Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Decided to skim the Opinions page and almost didn't read this due to the title.

Someone who is literally insane posted:

Will Flight 370 resurface?

The issue of the missing airliner has monumental consequences not only for Malaysian Airlines flight 370, but also for the entire world. What with all the geopolitical events unfolding on the world stage and all the potential flashpoints of controversy, it’s information overload for the brain.

Regarding “ They’ll find the jet at election time” (Letters, April 10): The writer hit the nail right on the head. I flew the idea past my best friend in Fresno back in March on his patio, and he thought I had a screw loose. Remember years ago in Chowchilla, two teenage brothers kidnapped a busload of kids and the driver and buried it in a rock quarry unseen by all the officials? If a couple of kids can pull that off and bewilder law enforcement, think of what a well-financed terrorist organization could pull off with one jet aircraft and 239 passengers/hostages – they could blackmail the world. Seven nations can’t find a single aircraft underwater in one month, but we put a man on the moon. Go figure.

Something very dreadful is being hatched at this very moment, like fly the jetliner with a so-called dirty bomb into the White House and then watch what President Obama orders when he emerges from an underground bunker – it’s called World War III!

TERRY ALLEN

MODESTO

And the letter he references:

Is there something in the goddamn water? posted:

I keep hearing and reading about a missing jetliner. Can’t be missing. It was never lost, just stolen. The same country that “hid” Osama bin Laden for thousands of days now is a parking space for a giant jet. How difficult is it to build a cheap runway that will only be used twice? On takeoff, it will be a huge pilot-driven missile.

I’m sure the U.S. government knows all about it, but they are waiting to blow it up at the time that will be most effective to make political hay out of it. Like election time. Great timing for Obama to rescue his reputation after the Affordable Care Act fiasco. I can see all of this from my desk in east Modesto. So can President Obama.

PETE SANDOVAL

MODESTO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

This guy does know the Austro-Hungarian empire no longer exists because of how bad they were at war right? I'm not sure they're the guys we want to borrow field manuals from.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Plus, what the gently caress is with the Raw Milk movement? I've seen it in WholeFoodsy places. I've used it in making milk-based desserts, but who the gently caress would just drink it?

Libertarians have a tree branch up their rear end about drinking it. Which really is fine by me if libertarians want to suffer food borne illness because of their stupid beliefs.

• Locked thread