Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Huitzil
May 25, 2010

by elpintogrande

VideoTapir posted:

Jesus loving christ, I learned that word in HIGH SCHOOL. It was actually taught in my loving high school.

Your local newspaper has loving subliterates running it.

God drat America.

You may have learned it in high school but that doesn't mean everyone else did, or everyone else remembered it longer than the 2 weeks from hearing it to passing the test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huitzil
May 25, 2010

by elpintogrande

Kieselguhr Kid posted:

Here's my conspiracy theory: The government makes up conspiracy theories to short-circuit activism by flooding protests with utter drips.

The only conspiracy is the conspiracy to make it appear as if there is only one conspiracy.

Also thinking that any time a bad thing happens it must have been deliberate and covert action on behalf of a powerful malicious party is the definition of paranoia, and even if you're making a joke it's something people here constantly say in total earnest. It's paranoia, AND, a horseshit cop-out to avoid addressing the possibility your "side" might have any flaw.

Huitzil
May 25, 2010

by elpintogrande

Amarkov posted:

I honestly don't understand the point there. Are we expected to believe that MarriageADA would hire someone who supported gay marriage? Or is this just blatant "we can do things you can't because we're right"?

Of course it is. Jaw-dropping hypocrisy is a component of pretty much every argument ever made by anyone with a pulse, why would you believe for any purely theoretical length of time that someone talking about an anti-defamation alliance for "defenders of traditional marriage" is saying it for any reason other than "It isn't fair that the gays get GLAAD and all those other guys and my side gets nothing! We should have our own GLAAD to make it fair! Also they shouldn't have a GLAAD because they're wrong and I'm right and I know I'm right because I think I'm right!"

Huitzil
May 25, 2010

by elpintogrande

Helsing posted:

This is a false equivalence. The realities of life make hypocrites out of us all, no doubt about that, but your extreme position effectively takes away our ability to evaluate arguments at all. Presumably its possible to be more or less of a hypocrite, and insofar as possible we should aspire not to be consciously hypocritical.

We should, but turns out, we don't.

Ugh, don't take that as a justification for whoever shat out that article and smeared it onto paper, that's just me being tired of everyone lying all of the time and impotently venting about it.

Huitzil
May 25, 2010

by elpintogrande

duck monster posted:

Its a pretty accurate description of my views to be perfectly honest.

v:shobon:v Maybe I just want to see the world burn, I dunno.

As far as I can tell, yeah.

I, on the other hand, just want to start a flame in your heart.

• Locked thread