Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Pope Guilty posted:

'Human Rights are the State religion of Europe...'

I love that some people live in a reality where this can be seen in any way as a bad thing.

Josef bugman posted:

Just as a quick question guys, would there be any objection to the rantings of David wong in here? I only ask because I am having touble articulating just what is wrong with one of his articles to other people and though you might be interested. It is not specifically political in nature, but it is an opinion/advice piece and pretty goddamn terrible.

As in Cracked.com/John Dies at the End David Wong?

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

King Dopplepopolos posted:

That guy is probably the kind of turd who thinks rights are zero sum: rights given to non-whites are rights that are taken away from whites. I still have trouble believing that people actually believe that.

What always fascinates about people who discuss "Liberty" always seem to forget there are positive and negative liberties. Every philosopher the founding fathers looked at when crafted the declaration saw that there will always be a fundamental balance of the two. Complete negative liberty is essentially anarchy. The freedom of damaging interference from others is as much a liberty as anything else.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

In a similar vein, someone linked me to an awful article claiming affirmative action in universities is actually bad for minorities because it lets black students who are not smart enough for a hard school enter and fail rather than letting them succeed in mediocrity.

Joementum posted:

Funniest part of that rant is that her sister used to be a features editor for the WSJ. Here's a longer takedown of the piece.

This is one of the few articles I have ever read that made me genuinely laugh out loud.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 2, 2013

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Douche posted:

Now I’ve been called just about every name in the book, including a racist by some though I don’t really know why

Take a guess

• Locked thread