Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bikindok
May 3, 2012
I've been reading through The Prometheus Cycle thread, and just reached the part where the thread got overconfident, walked into a fusion bomb and got literally every character our PC cared about killed and currently appears to be playing a broken husk of a person. . It's not that it's necessarily bad writing, but I'm honestly just not up for that level of negativity/depression. The thread getting understandably salty isn't helping either. Can anyone who's kept reading indicate whether this new tone is a permanent shift? I was really enjoying the thread, but I think I might have to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bikindok
May 3, 2012

Birthday Oral posted:

The tone certainly doesn't stay that dour forever, but the event is definitely foundational for stuff that comes afterwards. But yes, there is hope and laughter on the horizon, after a period of understandable sadness!
Thanks for the advice. Pressed on until Amacita's execution before I had to stop. The author does a great job, but the direction votes take in that thread just sucks the fun right out of it for me. I'll have to look for something lighter.

Bikindok fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 2, 2016