Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i was kinda hoping that those playing along at home would notice that the messed-up corpse is not that of a Nurgle guy, via the expedient of me having the party psyker discovering and stating "this doesn't smell of Nurgle", but w/e

I thought there were other terrible warp and chaos things that could cause Bad Stuff beyond just Nurgle... :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Scribbleykins posted:

Scrunt Forbidden Lore: Paying Attention. :v:

Sorry, don't have it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

There was this one site that allowed you to record your dice rolls, so that you could show them to other players in PbP and demonstrate that you are not, in fact, cheating, but I have forgotten its name. Can anyone remind me?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Orokos is the most popular one around here.

Its default functionality covers a big range of mechanics, from D&D to L5R to Shadowrun to FATE, plus supporting several games with custom dice (Fantasy Flight's Star Wars and Warhammer Fantasy, Double Cross, King of Tokyo, etc). They also have integrated character D&D 4E sheets that work with the character builder files, either version.

There's also Invisible Castle, but frankly it's not as good.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

That's the one, I recognize that green interface. Thank you!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

paradoxGentleman posted:

That's the one, I recognize that green interface. Thank you!

I freakin love orokos.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Orokos is an amazing troll.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Early in the Princes of the Apocalypse pbp I swear off Orokos and immediately afterward it spits out 4 natural ones for other people in the party. Orokos is a harsh mistress.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I too just had a terrible spate of virtual dice luck in a 4E PbP thanks to Orokos where out of six successive attack rolls, only one rolled higher than a 3.

I'm always quietly surprised that Invisible Castle is still around. I used it for years but it also hasn't been updated in years and it seems like it's down just about every other week. I think the number of times Orokos has gone down for me I can count on one hand. Plus if you want to play things like FFG's Star Wars it's pretty much the only game in town.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

zachol posted:

Orokos is an amazing troll.

I'll slaughter the guy who made it for the fact I rolled thrice the number of natty ones than twenties on the 4e games I'm in.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Orokos is cool + good

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Captain Foo posted:

Orokos is cool + good

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The guy who runs Orokos is a really nice, fun guy. I used to hang out with him on the Penny Arcade forums.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
I'm thinking about running a Warbirds game. Never played or ran one before but I'm curious about how it plays after snagging it during a sale.

For those that have it, what's your opinion on how pbp friendly the system is?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I appreciate Down Jacket Fetish's endless supply of mood music appropriate to whatever is happening at the moment in the slam sector.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Klaus88 posted:

I appreciate Down Jacket Fetish's endless supply of mood music appropriate to whatever is happening at the moment in the slam sector.

I appreciate that I get to engage the enemy in noble melee when next turn rolls around.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Not sure if it still counts as "ongoing", but Doc Idle's fallout game finally died today (due mostly to old age). That dude ran it like a champ, and I was happy to play. For anyone looking to read it, I'd stop when we blow out of Neo Nash. It's the real ending, and everything else was just icing.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

DeathSandwich posted:

I appreciate that I get to engage the enemy in noble melee when next turn rolls around.

Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword! :arghfist::black101:

-

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Klaus88 posted:

Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword treads! :arghfist::black101:

-

ftfy

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
:laffo: wrong thread

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 30, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

A payday themed black crusade game? :suspense:

Wonder if it will be local PDF or arbites providing the :zerg: when they inevitability get discovered and have to shoot their way out.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I thought I'd caught up on the Dark Heresy CYOA thread. I was on page -63 of -63. So why was the awful app showing another page?

One hundred pages. I'm one hundred pages behind.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I want to call out "Talking Cat Burglar Halfling" as my favorite rejected character of the year. I loved it and would GM it in a heartbeat.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 14, 2015

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
There really aren't enough good riffs on Puss in Boots in this world, but that's definitely among them.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Golden Bee posted:

I want to call out "Talking Cat Burglar Hafling" as my favorite rejected character of the year. I loved it and would GM it in a heartbeat.

I made a drunken master orc and I have to admit even that cool of a concept, I loved this character more.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

I want to call out "Talking Cat Burglar Treasure Hunter Hafling" as my favorite rejected character of the year. I loved it and would GM it in a heartbeat.

ftfy :smuggo:

And thanks a bunch, I really enjoyed writing that app.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
nvm

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

peanut_gallery.txt

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Sion posted:

peanut_gallery.txt
I had someone play as a custom class I was working on and was thinking about asking for feedback from the group but it's kind of early. Mostly it was a humblebrag. At this point I'd get more out of people listing Han Solo/Robin Hood things.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 9, 2015

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Big thanks to Comrade Gorbash for running his Nausicca AW game. I had a great time being a painful and insistent reminder of the past.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I wish i had more opportunity to pay an undead guy in games.

Not like a vampire but one of the mook races, like a zombie, or a skeleton, or a ghost.

End vitalism now, undead not unperson.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

You know what I'd like to try out? A full party composed only of traditional evil races. Humans, elves and dwarves either don't believe, don't notice or don't care that a Great Evil is awakening, and so it falls to a gnoll hunter, an orc shaman, a goblin that somehow got its hands on a lute and a kobold warlock to save the day.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

paradoxGentleman posted:

You know what I'd like to try out? A full party composed only of traditional evil races. Humans, elves and dwarves either don't believe, don't notice or don't care that a Great Evil is awakening, and so it falls to a gnoll hunter, an orc shaman, a goblin that somehow got its hands on a lute and a kobold warlock to save the day.

What system and where's the recruitment thread?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Green Intern posted:

Big thanks to Comrade Gorbash for running his Nausicca AW game. I had a great time being a painful and insistent reminder of the past.

I never got to reveal my character's gender...

Tema was male and I was going to have his picture after the reveal be BISHONEN AS gently caress. The bishiest thing that I could find.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Kurieg posted:

Seconded

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Thirded, and that means someone has to do it now, right?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Mr. Fowl posted:

I never got to reveal my character's gender...

Tema was male and I was going to have his picture after the reveal be BISHONEN AS gently caress. The bishiest thing that I could find.

I'm laughing anyway at the mental image.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Green Intern posted:

I'm laughing anyway at the mental image.

He takes off his helmet and SPARKLES spill out of his flowing hair!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Roll +Beauty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Kurieg posted:

I feel it is appropriate to use D&D, since having the heroes be members of interchangeable mook races is a sort of poetic justice.