Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
In Red State America, we pity the struggling billionaires of the league who are being viciously attacked by the undeserving workers. Stephen Ross is 1.1 billion dollars poorer and down to ONLY 3.4 billion? Players have to cave and cave NOW!

quote:

According to forbes, the majority of the teams clear around 20 to 30 million a season. Some teams like the Cowboys and Patriots do better (much of their income come from investments outside of the football team). Som teams like the Lions and Dolphins have done significantly less (some have lost money)

So yes, the teams are making money, but the ROI is pretty bad if you look at it from a cash flow basis. 20 million dollars of net revenue on a 1 billion dollar investment. That isn't so great.

quote:

EXACTLY - that's why there isn't a wait list to become an NFL owner, it is not a good investment at all and that's why the majority of the NFL owners are far far far down on Forbes Richest Americans list.

quote:

Yep...

In these uncertain economic times and with the NFL a season away from a possible lockout, it's always a good idea to know how wealthy your favorite team's owner is.

Forbes recently released its 2010 list of the world's richest people, and we can see why they're eager to wrangle more money out of the next collective bargaining agreement.

Miami Dolphins owner and Manhattan real estate developer Stephen Ross tied for 277thwith an estimated net worth of $3.4 billion. That's down $1.1 billion and 50 spots since Forbes' 2008 rankings because of the struggling real estate market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
TJ Ward was on Sirius NFL radio today or recently, whatever, and said

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 5m

#Broncos SS @BossWard43: I appreciate everything the #Browns did for me and their fans...but I wanted to go to a place where I could win.

How do Browns fans respond?

quote:

Really can't blame him since he couldn't win here on his own merit. TJ really needs other talent around him to be a winner, and Browns just did not have enough help on Defense to cover for his deficiencies. I have been saying it since Shurmur was here, Ward has been overrated by most everyone, at least he knows he needs help to become a winner.

Maybe that's not what he meant, but that's what it is.

Now that he has moved on to a team that can help him win, we can now start winning some games with players that already know how to win in Whitner and Dansby, we don't have to rely on guys that were drafted into a crap team and played up to that level of crapiness. The Peter Principle has been the Browns m.o. for a long time.

quote:

Guys that don't want to be part of the solution (TJ Ward) are the players who were holding us back in the first place. We will be better off going forward with the Whitners and Dansbys of the World who actually want to be here and be the catalysts for the coming resurgence of Cleveland Browns football in Northeast Ohio. And it IS coming ...

The Browns resurgence is coming as surely as the South rising again.

A guy who was both an All Pro and Pro Bowler this year really loving sucked and held back this glorious 4-12 team from, like, 10 or more wins totally.

quote:

"My 4-12 team let me walk so I took what I could get.", lol.

:laugh:

quote:

He's gonna be pretty upset when the Browns knock Denver out of the Playoffs this year then.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Locked thread