Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I, too, am tempted to run a PBP game but have never done one before - I'd suggest bringing "I want to play by post, for the first time" back to the first page, and also having a look at the advice following this post in the GM Advice thread. Those were the two threads I was going to ask questions in when I got around to it, but if you ask questions as well then I won't wear out my keyboard as much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

critical failure is not actually a thing in 40k systems, i don't know why everyone thinks it is. i'm also not a big fan of the "haha you rolled badly once now everyone dies!!" school of play; instead, the flubbed roll has wasted most of a combat drug they were going to study afterwards, and has resulted in an enraged combat-drug-ridden scrunt losing his mind and getting into his Sentinel

i was kinda hoping that those playing along at home would notice that the messed-up corpse is not that of a Nurgle guy, via the expedient of me having the party psyker discovering and stating "this doesn't smell of Nurgle", but w/e

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

well apparently this is not so much the peanut gallery as it is a place to pimp your own threads so anything with my name against it is pretty great

do you have any particular settings or systems in mind? Rules heavy, story-heavy?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

My idea is Rogue Trader meets Maid

say no more