Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Joementum posted:

An Ohio woman has noticed an instance of flagrant government waste: road signs.

Thanks, Obama

As a kid who grew up from age 5-18 in Avon Lake and only moved out for college last year, that woman is the literal antichrist at our townhall/city council meetings. First of all, we have a deer population in the Avon/Avon Lake area that is literally double what is sustainable, and people hit those fuckers once a week at minimum. Those signs have literally saved more lives than I can count at home. As for the waste? Considering we can't pass a loving school levy at home, I'm thinking the teabaggers have indeed infiltrated and assumed dominance over my beloved city council much to my (and the mayor's) chagrin. She's been proposing that for the past 5 years, despite the fact that our deer population has exploded to the point where we're allowing bow hunting and police firearm training in our parks as a method of culling them down. And that's sadly not even the worst idea she's had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Joementum posted:

Don't leave us hangin' here!

That lady at one point proposed that we not close our noxious power plant in town that hasn't powered anything in town for about 20 years. Keep in mind, this same power plant has caused is to have an abnormally high cancer rate and one of the lowest environmental ratings for a suburb in Cleveland. The reason why she wants it to stay? "Energy independence. So we don't have to bring in power across the lake from Canada."

We haven't gotten actual power from that plant in over a decade. But ARE energy. She's had other letters in the local papers too. I'll dig those up next time I'm home.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

Oh, look. National Review is already defending Richwine and calling out Heritage for firing his racist rear end.

• Locked thread