Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

Horned Rat-Sempai Noticed Me!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

well apparently this is not so much the peanut gallery as it is a place to pimp your own threads so anything with my name against it is pretty great

Is asking "I have a cool idea for a Pbp, would goons here be interested?" okay, or is that get a ban like the LP sandcastle thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

Dog Kisser posted:

I've personally never seen anyone banned and I'm interested to see your idea, so you could go ahead and post here... or you could just post the thread and see what happens!

My idea is Rogue Trader meets Maid. An accident/assassination has resulted in a shy, inconspicuous teenage noble being thrust into the political spotlight as head of a powerful Rogue Trader Dynasty. His family's many enemies aren't going to make things easy for the young Lord-Captain, and his presumed allies are probably worse. Only the Dynasty's personal staff - who may or may not be embroiled in heresy and xenos-collusion - can guard the neophyte Rogue Trader long enough to achieve the greatness his ancestry demands. "In the Grim Darkness of the far future, there is only fan-service".

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a straight Maid game with just more blatant IP collision than usual.

One thing I would do is do a find-and-replace to switch any mention of "lolita" to "scrunt"

EDIT: another thing I would do is incorporate the random tables from RT into the game. For example every time you have a Stress Explosion you roll on either one of the crit tables or Psychic Disturbance table, and the result is incorporated into your character. This never kills you, even if the result blows your head off and/or sucks you into the Warp. When you have your next Stress Explosion, you have the option to retire all your previous results, although if you are really keen on roleplaying a pile of bloody ground beef you are free to do so.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at Dec 22, 2016 around 16:10

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

Following the Paranoia: High Programmer game atm.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

SirFozzie posted:

Commendation Point for you citizen! What was your clearance again?

It's currently tied to what day of the week it is. HDP&MC tells me they're trying to fix it, when my clearance allows them to. I'm sure they are doing as fine a job as possible. Still, the repeated brain scrubbings and un-scrubbings are make tyyp no gud sometime.