Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

LP97S posted:

To be quite honest, I'm amazed that there hasn't been a schism considering how radically different much of the Catholic population in the Americas is when compared to the overwhelmingly European higher ups in the Vatican.

Honestly that was my thought as well. I think the more liberal Catholics are simply lacking a leader to rally around. If priest with a little charisma was motivated I don't think it would take to much for them to pull a Martin Luther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

So what are the odds Mr Richwine even bothered trying to correct his data for poverty, cultural differences, systematic discrimination or any of the other dozens of variables which could effect IQ scores in minority populations before trying to to tie it to racial "differences". I know I wouldn't bet on it.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Well one out of three correct talking points is above average for these things.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Opposing Farce posted:

I love that he presents "Americans think the government wastes 50 cents on every dollar" as though that belief makes it true. There's some kind of dark urban fantasy/sci-fi novel about statistics being powered by human belief in here.

Dear god planes would turn into flying death traps, and lotteries would collapse as hundreds of thousands won every jackpot. People are so useless with statistics the would would turn into some kind of post apocalyptic nightmare within weeks. We're talking about a species that is regulatory stumped by the Monty Hall problem without formal training.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

This guy does know the Austro-Hungarian empire no longer exists because of how bad they were at war right? I'm not sure they're the guys we want to borrow field manuals from.

I think bad is a little understating the magnitude of their incompetence, they failed to conquer Serbia. When your grand empire that's suppose to be competing with England and Germany for prestige and power losses to Serbia, your not just bad your an insult to the very concepts of empires and annexing other peoples sovereign territory. The grand achievements of Rome, Persia, and the Mongols are now lesser then they were before the war because they have to share the title of empire with a nation that lost to Serbia.

• Locked thread