Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's been deleted, but the LF goldmine had a pretty fantastic Friedman.txt thread going. I wish I still had some of the quotes they found. Friedman is great if you've ever wanted to see someone use every metaphor at once forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Saint Sputnik posted:

Here's a lovely bunch of opinions courtesy of the good people of Indiana

"The wrong people."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

Didn't Anders Loves Maria use "bork" to mean anal?
It didn't mean it, it was just the sound effect! That's the sound anal sex makes. Bork bork bork.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pope Guilty posted:

I haven't, no. I saw it a couple of times in theatres (I had to go a second time- the first showing was ruined because every single incident of violence or sex was met with gales of laughter from everybody in the audience, which started out as annoying and became disturbing right around the rape scene, which drew much laughter), and the impression I got both from the way Snyder handles Rorschach and 300 is that Zach Snyder thinks that Leonidas and Rorschach are loving awesome badass heroes. I didn't get a whiff of satire from 300, which may be my own fault for rolling my eyes constantly through it, and Watchmen seemed like it major-league missed the point.
There's also an extra line for Night Owl in the movie that isn't in the graphic novel, which turns Ozymandias from "morally ambiguous" to "obvious villain, obviously." Snyder really missed the point.

• Locked thread