Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
This is a thread where you commentate on any ongoing games, from gameplay commentary to stunning plot revelations or whatever.

Please however:

1) Clearly indicate the title of the thread you're talking about.

2) Keep it largely good-spirited. No outright flaming please.

3) Direct any overly extended gameplay-mechanics discussions back to relevant threads in Traditional Games when they have moved too far from the original starting point.

:thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.
I would assume there's no talking about Mafia game in progress, correct?

Also, I've told him this in PM's but I wanted to mention that DocBubonic is doing a great job of creating atmosphere and tension in his Time of Death game. Good Job!

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Yeah, Mafia games in-progress usually frown upon being talked about, since it could give away vital game information.

I'd also like to say thanks to Macho Man Randy Savage for the effort and time he's putting into setting up rules-supplement threads and just taking care of TG in general

:thumbsup:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Yes, probably. Unless you want to meta-talk about it in terms of the gameplay without being specific, then I guess it'd be okay.

Not sure how you'd do that though.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Zorak posted:

Yes, probably. Unless you want to meta-talk about it in terms of the gameplay without being specific, then I guess it'd be okay.

Not sure how you'd do that though.

You could just give props to a particularly cleverly played or interesting game, like "hey this one has some neat rules and the people are really into it and there have been CLEVER PLOYS and whatnot".

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Also, I've told him this in PM's but I wanted to mention that DocBubonic is doing a great job of creating atmosphere and tension in his Time of Death game. Good Job!

The same would go for BSG games, I imagine.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Winson_Paine posted:

You could just give props to a particularly cleverly played or interesting game, like "hey this one has some neat rules and the people are really into it and there have been CLEVER PLOYS and whatnot".

Yeah that'd be certainly fine so long as you're not too specific or whatever given how those games are.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
As far as Mafia games go, Join The Youth Group! had some pretty awesome fluff, including a :stare: twist that I would have never seen coming.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
I am so incredibly :munch: at the Welcome to City 17 game, I just wish they'd post more because I find it fascinating.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

MelvinTheJerk posted:

Second that. That thread has gotten me checking this forum regularly. Kudos to him and to the players.

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010
I've been thinking of starting a Maptools/IRC/Skype D&D 4e campaign somewhere in the future. Would it be OK to have the Recruitment and the Ongoing Campaign threads here or is the forum exclusively for Play by Post?

Thelonious Funk
Jan 6, 2009

Twisted Fate ain't got shit on me.

Markovnikov posted:

I've been thinking of starting a Maptools/IRC/Skype D&D 4e campaign somewhere in the future. Would it be OK to have the Recruitment and the Ongoing Campaign threads here or is the forum exclusively for Play by Post?

I think threads like that are in TG itself, as this is exclusive PbP threads.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
There's that recruitment announcement thread over there, but recruiting threads definitely should be going here as far as I know.

Thelonious Funk
Jan 6, 2009

Twisted Fate ain't got shit on me.

Notgothic posted:

There's that recruitment announcement thread over there, but recruiting threads definitely should be going here as far as I know.

Yeah but if he's doing maptools I think it goes in TG instead of PbP, at least I remember seeing one there before. I could be wrong

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Jesus, no one is going to report you if you post a MapTools recruitment thread in here. If you're that worried about it just PM or email Zorak for clarification.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
Maybe I've missed them, but it seemed like there were a lot of Dresden Files recruitments there for a while, but no games have survived. Why is that? They seem like really cool setups.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Twobirds posted:

Maybe I've missed them, but it seemed like there were a lot of [play by post] recruitments there for a while, but no games have survived. Why is that? They seem like really cool setups.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
So how's that mage game/harry potter going, AB?

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Fleet of foot, and all that!
To be fair, Sion...

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Yoshimo posted:

To be fair, Sion...

Aye, glass houses and all that.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Android Blues posted:

That's not really helpful, but yeah, okay.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

It was a roundabout answer to your question - the overwhelming majority of Play by Post games either die on their arse after a few pages. The best way to fix this of course is by running a game and then not flaking on it. You should totally do this, as Dresden Files sounds awesome.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Pretty much! I did not mean to be adversarial, I just think that's the probable answer rather than anything implicit about the Dresden Files.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Welcome to City 17 is really well done, although it's sputtering at the moment.

I'm also really enjoying The Midwestern Marauders which happens to be what kept me coming back to TradGames. Everything is really well done and even though I know jack poo poo about the game I'm really enjoying each character's play & the GM's playing tough but fair; I don't feel like the players are getting hosed over with difficulty but they certainly aren't being handed victories either.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

oldskool posted:

Midwestern Marauders

You should make a character for it then! Mordiceous is currently rerecuiting here and he goes through how to create a character (which is super easy anyway).

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Arcanum - PDQ game

I'd just like to say in regards to the very last turn we all just had that I hope to God that the door is not locked.

If anyone wants to see a bunch of cops bust into a house, well, now is the time friends.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

JDanielS posted:

I'd just like to say in regards to the very last turn we all just had that I hope to God that the door is not locked.

Haha, I know, right? I didn't notice the suggestion that we might have to break it down until after I'd posted, and at that point was like "welp, at least it's the complete newbie looking dumb and not someone else." We're in, though!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Arcanum game is silent - did something happen while I was away?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

My Mutants and Masterminds game just kicked up a notch with some rather spectacular play by Winson_Paine. Turns out sending untrained teenagers to deal with a hostage situation might not have been the best idea as the teams super-strong flier just threw the teams speedster/brick ('Hulk Girl') through a wall.

Tl;dr? Click here.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

They're just continuing the long and proud tradition of all teams of young mutants the X-Men field: getting in way over their heads and almost getting themselves and a whole bunch of other people killed. Last two teams got sent to Hell on two non-consecutive occasions!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

You replace 'Hell' with 'Negative Zone' and you're halfway there :haw:

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'm having a lot of fun reading Winson's SR game so far.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What's the etiquette on bumping threads to check for signs of life? I'm anxious to know if SirPhoebos's Wrestling Game is still a go.

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

Bump it a few times, if not it's in the 99% of TG games that never go anywhere.

Saucer of milk, table for two, meow!

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I have a question that I'm hoping someone could help me answer. What is the longest running active (as in not in the archives) game running in TG? I think it might be Renvin (Steampunk) which started Dec 12, 2006. I took a look through TG and couldn't find any other games that have gone on longer. Is there?

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.

DocBubonic posted:

I have a question that I'm hoping someone could help me answer. What is the longest running active (as in not in the archives) game running in TG? I think it might be Renvin (Steampunk) which started Dec 12, 2006. I took a look through TG and couldn't find any other games that have gone on longer. Is there?

You have an odd definition of "running."

Yoshimo
Oct 5, 2003

And indeed "game."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

My M&M3 Teen Mutant Supers X-Men SHIELD Agents Marvel Comics Nerd Fest is great. It's really fun to write for and I'm enjoying it hugely. It's got everything that you'd possibly want from a teen supers game!

Action - One of the PC's the size of the Hulk got thrown through a building!
Drama - The guy that did the throwing got drama'd out over it!
Excitement - Helicopter crashes!
Drama - Teenagers in a Lower East Side Manhattan warzone!
Bromance - Doug met Spider-man!

We're just starting to move into a sort of training sequence at the moment so it's a pretty good place to start reading if you're interested. It's fast moving and everyone is contributing really, really well but special shout-outs has to go to Bahamut for making the awesome nameplates for the characters including...

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

DocBubonic posted:

The September Procession was started September 4, 2008. It's still running. Started with 7 players, 2 of which remain, the rest replaced by new blood.

Not sure if it's THE longest running, but it's pretty old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Clanpot Shake posted:

The September Procession was started September 4, 2008. It's still running. Started with 7 players, 2 of which remain, the rest replaced by new blood.

Not sure if it's THE longest running, but it's pretty old.

Nice to see games able to make it over a year. Its also interesting to hear that there was a big change in the character line up. Blackbird Dreaming started in 2007 and has replaced the entire original group of players.