Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

TheNabster posted:

Shame the WWWRPG game petered out before it went anywhere.

I actually was somewhat tempted to run it myself, but I am unsure if it can what I want it to do.

Would it work if I applied it to a fantasy-ish setting?

For the past few days, I've been torn whether to attempt a World Wide Wrestling game, a Monster Hearts game (yes, ANOTHER Monster Hearts game), or a Night Witches game (cause if the mortality rate is as brutal as it is in face to face play, then a que can be held for players wanting to step in).

I'm leaning towards doing Night Witches, but World Wide Wrestling wouldn't be too bad either. Maybe I'll do both, who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

TheNabster posted:

World War 2 Era Female Only Wrestling?

That sound so absurd. I should run the idea based on that alone.

Zurui posted:

Mother of God run Night Witches, this book is burning a hole in my shelf.

You and me both (though in my case, it's burning a hole in my Kindle).

Another problem, though, is how many people actually have the game? I've seen evidence that some people has WWW (plus the beta rules are still free and more than adequate enough to keep up). Monsterhearts... yeah, not going to insult you peeps intelligence by asking who has it (though, technically, I just did, so consider yourselves insulted)..

But Night Witches is both new AND niche. Not many people are going to buy it outside those who like World games... and even most of them were unaware that this game was released.

ArbitraryTA posted:

No do another Monsterhearts game.

This would be the easy answer, wouldn't it? I guess I could, provided no one is tired of Monsterheart games.

Sigh. Three awesome games and one me. I hate hard choices.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
You know, thinking of all these ideas, I think I'll settle for running a MH game centered on an all girl academy setting, ages 15-17. The school is prestigious, established back during WW2 and it's graduates often move on to greater, better futures.

Once I solidify the setting a bit more, recruitment will be incoming.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013

Platonicsolid posted:

Dang. Much as I love Monsterhearta, I'd be all over Nightwitches.

...I can't win, can I? >_>;

Well, I could still change my mind. Maybe. We'll see.

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714739

Decided to do Night Witches. I shall go down in history as being the first person to run NW, as opposed to the hundredth who ran MH,

Trailblazing for the win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thejoshie
May 3, 2013
I'm thinking about running a Warbirds game. Never played or ran one before but I'm curious about how it plays after snagging it during a sale.

For those that have it, what's your opinion on how pbp friendly the system is?