Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
From a 49er forum I sometimes read:

quote:

Alex Smith isn't that bad a quarterback. His first year he was thrown into a really tough situation, no line and no receivers. Our best RB was getting only about 20% of the carries and the D was a mess.

He showed those flashes of brilliance in year 2 under Turner. Brilliance I tell you!

He's the face of this franchise, and the fact that he's coming back here just shows what a loyal guy he is. Personally I think he could be a top 10 QB next year.

It's like they pulled this guy from 2007 and the first thing they made him do was write this post.

EDIT: Same thread, different guy.

quote:

Now I know I've been called crazy before about really liking Alex and still will get called crazy, but he will finally be a consistent winner starting this year.(If we have a year)...Look at when he's on fire....he's on fire and when he's not, he's not. Sooo he's had more bad games than good cuz of being benched and started, benched and started.....killed his ego js a tad. Now having the RIGHT coach and confidence, he will finally shine and be the QB that the A. Smith fans beleived he could be. We have all the weapons on both sides of the ball and even with the lockout situation goin on, we will still win the division and make the playoffs. Just remember this post when mid-to-late season rolls around all you A. Smith haters. Go Alex!

Books On Tape fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Thread Title: Alex Smith in 2011 vs Joe Montana in 1981

code:
Montana 81- 16 Starts| 13-3 (.8125) | 19 TDs (1.18/game)| 12 INTs (.75/game)| 3565 YARDS (223/G)| 63.7 Comp % | QB Rating 88.4
Alex 2011------- 6 Starts | 5-1 (.8333) | 8 TDs (1.33/game) | 2 INTs (.33/game)| 1090 YARDS (182/G)| 63.3 Comp % | QB Rating 95.2

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Thread Title: What if Jim Harbaugh wins a SB this year?

What do you think? Would he be considered the greatest rookie NFL coach of all-time? One thing for sure is that we 49er fans will definitely rejoice him as the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh. I didn't think we would be this good and competitive this year. I thought at best we were a 9-7 or 8-8 team. But the way things are looking we can possibly see a 13-3 or 12-4. We always had talent but we never had the right coaching. Discuss...

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Man, monday mornings are so good on the 49ers fan board recently.

Title: Is this 49ers team the best in the NFL Right Now?

Do you think this team is the best in the NFL right now? The patriots aren't that good. The Steelers look flawed. The Lions have been exposed by the 49ers as average. The only team that seems to compare are the kings of hype the packers. SHould we be superbowl favorites?

• Locked thread