Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

You could make a contest rewarding someone who actually found an intelligent comment at Caste Football. It would also be a great honeypot for taking out a bunch of closet racists.

On topic: Barry Sanders' father died earlier this week. A poster on Pride of Detroit feels this is the right time to get something off his chest:

quote:

Actually yeah, this is the place for it.

Call me insensitive if you want but he lived to a ripe old age of 74, he had a lot to do with Barry retiring early, and It’s not like Barry himself is going to read these. and even if he does, I’m still sore at how his old man had to have his say on a lot about Barry’s retiring. . .In case you were not around it burned a lot of bridges the way Sr. kept dangling a lot of fans around with all the comments he made back then about how he acted like he alone could bring barry back, and then because he couldn’t force Ford Sr. to buckle to his will he made it sound back then that he talked Barry into actually retiring. So yeah I still have many issues and now he is gone, so a comment like that is and should be expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I'm pleased to report that most MSU fans I can find online don't condone Dion Sims' actions or Dantonio bringing him back on the team. There are a few though, this one coming from MLive:

quote:

This crime is sorta in the same catagory as a first DUI or simple drug possession; a lot of college students do it.

I knew plenty of kids who drank or did weed. Never knew anyone doing stuff like playing a part in a $150k+ fraud against Detroit Public Schools. Maybe I'm sheltered.

Also from the same post:

quote:

Statistics don't lie; if you are an MSU football player, you have approximately a 15 percent chance of pleading guilty to at least one misdemeanor or a felony during your four to five years at MSU.

Not downplaying the institutional trouble here, but I don't think stats work like that.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Re: Banning messages in eye black - Florida strikes back

quote:

this is a joke...it is all about tim tebo and they dont want to say it..the aclu is probably behind this...christians are hated in three area, south florida, los angeles and new york...these areas all vote democratic and are littered with pathetic liberals that love gay adoption and marriage...

quote:

the absence of messages about God is athism,,it too is a religion and their god is no god,,we have freedom of religion,,all religion,,and expressing faith in Jesus has to be as ok as any other,,so even voodoo gets to be expressed in public,,it is why our ancestors came to this country,,

Re: Penalties for excessive celebration

quote:

Like the tauting rule it will keep these welfare project thugs on "free rides" from continuing to ruin the greatest game in the world....football..... and as a buckeye i would love to have seen that flag for diving in the end zone. but i'd rather win fair and square and not on a penalty or some f@g kickers leg. see you all at the national championship game and god i hope we play alabama. o-h-i-o go bucks!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Kalli posted:

I'm pretty sure Caste football posters are fine with owning black players.

Besides fantasy football is all about flashy stats, not doing what actually wins football games. :v:

Points deducted for celebrations, reliance on athleticism over grit, and/or failure to acknowledge Christ.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

There were a couple of NCAA teams that had Native American-themed names that were forced to change even though nearby tribes were cool with the names. That some of the white people who jumped in and started demanding the change seemed to have such a paternal mentality, that this minority population had to be convinced that they were being offended for their own good, seemed more offensive than the name itself.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Well, not everyone can master Microsoft Flight Simulator '97. :smug:

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I want a "House of David" basketball jersey.

Not horrible, but just hilariously optimistic post from Free Republic:

quote:

As an Ohioan I believe the trouble Ohio State has had is dwarfed by the schools in the southeast. There is going to be a lot of scrutiny now and others schools are going to go down hard, making Ohio State look like the angels they are. Bring it on!, because the big ten is the gentlemen of college football.

(I’m flame proof in my Ohio State official gameware)

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I just saw this in the comments on ESPN:

:tinfoil:

If Bama wants the "control the media" stereotype, they can have it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

ShimSham posted:

In all fairness, this is the first year in forever where I remember seeing people wearing Lions gear in non-local advertisements. Doesn't stick in my craw as much as it does for that guy, but it did look to me like companies either thought Lions fans didn't exist or that they weren't worth acknowledging.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

ShimSham posted:

"the King's English" really is the icing on the cake.

That made me think this was a gag initially. Like "Idiot Letters," but with a tone-deaf dipshit.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

That poster's got a promising career ahead of him as a scout.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Come to TFF for the master race shithead shaming, stay for the references to 19th century French poetry.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I'm upset that you, Colin Kaepernick, failed to make my job easy by spoonfeeding me quotes. As punishment, I'll show you and the rest of the world how bad it gets without that help.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

Oh and one more thing. Peyton may have switched teams and coaches, which goes to add to his personal resume and ability. People say Tom's a system quarterback with a HOF coach and that helped him...but let's be honest. Doesn't the Denver Broncos offense look EXACTLY like Peyton Manning's offense in Indy?

:staredog: System QB has had a number of (bad, dumb) definitions, but never one like "a QB who implements his own system and lets the coach and OC play along."

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Glad someone else other than Maurice Clarett has the stones to stand up to the Jewish Mafia.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Dantonio and Izzo are both consistently successful, they've been loyal to MSU, and they have similar popular perceptions for being ethical, hard-working, and distinctly Midwestern. It seems like a number of the same components that helped (a portion of) PSU's fans go full retard for Paterno are present at MSU. I think any fan for a program that has been or currently is successful can find similar reasons to be worried about their respective fanbases.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

There's no conversation that gets into dogwhistling faster than discussing QBs scrambling versus staying in the pocket.

Morby posted:

I do sorta love it when people :qq: about Kaepernick. Dude has gotten them so far into the post season both seasons he's been with the 49ers after taking over for Smith. A lot of teams would be glad to have him at QB.

Meanwhile, Stafford catches almost no grief for accomplishing a lot less with more talent around him.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Stafford gets poo poo on all the time though.

By us, sure. He's only recently begun to catch grief from the general public, that I've seen at least, and what's there isn't even a tenth of the poo poo that Kaepernick or Newton have taken for how they play or who they are.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

to a lessar extinct, Jim Kelly

This is my new most favorite typo.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Poonerman posted:

eli manning won two super bowls with the latter

His argument is dumb, but "muted catatonic magnificence" is a phrase I'm looking forward to stealing.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I'm assuming this is all following Ditka's own little poo poo post about Stafford needing to turn his cap around if he wants to be a good QB.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

It's silly to act like a player's personal life doesn't affect their on-field performance but it's equally silly to try and go the other way and diagnose personal life issues from on the field play.

The only tiny silver lining you could take from that line of reasoning popping up more and more is that maybe fans are thinking more about athletes as being human beings. Probably not, but you can hope.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Two men kissing pushed this poor, beleaguered straight white male to the edge, and he's about to break.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Really want to see a 300 lb. kickboxer. If you google "300 lb kickboxer" right now, you get training equipment, not people.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

Exactly. So many choose to blame housekeeping for how they failed to properly scrub the toilet when in fact they are simply cleaning up the nasty dump of someone who was unable to control themselves. Heaven forbid blame be placed with the perpetrator.

Why would you even draw this comparison to begin with?
[/quote]

If this happened in a real argument, everyone who heard that diarrhea metaphor would be so embarrassed, confused, or otherwise thrown off their game that they'd forget the initial comments that started the argument and drop the whole thing. Diarrhea man is then regarded as either the stupidest motherfucker on the planet or a real American hero.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

That one round where Randy Coture stood up and styled on Sylvia was pretty fun.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

limeincoke posted:

That post is already gone. lol. I'm assuming he got fuckin put on blast somethin hardcore. It takes a special kind of troll to withstand the onslaught of posting something like that.

He didn't switch to puppet master mode quickly enough. Just kept gaining altitude on those waxen wings.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Well, I guess I'll take stupid, ignorant, and hopeful over stupid, ignorant, and vicious.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Chieves posted:

I looked at BaylorFans today you guys. :cripes:

I should be geeked about MSU starting the season being ranked so high, but I see stuff like this and know that success will only enable awful things to be said or done. Can't bring myself to be that emotionally invested when I can't prove that crimes aren't being covered up and that we don't have administrators/ fans who will circle the wagons to protect their primary source of income/self-worth at the cost of basic human decency. This thread is a constant reminder to keep pride for my chosen sports teams at a minimum.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

rebel1608 posted:

This is one has a 6th Sense style twist at the end

I audibly gasped at that line. Like, no way...no loving way.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I didn't like those routes Joe ran where he'd suddenly spin like a pinwheel in the middle of the field and then lay down holding his helmet. Toomer never did that.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Four days earlier from Bleacher Report:

Adolphus Washington is Buffalo Bills' 2017 secret weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

News: Head Coach Jimbo Fisher has left FSU for TAMU. Willie Taggert was hired in his stead, and many of his new hires are black

Views:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShawnFace/status/949328591128424448

His reaction is "lol thin skin" to people responding to it

Bonus points for the twitter avi that reads "Fast Twitch" in the background. The man is dedicated to his craft.

• Locked thread