Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

calmasahinducow posted:

Awesome example given that no soldiers are allowed to carry guns at fort hood.
Yeah, there are a lot better examples of 'if only more people had guns' = retarded, especially in Texas.

Literally assassinated a President in Texas and back in the good ol' days (when everyone had guns) Texas had it's own nation shaking massacre http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman I wonder how many people he could have taken out if he had an assault rifle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Also feel free to point out that the group paying 70% of income taxes holds 83% of the financial wealth in America and their financial wealth continues to grow while those below them either stagnate or shrink.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Directorman posted:

Here's a letter from today's Omaha World Herald (my local paper)

I read the letters every day out of the same sort of sick masochism I get from reading the Free thread--and yeah, worse stuff has been said in Freep, and even other letters have been more reprehensible in content...but something about this one just set me off.
Probably the 'why don't they just get a job' part.

http://www.qsrweb.com/article/18097...K-new-employees

"McDonald's nationwide "hiring day" on April 19 landed about 1 million applications and yielded 62,000 new employees for both part- and full-time positions."

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

The Democrats were historically a party of the south and filled with racists. When civil rights became a big issue and LBJ helped force through civil rights laws that prevented racial discrimination, the Southern Democrats became fed up with the Democratic party. Guess who welcomed all those racist southerners with open arms, and who those people still vote for today.

"Individual Freedom" as a superseding ideology is to let people refuse to serve coloreds and foreigners at their diner in Bumfuck Mississippi or Shithole Arizona.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

I can sympathize with the fact that if you have financial obligations and cannot meet them due to a change in expected income it can be a source of very real stress, regardless of where you are on the financial ladder, but this is just absolute bullshit:

Bruce Leroy posted:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bonus...-050100338.html
"If you're making $50,000 and your salary gets down to $40,000 and you have to cut, it's very severe to you," Dlugash said. "But it's no less severe to these other people with these big numbers."
A goddamn accountant and he's so disconnected from reality that the concept of marginal utility escapes him? And these are people handling investments. The thought, that people responsible for investing and saving money are this inept at personal accounting, is both scary and enlightening.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Wait, so is he openly admitting that the Reagan administration supplied terrorists with weapons, and that he plans to do the same?

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

quote:

Zionism will only cease being demonized in the politically correct corners of the West once our schools and film industry cease to demonize colonialism.
Stop portraying the annihilation of indigenous people as a bad thing

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Yes and no. You have yearly fluctuations with some higher usage rates and overall a reduction in abuse/addiction rates. So I'd say that the central thrust of his statement misses the point, you don't legalize a drug to reduce its consumption, you legalize it to reduce turning people into addicts and criminals.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Well, yeah, the second half is basically what happened in Portugal. They decriminalized (not legalized) drugs and actual got people to voluntarily accept treatment for addiction instead of throwing users in a surprise sex hole with violent criminals for several years.

Somewhat recent update: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...lf-in-portugal/

quote:

Other factors had also played their part however, Goulao, a medical doctor added.
“This development can not only be attributed to decriminalisation but to a confluence of treatment and risk reduction policies.”

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

rt4 posted:

Really? Anyone have a link to somewhere I can find out where my household income falls?

Looks like if your household made right at 100K that put you into the top 20% in 2009 http://www.census.gov/compendia/sta...les/12s0692.pdf

As a married couple, it would put you in the top 30% compared to other married couples.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

V. Illych L. posted:

also not quite sure what a third-wave maoist is, please clarify tia

He's referring to the Maoist third worldism posting from one or two posters.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

quote:

History is replete with examples of Americans taking just so much abuse and nonsense before they decide that they have had enough and will inevitably strike back!

*Strikes back by using a knife to methodically blind and murder a homeless immigrant in a back alley.*

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

Oh good, she's doubling down:

What is it with certain people not just being ignorant, but actually reveling in it? She freely admits to making criticisms without knowing anything about what she was criticizing, and does so proudly, as though she doesn't have the time to be bothered with things like reading.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

blackmet posted:

look ... that screams "multiple DUI's, cocaine abuse, strippers, illegitimate children." Not exactly things that are "conservative."

Actually, that's pretty spot on conservative.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

Only needs one change to the ending:

quote:

Charles Krauthammer is a syndicated columnist.

It’s enough to make you weep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe

PT6A posted:

What makes online gaming so attractive? Is it the legions of utter morons you can encounter? The thrill of being called a "friend of the family enjoyable human being jew" by someone whose voice hasn't dropped yet? I deal with enough morons in my day-to-day life, I want my recreational activities to be as free from them as possible.

Because AI is still unmitigated garbage, even compared to whiny 13 year old shitlords, and you can mute chat if you aren't playing with people you know. Also, you can't troll AI and make it ragequit.

• Locked thread