Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I'm getting the feeling the whole reason they are out there is to oust/get clues on who/what the traitors are. Didn't the sentient titan appear on a flank where one of the maps said Eren would be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I can't recall anything funny that did not involve her.

I hope that fact alone gives her plot armor. On the other hand, that would make things predictable.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Vincent Valentine posted:

Because they said it as if it's something all Titans go through. Like "So, who'd YOU eat when you hulked out?" as if it's just something everyone does. We never saw Eren eat a human, but there's also a lot of convenient unaccounted time. Also Eren could be a special case because of injections.

Honestly it is way more likely to expect the people in that world to anticipate a titan eating humans simple because that is what they do. It is what they are known to do and in Ymir's case they have seen her do it with their own eyes. In a world where titans roam and eat people, it makes sense to expect a former mindless titan to have eaten people. That doesn't mean there isn't room for exceptions but all things considered it would be silly not to believe that this here former roiding titan lived purely on a solar diet.

Kinda makes me wonder about Reiner and Bert's age, since it may be true that they went through a similar phase. On top of that what I wonder how they snapped out of it. Eren needed a lot of outside stimuli and he was chilling half decapped against a boulder. How do you do this with a tiny nimble/densely armored/mega huge angry fucker?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

You know you could also take a break from SA by not visiting the site, right?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Eren can command feral titans right? Because they just took off his mouthpiece and Historia will be feral until she eats a titan shifter and she just transformed. So it can still easily go in another direction.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yes.
Thats the 4guys 4koma meme.

I want the other pictures of the meme now. Unless they're already there and I just missed them.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So I let this series rest for a looong time because the author likes to introduce a ton of poo poo and I felt like if I had to slowly go through it all I'd forget all the major poo poo by the time I got to the end. I just read from chapter 60 up until now. Jesus christ what a trip.

Sooo lets see if I got this straight, sorry for the ramble: this is a world where the timeline follows the principle that everything that happens will happen no matter what, including stable timeloops with no beginning or end (Grisha murders the royal family because of Eren, but Eren only got to the point where he'd manipulate Grisha because Grisha already murdered them). Eren touched Historia's hand and got a big massive dose of future information. He knows how it will all play out and that he will play a terrible part in it and can't avoid it because that's just how time works in SNK. This is the source of his change in attitude.

And that... eventually all that loss of life will work out for major long term peace(???!) By eliminating the majority of the world that's been infested with old history and half truths propagated from generation to generation and have the survivors of this apocalypse band together to end said apocalypse, by murdering Eren? Hell, the team fighting the apocalypse is a blend of people born and raised on both sides while the peanut gallery is pretty much exactly the same. If they survive, they'll have bonded by overcoming the end of the world and could use that basis for long term peace. It's hosed up but this seems to be where it is headed.

Did the author attempt to turn Eren into Adolf Christ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

hatty posted:

I wonder what the original ending was before Isayama cried at the ending of Guardians of the Galaxy and changed it. Would be interested in hearing him describe it in a postmortem interview

Wait he did what now? Did that movie end in a way too close to his idea?