Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Charles Fuckhammer posted:

cutting marginal tax rates (thereby spurring growth)

This bit is what always bugs me, every time I hear someone say it. Lowering tax rates does not loving create growth. If anything it discourages growth as it presents incentive to hoard post-tax wealth. Since the decision would be as follows:

"If I start cashing bigger checks from my business"

a) It won't go into my pockets
b) It won't go to my business
c) I'm better off letting that wealth reside within the company and leverage it into expanding so that my company retains longevity and lasting value as opposed to being a short-term flash in the pan after which I get no more checks.

Instead, cutting those taxes generates the incentive to take the money out of the company instead of leaving it in the company as the tax rates are conducive to money not being in the company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread