Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

From the most popular forum in world........Facebook!

Via the Redskins fan page posting an article about the O-line:

quote:

Bravo...I'm sure the idiots here have tried to say how bad the line was.

They were actually top 10 in rushes of 10+ yards to the left and right last year. The only weak rushing area was up the middle and there's enough in place to replace Rabach soon.

The pass protection was much better once Groundball McNabb got benched for a quarterback with an actual human brain.
Rex Grossman was sacked 9 times in the 3 games he started.

Here's one from a guy who posts consistently on Skins page stories, and yes he posts these in all caps:

quote:

SKINS HAVE TO STABILIZE THE OFFENSIVE LINE WITH QUALITY BEEF ZACH HURD,CARL JOHNSON,JOHN BENDER, SKINS HAVE TO OPEN DOORS FOR FA NON DRAFTED 2011 COLLEGE PLAYERS GET ANOTHER OT,GUARD & CENTER START BUILDING A OFFENSIVE LINE IN 2011 TO LATER BRING ANDREW LUCK IN 2012 DRAFT ! POSSIBLY GET THE CENTER FROM USC OR MISSOURI !

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Anals of History posted:

This crime is sorta in the same catagory as a first DUI or simple drug possession; a lot of college students do it.

Hahahahahaha.

"Come on guys, our first larceny rings weren't squeaky clean either."

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Here's a brilliant theory in regards to Buffalo's porous run defense:

You can tell this poster is brilliant due to his unconventional disregard for such things as punctuation and capitalization. Clearly, his sage wisdom is to be heeded, as by far the best player on our entire defense and perhaps our football team who is objectively awesome is actually the problem.

The fact that he didn't bring up Dareus at all makes me question his analysis of defensive philosophies.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Arschlochkind posted:

On Mario Williams:

That goes great with your av.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

AdamD posted:

they wanted vince young soooo bad

Over Charlie Caserly's cold, dead, old man glasses.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

McKracken posted:

There's something that really creeps me out about Casserly's mannerisms. It's almost painful to watch/listen to him speak and and he never seems well put together.

He's just an older dude from a different era, but that doesn't make him any less of an analyst/GM.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kalli posted:

He did manage to say something that got Belichick to respond with:

Which pretty much sounds like what you'd read on a message board come to think of it.

He got angry when Peter King questioned one of his moves too, didn't he? Seems like this Belichick fellow doesn't take criticism well.

I will always consider Charlie credible having picked Mario Williams over Bush and made that Ricky Williams trade.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Cumhand Luke posted:

What I'm wondering is: who is Caste Football's favorite black football player?? Is it a quiet guy like Barry Sanders, or someone like Plaxico Burress who validates all their talking points??

With that criteria it would be Jamarcus Russell.....we're reaching the danger zone here, gents.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

MD2020 posted:

I wonder how it works if a Caste Football poster is invited into a fantasy football league of non-Caste players.

Do they try to win by picking the best players, or do they let their beliefs take over and end up taking Riley Cooper in the third round?

I'd want him in my league.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Hogs Haven poster posted:

A good kicker puts us at 9-7 last year…Just saying.

Hogs Haven editor posted:

Look at the NFL results almost every game is insanely close, it truly is a game on inches. Every fan can say one kick here, one less block in the back, etc… then we would of been a winning team. Sure we lost 6 games by extremely thin margins, but also ALL of our wins were one score games. You can sit here and say that we easily could of gone 9-7, and someone else can just as easily say we could of gone 0-16, thin line is razor thin.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

So uhhhh.....how did we get here?

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:6830317

Basically all the comments for that

captaincrimson49 posted:

merril hodge, you moron how can you possibly fathom that college doesent transfer to nfl??? I'm an Alabama fan, so I hated Tim Tebow most of his career but his leadership skills are an intangible..... witch means???? something you can't coach. like DeMeco Ryans, middle linebacker at alabama came to the nfl and guess what??? his rookie season 120 takles~!!!!!!! are you serious yes sir i am check the stats also rookie of the year....... RTR RTR RTR RTR RTR RTR RTR

SEC IS FOOTBAWWWWW!

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Morby posted:

Wait a sec, there are Raiders Redskins fans who want to bench Campbell? I mean, 8-8 isn't spectacular or anything, but they haven't had a .500 season in years.

Same crap, different team. 3 seasons in the same offense before you all judge him? Please? :smith:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

MorningView posted:

Last year I only kept this open because it made *entry removed* mad.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

From the DC sports blog comments section

quote:

while we anticipate the upcoming football season, several of my colleagues and I remain dismayed at the number of Black high profile athletes and entertainers who have chosen non-Black women to date and marry. It would present a fascinating image and dynamic if men like Robert Griffin were seen with Black women as their mates and spouses. This would be a powerful, symbolic image, especially in the DMV, where so many Black people are fans of Washington's football team.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 7, 2012

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Crazy685 posted:

Commy - that comment has the vagueness that makes it take an entirely different context if he's white or black.

Edited it for clarity.

I get that this a cultural issue among african americans but to disapprove of someone marrying out of race is inappropriate regardless of skin color.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I assumed the poster was black when I read it since its a respectable site and there isn't rampant internet hate/racism. I know this it was about culture and not race but that doesn't give anyone the right to "critique" who he wants to marry.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Declan MacManus posted:

For what it's worth, my friends in DC say there's a lot of pressure to marry black women and form ~Black Power Couples~ to take back DC from the cultural hegemony.

Well the Marion Barry plan isn't getting it done.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Marketing New Brain posted:

Are people really reading that as being anti-interracial marriage? I see it more as someone opining about a complex issue, like how high profile members of the black community disproportionately dating/marrying white women sets them up as status symbols and devalues black women. The poster is dismayed at the overall effect these types of marriages have, not at the marriages themselves or RGIII's in particular, if that makes any sense?

I love this thread for the abhorrent opinions, not so much the opinions I disagree with but ultimately could see how someone arrived at them.

Like I said, I realize its a cultural issue and not racial but its unfair to say something like that just because "hes a celebrity and should be more conscious." Its also very insulting to the fiancee (Rebecca Lidicoat), its sound like he picked her up at a dealership or something.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Some of the liners got me.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Maxxlimit posted:

WOW, can this game get any softer?????????? Might as well make it touch football and play 5min qtrs since we over playing players and they still want the salary cap to be moved up!!! Man the commish is going to have some issues coming if he don't already lol.
              \

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I have some real football games on VCR tapes.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

He doesn't remember how bad both Roy Williams's were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

MV's gamertag spotted

(from the Black Ops thread)

• Locked thread