Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

My wife is looking for ways to improve her Pyromancer's damage (She's the group's striker and the Hexblade is the group's controller).

She's level 7, and everyone got an expertise feat for free at level 1. Inherent Bonuses are on.

Race: Cindersoul Genasi

Current feats
MC Swordmage for light blade implements
Incendiary Dagger proficiency
Implement Focus Dagger
Implement Expertise Light Blade

Class Choices
Pyromancy Apprentice
Evocation Apprentice
Pyromancy Expert
Evocation Expert
Pyromancy Master

Magic Items
Flaming Incendiary Dagger
Khyber Shard of the Fiery Depth (Paragon Tier)
Burning Gauntlets

Any advice for anything else to do to further improve her damage? Feats, magic items, paragon path?

Edit: Race added

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Thank you guys for being way cooler than the CharOP forums on WotC. I'm not sure why I even bothered posting in that hellhole.

:) : Say guys, how do I help my wife put out better fire damage?

:reject: : Your wife has low system mastery if she's trying to do fire! Fire can't be optimized at all and is infinitely inferior to thunder or lightning. Also she needs to be a tiefling.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

This isn't so much an optimization question as a "turn this concept into a functional striker" query.

I'm trying to build a level 2 character that is essentially a native american night-fighter.
So far I'm thinking an Executioner hybrid Barbarian (tempest) multiclass Monk (stone fist) with the Iron Wolf theme, dual-wielding kukris that have been refluffed as tomahawks. (the group is using a weapon patch for Assassins, which bumps up the damage dice of smaller weapons so Assassins have a reason to use things like daggers instead of giant warhammers).

I like the idea of the drow executioner|barb/monk:iron wolf, but I'm not totally fixated on it just yet. Rogue is out at the moment, mainly because everyone in the current group is sick to death of Rogues.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

The Dark Sun group I DM for is nearing Paragon tier and the party's Pyromancer Elemental Priest is thinking Smoking Crown Initiate for her PP.
The party's Gloomblade has gotten really pronehappy with the advent of Flail Expertise, so that would stack really well with the Lvl 12 Utility, and the damage from the powers isn't bad.
What do you guys think?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

My wife is gonna be playing a Tiefling Vampire refluffed as a half-succubus in an upcoming campaign, using a blazing arc ki focus to turn her melee attacks into fun hellfire attacks. She's got Hellfire Blood and Infernal Prince to boost her fire output, but is there any way to boost the power of her charm powers? The DM is allowing a homebrew feat by KDM that essentially fixes the Vamp's damage output at Paragon and epic, grants +3 damage at P and +6 at E.

• Locked thread