Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

I have a question that I'm hoping someone could help me answer. What is the longest running active (as in not in the archives) game running in TG? I think it might be Renvin (Steampunk) which started Dec 12, 2006. I took a look through TG and couldn't find any other games that have gone on longer. Is there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Clanpot Shake posted:

The September Procession was started September 4, 2008. It's still running. Started with 7 players, 2 of which remain, the rest replaced by new blood.

Not sure if it's THE longest running, but it's pretty old.

Nice to see games able to make it over a year. Its also interesting to hear that there was a big change in the character line up. Blackbird Dreaming started in 2007 and has replaced the entire original group of players.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Lost Highway is not yet a month old, but it has gone over a thousand posts so far. Congrats on making the thread successful group!

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

foxxtrot posted:

Oh man, that would make a fantastic GURPS Infinite Worlds campaign.

This sounds like a great idea for my IW game. Have them loot dead games.

I've already grabbed a former PC of mine from a dead game to be an NPC in my game, why not loot dead games further.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Arivia posted:

tip 1: do not adopt aboriginal words and concepts like manitou for anime spirits

tip 2: just make a thread

Yes, the term manitou should only be used for evil spirits in steampunk horror western settings.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Sion posted:

Oh my god I'm so sad this fell into archives.

Do you think I'd let it fall into the archives? Hammer of Loki disappeared. I was the last player left in the thread. I'd keep posting in the thread except that a certain mod closed the thread because he decided it needed to end.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

MrThingyman posted:

Hey, so I was trying to find a "general mafia" thread or "mafia discussion" thread, but had no luck.

Can someone help me out? I just need to alert merk to the fact that he's received a PM on 2+2. Any help would be much appreciated.

I think this is what you want.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Gus Hobbleton posted:

A few weeks, but yeah.

Probably been a month in game, but a lot happened in that month. Both while the characters were awake and when they were dreaming.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Captain Bravo posted:

They're using a warhammer system, which is a roll-under d100.

If you roll higher than your skill in something, you fail.
If you roll a 00, then you critical fail
If you critical fail when dealing with chaos magics and warp-twisted poo poo, nine times out of ten bad poo poo happens

You mean like game ending TPK type poo poo?

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

critical failure is not actually a thing in 40k systems, i don't know why everyone thinks it is. i'm also not a big fan of the "haha you rolled badly once now everyone dies!!" school of play; instead, the flubbed roll has wasted most of a combat drug they were going to study afterwards, and has resulted in an enraged combat-drug-ridden scrunt losing his mind and getting into his Sentinel

i was kinda hoping that those playing along at home would notice that the messed-up corpse is not that of a Nurgle guy, via the expedient of me having the party psyker discovering and stating "this doesn't smell of Nurgle", but w/e

My one experience playing a 40K game had a psyker get a critical fail or something. The psyker let loose a hurricane of pure destruction which killed us all. So yeah, I hear about critical fails in 40k, I expect very bad things to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Mister Bates posted:

Is there some sort of bug with the post dates or has Blackbird Dreaming really been going on continuously for a decade?

I didn't realize it was getting to or at the decade mark. Wow. In game its been like two or three months.