Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

We pretty much all learned FATE from scratch while playing. It's a really fun system. And my first time GM'ing anything. (Or actually... well playing anything either.)

Glad you like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wzzard
Nov 11, 2012

Boy, you sure say "damn" a lot.

Hell yeah.
I just wanted to say that Ettin's Adventures in Science Eclipse Phase game inspired me to read all of the Eclipse Phase Core Rules, which is something I couldn't bring myself to do before. It's an awesome setting, though the actual mechanics and the "secret GM info" section are a bit too 90's for me.

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
I know we don't talk about Mafia-in-Progress but I am loving the poo poo of of Winvirus's Don't Push The Button.

That is all.

:munch:

InfiniteJesters
Jan 26, 2012

Gravity Pike posted:

I know we don't talk about Mafia-in-Progress but I am loving the poo poo of of Winvirus's Don't Push The Button.

That is all.

I'm just waiting for everyone, town and scum alike, to commit hilarious button-based suicide. :allears:

EDIT: I loving CALLED IT.

InfiniteJesters fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 26, 2012

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
KSAF Staff Report's Only War game has been pleasure to read so far. I managed to start lurking on day 1 and have been a fan ever since. The bonus MASH reference by the new guardswomen was nise too.

Captain_Indigo's Hunter game, Night Shift has also been fun as hell to read. The players seem to be getting into the spirit of the game and, having never played Hunter myself, it's interesting to see the World of Darkness through a mortal's eyes.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Gravity Pike posted:

That is all.

I'm totally putting the loving Button in my next RL Mafia game.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I just read that Button thread, and I tend to dislike mafia, but that was amazing.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Its a shame the scumteam got mod prodded into posting. It would have been glorious if they had won by doing literally nothing the whole game.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Leovinus posted:

I'm totally putting the loving Button in my next RL Mafia game.

Trip report: People loving loved that poo poo.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
We all know Ms Frost's is awesome, but this is the best thing I have ever read in trad games:

Mr. Fowl posted:

Tara

Tara shrugs. "Just as well. The antidote was more spider venom."

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I know, I know, no discussion of Mafia-in-Progress, but as a total newbie to Mafia as a game, I'm loving the Marvel CYOR Mafia that's currently going on and wouldn't mind seeing another like it in the future (hopefully so I could join.)

EDIT: Dumb question since I didn't see this anywhere, but if I want to join a Mafia game but I don't have PMs, what would I do? Am I just screwed until I buy plat?

Tempus Rimeblood fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 13, 2013

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

I know, I know, no discussion of Mafia-in-Progress, but as a total newbie to Mafia as a game, I'm loving the Marvel CYOR Mafia that's currently going on and wouldn't mind seeing another like it in the future (hopefully so I could join.)

EDIT: Dumb question since I didn't see this anywhere, but if I want to join a Mafia game but I don't have PMs, what would I do? Am I just screwed until I buy plat?

Some hosts allow e-mails, but really, you should buy plat.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
As a general question, where do people get their pictures for characters and world-building stuff? I historically used sup/tg/'s image database but that went down a while ago and I haven't had the best luck on deviantart or google images or whatever.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I draw all of mine, which probably isn't that helpful. If I needed something else I guess I'd try tumblr or the Hot Modrons thread here.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

As a general question, where do people get their pictures for characters and world-building stuff? I historically used sup/tg/'s image database but that went down a while ago and I haven't had the best luck on deviantart or google images or whatever.

A lot of those images ended up in grognard booru.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
I browse /tg/ and save the stuff from character art threads. Other threads often have neat pictures as well. Plus this torrent I got a while back (the person who put it together seemed to get a lot from DeviantArt). I think at this point I have several thousand pics, though a lot of it isn't really suitable, and shifting through it is pretty tedious.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

GURPS tip #1: Don't bring a character with Squeamish and Necrophobia to the zombie apocalypse.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BattleMaster posted:

GURPS tip #1: Don't bring a character with Squeamish and Necrophobia to the zombie apocalypse.

GURPS tip #2: Don't bring a character with Xenophilia and Lecherousness, either.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Captain Foo posted:

GURPS tip #2: Don't bring a character with Xenophilia and Lecherousness, either.

Oh god that's not really a vision I needed.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

GURPS Tip #3: Don't yammer on in IRC about how you're going to post an then never do.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Platonicsolid posted:

GURPS Tip #3: Don't yammer on in IRC about how you're going to post an then never do.

oh SNAP

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I generally get images from a folder that I've collected over the last few years. I add pictures when I find them, generally in /tg/ char-art threads or in the Hot Modrons thread here on SA. Huh, it's been a long time since I went on /tg/...

Man being unemployed and being involved in PbPs is a big mistake I'm either wallowing in cabin fever and forget to post or I'm constantly f5ing to see if anybody's posting...

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Oldskool's Diplomacy thread inspired me to GM a PBEM game of my own between 7 of my friends. None of us has ever played before, so I took some time and went through some rulebooks and posted stuff to a wordpress I made for the game.

Here's the link

It may be interesting to anyone interested in learning the game, especially if you're more of a visual learner. If you're a vet, I wouldn't be offended by proofreading...

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Oldskool's Diplomacy thread inspired me to GM a PBEM game of my own between 7 of my friends. None of us has ever played before, so I took some time and went through some rulebooks and posted stuff to a wordpress I made for the game.

Here's the link

It may be interesting to anyone interested in learning the game, especially if you're more of a visual learner. If you're a vet, I wouldn't be offended by proofreading...

Impassable Provinces links to The Orders, and The Units links to The Turn. Also you made the same mistake I did when I described the game in omitting the Summer retreat turn.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Fixed, thanks oldskool.

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
The war of the gods CYOR mafia game: this is some game of thrones esque plot twists going on here, with what I can only describe as Gods with daggers behind their backs. I cannot wait till all roles are revealed.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Barely a page in and I've already split the party...

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Happy 2000 posts, Lost Highway :toot:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just about to start up a game all about bullshit drama, hope you folks have fun :munch:ing it up.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I've got no idea what the hell's going on this League M, I'm not really sure anyone does, but it's great fun.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Harold Krell is the best Mafia player on here.

Harold Krell 2016.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Today is the two year anniversary of The Midwestern Marauders. Huzzah!

Pokeylope
Nov 12, 2010
Congrats! :toot:

I've been following your thread from the start, it's one of my favorites.
I can't believe it's been two years. You're doing a great job. You really embrace the crazy setting and you've got a knack for building interesting encounters. I really loved some of the old characters but the new ones are quickly growing on me.

Here's hoping Enik gets what's coming to him before anyone else meats their maker :P

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Pokeylope posted:

Here's hoping Enik gets what's coming to him before anyone else meats their maker :P

Too soon.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Two hours in and 'The Rock' mafia is already absolutely hilarious. I've never seen a Day 1 so beautiful before...

rebelEpik
Jun 9, 2012
Is there any interest in a speed-mafia game? I'm thinking 9 total players, played out over the course of 24-48 hours. Any thoughts on that?

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

FoxTerrier posted:

Two hours in and 'The Rock' mafia is already absolutely hilarious. I've never seen a Day 1 so beautiful before...

I came to post the same thing. God as my witness, I want to be a part of every Harold Krell game.

Vylan Antagonist
Jun 5, 2005

Much less clever than he looks
Tortured By Flan

JoeRules posted:

I came to post the same thing. God as my witness, I want to be a part of every Harold Krell game.

Then you will be elated to know that there are still two sign up slots available in Barehanded Brother's confederate mafia game alongside Howard Krell himself [sic].

Vylan Antagonist fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 2, 2013

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

rebelEpik posted:

Is there any interest in a speed-mafia game? I'm thinking 9 total players, played out over the course of 24-48 hours. Any thoughts on that?

Are you talking play-by-post or IRC? I don't really know how the IRC games work out, but that sounds more like what you're looking for.

Either way it sounds kinda neat, and work schedule permitting, I'd be down to give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsooth
Nov 11, 2009

Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
I have been getting a pretty good laugh out of the [Street Fighter] Training Montage game. The party is a good mix of characters, each suitably over-the-top for the setting. Definitely worth following along.