Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I don't know how acceptable it is to post a plug for my own game, but I'm looking for commentary and perhaps seeing if anyone wants to fill some roles in the game. I'm looking to take on up to two additional characters, a replacement for a player who vanished early game and anyone else who might be interested. Here is the [PDQ] Resident Evil: Escape from Raccoon City - OOC/Recruitment Thread and the Game thread. Just post in the OOC thread if you have suggestions, comments or are interested in joining in.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

oldskool posted:

Just started reading Fallout: Tennessee today and binged through the whole thread. Some growing pains with the system early but some really nice story advancement!

I can't speak for all the players involved, but I really appreciate you reading through our game and hope you've found it enjoyable! I was all glowing this morning when I saw your post.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

RickVoid posted:

I'm only on page 1 of this, but if by the end it doesn't turn out that Therax is the Wanderer he's looking for, and that his quest is going to end up being a journey of self-discovery I'm going to be disappointed in you all. :3:

'Join us for a touching, coming of age story, where a young Deathclaw, finds himself in a heartfelt journey of self-exploration and gory dismemberment through the Tennessean Wastes. Coming to holotape and terminal text soon!'

That sanity check is probably a portent of things to come.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Haha, yeah... I try to do some research, but even then I know next to nothing about guns. I will say the silencer is for the colt 10mm though. Hopefully, it's 'quieter' lol. Are there real world silencers that actually silence a gun shot? I thought they just muffled the sound and still made a pretty loud noise, not like the movie or TV 'pffts' you hear.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
You all know leaps and bounds more about guns than I do haha

Hopefully I won't ruin the immersion by using Hollywood style silencers over real world silencers. Besides Heavy Pete is an expert, if he says that gun is silent, it'll be silent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

RickVoid posted:

Been watching the Fallout Blood Opry thread for a good long while now. It's really good, and I've enjoyed the hell out of it.

Doc Idle, if you see this, I know the group is looking to get the hell out of Nashville, and with a change in setting I was wondering if the OOC thread was still open for apps? I've got a couple of character ideas and I'd love to get in on it. I just didn't want to drop an unwanted app in the OOC thread without checking first.

Come and talk to the players in the OOC, see how everyone feels about it. I'm not against the idea :)