I decided Im going to rewatch the entire series. Its S1E3, and everyone is in the training camp for the scouts just after the walls fell. Jean and Eren had their first encounter, where Jean showed he had the hots for Mikasa. But shortly after, he wipes his hand on Connie's back. in the anime he says "just building trust", but in the manga I think the translation is "Im getting rid of my trust". Is this just a teen crush ruined?

Id link the direct anime page but all my sources died.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

Animating these chapters makes it look a little silly that Gabi and Falco were able to catch up to an airship in full retreat, on foot. And that dude’s gear should’ve kept him hung in the air, not fall to the ground with enough slack for the crazy kids to have time to work everything out and choose to go for it.

but y’know, nitpicking

Its the 1910s, they dont have OSHA, the 3d gear could have failed for any sort of reasons. Hell when shot, Lobov's fingers may have tensed and hit the release trigger. Dont think about it. And how fast can the Hindenburg fly when its over an urban landscape with low vis from all the smoke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

mightygerm posted:

Eren being controlled would unironically ruin the entire story of the manga. The entire point of post basement Eren, chapter 100, 130, 131, etc. is that Eren made the decision to murder all these people, knowing full well the vast majority of them are like his mother - just innocent victims. That this is the outcome that he wanted. That’s also why him holding back, apparently not using his full power against the alliance also cheapens the story. If he wasn’t intending to go through with it, why even start.

I would add that if anything the "will" of the attack&foudning titans just clarified his personality to fit his goal. At his very base he wants himself and his family to be safe. Killing the titans will do that. Then he figures out titans are the product of humanity, to stop the titans you gotta kill people. Then theres so many people behind the titans, you end up killing entire nations.

I figure the attack titan just reinforced his drive forward, regardless of his own safety and health. He could maybe accept a negotiated peace at this point, maybe. The founding titan held by the Reiss family just made him detached from any ethical considerations and sent him off the deep end of final solution.

Question: Im rewatching/reading the series and its up to the part where RR is about to feed Eren to Historia. Kenny and his crew set up and his 2nd in command gives a little speech about Kenny's Dream. Is that his own plot to kill off the current government or some grander plan since it seemed he wanted to become a titan.