Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I can't find any of his posts right now because for whatever reason pewter-report.com is blocked at work but there's a guy there that is literally the dumbest person ever or the most consistent troll I've ever seen.

He thinks that:

• Josh Freeman is a bust and we should have drafted Sanchez instead
  • Tim Tebow is a better QB than Freeman and if we couldn't have gotten Sanchez we should have waited on Tebow
  • Tebow/Sanchez will be in the HOF and Freeman will be out of the league in 2 years.
  • Raheem Morris has no idea what he's doing and he lucked into last season. He should be fired and Urban Meyer should be brought in (noticing a theme?)
  • Jeff Faine is the greatest center in the game and deserves a better QB like Drew Brees.

When I can get home and look up the rest of the stuff he posts I'll share here. The guy is insane but refuses to back down off his views.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Doronin posted:

I don't know what it is about Gator fans who are also Bucs fans, but the ones that actually call Bucs PR to voice complaints are thoroughly insane. Example A, the guy you're talking about.

I'm always excited when the Bucs draft a Vol (yay Stocker) but I've never gotten to the point of being that retarded.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Found a post by the guy I was talking about earlier:

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1281102.0.html

Jdog posted:

Topic: Gruden never went 3 years in a row without making the playoffs

Since Raheem failed to make the playoffs his first 2 years, if he doesn't make the playoffs in his 3rd season, should he be fired? Or should the team just accept mediocrity and let him continue to miss the playoffs year after year?

And some replies:

NovaBuc posted:

Gruden's largest increase in victories from one year to the next was 6, Raheem's is 7. Raheem wins.

Jdog posted:

Had Raheem himself not caused that pathetic 3-13 season, I'd agree with you. But really he went from a 9-7 team that beat a lot of teams with winning records to a 10-6 team that beat one team with a winning record.

So you guys don't seem to care if the Bucs make the playoffs. As long as they keep bringing in young rookies with "potential", you guys are dazzled. It's too bad most of Tampa doesn't agree with that way of thinking or the games wouldn't be blacked out.

and it goes on like this for a while.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

terrin posted:

it's amazing to me that fans of a team with such obvious upside could be this malcontent. That offense is gonna be pretty awesome soon

ed: actually I guess it's not the crazy given Pats fans can be as malcontent with a team that is presently a winner

After reading more and paying attention to what he says there's no way this guy isn't just an elaborate troll. I refuse to believe someone is that ridiculous. Literally EVERYTHING the new staff on the Bucs does is the wrong decision. There's not one single player from the Bucs draft that he approved of.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Weird, Jeff Faine was the center for Drew already. It was his choice to leave for the money.

Yeah, there was some article at the beginning of all this lock out stuff that came out about how Josh Freeman was holding practices with a few of the guys on the Bucs. Faine came out saying how he was doing it wrong and wouldn't participate and would rather practice with a guy like Brees.

The aforementioned poster was all over it and saying Faine was completely right and blah blah blah.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Incitatus posted:

I just wonder why no one has started a campaign that the New York Jets is offensive because of 9/11.

quote:

On March 4, 2010 it was announced that she would be competing directly with ESPN's 6pm ET SportsCenter by co-hosting a new show on Versus called The Daily Line, which debuted on April 5. Jenn said, "I always felt sports TV was a bunch of guys in suits yelling at me. Other shows don't exactly know how to use social media and the Web," says Sterger. "Since I'm practically living on the Web, I've got a pulse on what going on out there.....And I'll be personally accessible to the audience, except for my personal phone number."[12] After seven months on the air, Versus cancelled The Daily Line as of November 4, 2010.[2] In 2011, Sterger worked as a reporter on specials for Fuel TV.

Also all this talk about Favre made me look up Jenn Sterger on Wikipedia. Her career really took a nosedive after that scandal.

hahahahaha I hope that was intentional.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I agree with the guy that Snyder thinks he's doing what's best for his team he's just obviously doing it the wrong way.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The conversation he's 'having' with Snyder is like a mother talking to their child.

"I know you're trying to do your best honey, you're obviously the best child in the class for it and don't let them tell you any different"

While your 'child' may be trying his best, that doesn't mean he's not loving retarded.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bananasinpajamas posted:

Sweetwater is pretty awful and the entire state of Georgia is absolutely infatuated with them for some reason.

No Safe Word posted:

I assume he means these guys, who if their 420 pale ale is any indication, make rather mediocre brews.

You take that back you godless heathens

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bucs fan on how he feels about signing three big FAs and then nothing happening for a week or so:

quote:

Imagine two families that live next door to each other in the exact same type of house. Each father in the house works at the same job and makes exactly the same money. In fact, imagine a neighborhood street of 32 homes all lined up. All full of fathers working at the same business, making the exact same money.

Most of the Dads make sure their kids eat really nice meals every day, all year long. Why? Because they can afford it and want the best for their kids. In fact, some of the Dads go the extra mile and have finely prepared, healthy meals for the kids. These Dads really want their kids to succeed and excel.

But then we have the Dad who has gone several years feeding his kids nothing but McDonalds. His kids are fat, slow and out of shape. The Dad uses all the money he saves on his little fat and out of shape kids and spends it on his other family - who just happen to live in England in a really shiny palace.

Word starts getting out that this Dad is a cheap-o. His kids are performing abysmally in school, they are lethargic, getting horrible grades, and fat as hell. Pressure starts to mount on the Dad to start taking better care of his kids. So what does he do - he decides he is going to go out and buy his kids dinner at Bern's Steak House!!! They can order anything they want off the menu - and he orders 3 of the nicest, most expensive steaks in the house.

After dinner - he looks at his kids and says: "Well, I hope you enjoyed that, because I am done. It is back to McDonalds for you."

And he signs the check, does not leave a tip, and drives the kids home.

After several days of more McDonalds meals -- finally the school counselor calls and explains how much more help these kids need. They are in trouble. And the Dad responds: "Jesus Christ, I took them to Berns and bought them the 3 best meals in the entire place. What more do you want?"

Seriously, what more do you want from me???

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

From an ESPN live chat session:

:psyduck:

Rex Grossman apparently has been more successful than Carson Palmer. (and that just scratches the surface of what's wrong with this comment)

Maybe he meant out of Florida?

I mean I guess Spurrier was a decent punter but...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crazy685 posted:

Kicker, not punter. How DARE you :mad:

wikipedia posted:

National Football League
The San Francisco 49ers selected Spurrier in the first round (third pick overall) of the 1967 NFL Draft.[8] Spurrier played for the 49ers for nine seasons, mostly as a punter and backup quarterback to John Brodie, before being traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers expansion team for his final NFL season in 1976.[9] He played his best game as an NFL quarterback against the Minnesota Vikings in 1973, when he completed 31 of 48 pass attempts for 320 yards.[6] During his 10-year NFL career, Spurrier played in 106 games, completing 597 passes in 1,151 attempts, for a total of 6,878 yards and forty touchdowns.[10]

:colbert:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Only size I could make it in imgur without breaking tables, so deal with it I guess

Don't resize it, just use the timg link code and it will thumbnail them.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DangerKat posted:

I was reminded of Walter Football a bit ago which reminded me of this god awful post in a topic about Carl Nicks signing with the Bucs. Supposedly this guy is a Bucs fan:

And when mocked about the "only care about money", he responded with:

The bolded parts are important because they are basically just the guy parroting Walter Football's analysis of Tampa's signings, mainly the Vincent Jackson write up:

Yes, he did copy and paste one of that part. He never responded after getting called out on it.

I want the Bucs to win the Super Bowl and it be entirely because of Nicks and Jackson, just so this rear end in a top hat can feel dumb.

Also cause the Bucs winning the SB would be pretty rad.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

quote:

People like to "pile on" skip bayless all the time.... what about bill belichick??

Is Bill Belichick a racist ??
in 2011 pre-season he TRIED TO MAKE RAHEEM MORRIS LOOK BAD (playin' like it's a regular season game), but was all chummy chum with the new white coach Schiano in 2012??

From pewterreport.com

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No, it just has an awful, awful message board full of trolls and complete idiots. It's also completely unmoderated except by casual members yelling at each other. I saw one guy go bonkers on another the other day; Guy One says "If I was in the league and [whoever] did that he could lick my nuts" or something similar. Guy two loses his poo poo because it's a 'family oriented message board'.

The main site isn't bad for Bucs info though.

edit: Oh yeah, there's also this guy whose entire schtick is to hate on ANYthing the Bucs do. He also carries on about how we should have drafted Tebow in the first round because he would have been the savior of the franchise. He's so serious about it I almost believe he's not kidding.

I've thought about buying him an account here.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 26, 2012

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This buddy of mine that's a Falcons fan refuses to call the Bucs anything but the "Tampon Bay Fuckin-Queers" over and over and over and over and over and

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not really a post but on VolNation everyone insists on calling the head coaches by their initials. Which is fine but they also add "c" for coach in front.

So, you get CBJ (Butch Jones) or CDD (Derek Dooley). I don't know why but it annoys the poo poo out of me.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1304246.0.html

What's this? A post about the potential of a current NFL player coming out in the next few months? Surely nothing could go wrong he....

quote:

Maybe I'm behind the times (no pun intended, but laugh if you want), but why is that info?

Why do I need to know about some guy taking it in the poopshoot from another guy anyway? (reminds me of the scene from talladega nights where Ricky Bobby's best friend declares that he spread his butt cheeks for playgirl)....like he needed to tell him that? Lol

It's not like I run around telling people I bang vagina. Big non deal IMO.

quote:

Heaven Help Us. Hope it's not a Bucs player-- that would be soooo gay.

I remember when it was legal to throw rocks at gays.

I guess it would be "illegal" to yell gay slurs at the player at a game?? Sad.

quote:

I could really care less.. Still, I'm sick of this attitude that society should throw a fricking parade every time someone comes out of the closet.

And no, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Josh(Freeman). Of course, suppose he does come out and we don't renew his contract. Wouldn't that be fun times in the media.

quote:

I don't understand why they want to make a big deal about it. I have no problems with a player being gay but why does he need special media attention for it? If they want to be just like everybody else, why make a big deal about announcing it? The media wants this so bad. I only care if our players can run tackle and score, other than that, who cares?

quote:

Homosexuality is a blight on Society.
It always has been, and it always will be-- no matter how many people cave in to their wishes.

I made it about four pages until my brain locked up and I closed the page out.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Guy makes a post on pewterreport.com about the new Bucs unis saying if you didn't like them you could email the Bucs and tell them, providing a contact link.

This was a response:

quote:

"Dear Bucs ,

Waaaaaaaaahhh , I'm writing you this letter because I'm an infant with no forward thinking fashion sense ,and I can't stand not getting my way , Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! "

Actually the whole thread is awful, go nuts: http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1314430.0.html

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Chris Christie's brother is literally the brother from Black Sheep.

Jesus I didn't realize who that was at first. When I read it I was like "yeah I guess he has a point why would you care who your local politician roots for" but knowing that now it's amazing.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

football fuckerman posted:

87 MONTRÉAL
84 TAMPA BAY
81 DETROIT
71 BOSTON
- - Wild Card cutoff - -
69 FLORIDA
65 OTTAWA
57 TORONTO
43 BUFFALO

So this dude is going to war over a series of injuries that happened right in front of the cameras in a game between a wild card contender and his precious team, a team with no shot at the playoffs with the sixth-worst record in the league

Okay that's all I just couldn't believe this dude, thank you

Tampa is is second huh? Neat.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dattserberg posted:

Run by the greatest figure in professional hockey history, Steve Yzerman.

Watch more hockey.

Last time I watched hockey they won Stanley's trophy so I might

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Go on...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dikembe about to get knocked the gently caress out

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

As always, the most popular QB for some Internet Georgia Fans is the guy who never plays:

REASONS WHY FATON BAUTA SHOULD BE GEORGIA'S STARING QB:
1) He tries hard.
2) Richt was mean to Logan Gray.
3) Tebow!

Every year with this stuff.

4) Has a neat name

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress man why don't we get some dumb nickname?

vikingstrike posted:

Yep.

The only thing on Rivals that might be worse is how they refer to coaches: CUM, CMR, CNS, etc.

They do that on the 247 boards as well. It always gives me pause to figure out what CBJ means.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hahah

"I think you said it was an 85% chance?"

"No I said it was an 8.5 on the 10 scale"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I turned 25 last month and I'm already starting to feel kind of weird about paying so close attention to NFL draft prospects who are now all younger than me. I can't imagine being 70 and being obsessed with 17 year old high school athletics.

I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping up with what your team is doing and who they're interested in. It gets into creepy weirdo territory when you start following them on twitter and yelling at them for not picking your team or doing something bad in a game.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think it's just better to stay on the team's side of things. Listen/read about what the team thinks about the players they want and go along with that. If you get them, great, if not oh well. The baseball cards is a good analogy. They're not anything 'real' until they're on the team.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Happy to say I had to look up what dindu meant and jesus christ.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People started liking him because he was a likeable scientist and they could feel unique to talk about a scientist nobody'd heard of (at the time). He gained a lot of popularity and exposure and now he's someone everyone knows. So now he's starting to circle into the territory of " (popular thing)? Well I don't like that!"

I have no opinions on the man one way or another. Cosmos was pretty cool though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The posts are coming from within the thread! :romo:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Joe Jurevicius was a great and handsome man and I will hear no besmirchment of his name!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Wayne Chrebet best white receiver

Look at this post that's a horrible football post

Joe Jurevicious would like you to apologize

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.pewterreport.com/forums/topic/fire-koetter-2/

A post wherein Koetter should go ahead and be fired.

I would like to draw your attention to the post that claims Jameis was an affirmative action QB and is the anchor that would pull Koetter down.

He then doubles down by saying he said this when he was drafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Epi Lepi posted:

I stopped reading Pewter Report because Scott Reynolds couldn't stop with his right wing nonsense, and man I'm glad I never read the forums or comments.

How has the site been this year? Has he been super uppity about the anthem kneeling?

I don't read their columns and only go there when I want Bucs news and immediately remember why thats a bad idea.

There is this though:

https://www.pewterreport.com/forums/topic/embarrassed-to-own-nfl-tickets/

quote:

Embarrassed to own NFL tickets

I may walk from the NFL if I see one more stupid rear end protest at a football game. Must be awful to be oppressed as a black NFL player. It’s 90 percent a black player sport and they make millions to play a kid’s game.

I think people have selective memory as Obama was elected by a majority of a country and led everyone as President for 8 years, the max of any modern day President. How you make a claim you are truly oppressed as a Black man when as a minority in race you just had a President in your race elected twice. Just absolutely selective memory and frankly disengenuous.

I am so tired of the protests and grandstanding. STFU and play ball. You know what never mind. I am so over this crap. I cannot even watch MNF and not see this fake rear end crap with owners who could give a drat about this unless it makes them money.

Unity in idiocy.

It's 25 pages long, by far the longest thread on the forums. To be fair there are some pretty solid responses to it.

• Locked thread