Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

So how's that mage game/harry potter going, AB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Yoshimo posted:

To be fair, Sion...

Aye, glass houses and all that.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

My Mutants and Masterminds game just kicked up a notch with some rather spectacular play by Winson_Paine. Turns out sending untrained teenagers to deal with a hostage situation might not have been the best idea as the teams super-strong flier just threw the teams speedster/brick ('Hulk Girl') through a wall.

Tl;dr? Click here.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

You replace 'Hell' with 'Negative Zone' and you're halfway there

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

My M&M3 Teen Mutant Supers X-Men SHIELD Agents Marvel Comics Nerd Fest is great. It's really fun to write for and I'm enjoying it hugely. It's got everything that you'd possibly want from a teen supers game!

Action - One of the PC's the size of the Hulk got thrown through a building!
Drama - The guy that did the throwing got drama'd out over it!
Excitement - Helicopter crashes!
Drama - Teenagers in a Lower East Side Manhattan warzone!
Bromance - Doug met Spider-man!

We're just starting to move into a sort of training sequence at the moment so it's a pretty good place to start reading if you're interested. It's fast moving and everyone is contributing really, really well but special shout-outs has to go to Bahamut for making the awesome nameplates for the characters including...

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Thank you! It's been a joy to run so far even if I do have trouble getting the pacing between balls-to-the-wall action and exposition-nonsense right at times. It's brilliant to know that there are people reading it and enjoying it and I would love to hear peoples guesses/ideas as to what's going on with Lilian and the scary voices in Adalicia's head.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

hathfallen posted:

I'd like to say how much I'm enjoying [V:tM 20th] The Dead of Liberty City, great DM, great players, it makes me wish for some unholy alliance between Rockstar and White Wolf to make this happen as an actual GTA game.

An they called me MAD!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"Edward looks at the mages. Mages are...well, at their best, they're deviationists and Utopians who lack a coherent platform to carry out their goals, and at their worst, they're an archaic vestige of aristocratic pre-capitalist feudalist dogma. They are, almost without exception, scum, who, come the revolution, will be lined up against the wall."

The players in my vampire game continue to rule.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

bunnielab posted:

Just caught up on the last 200 posts on "The Startup". Holy poo poo that game is amazing and if I won the lottery I would pay children overboard to do nothing but run games for me.

Children Overboard is pretty great. He plays a mean scion.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

well I guess I'll be the person that says it.

Holy poo poo, Blackbird Dreaming hit that number

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Error 404 posted:

Which number?

the 20,000 leagues under the sea post number

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

Hrmmmmmm what am I remembering then

Edit-- metroid?

Oh my god Metroid

Who was it that got bought a phazon Samus avatar with 'I want to lick her boobs' or something on it. I distinctly remember that being a thing that happened.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Sion posted:

Oh my god Metroid

Who was it that got bought a phazon Samus avatar with 'I want to lick her boobs' or something on it. I distinctly remember that being a thing that happened.

quote:

<sion> oobey
<sion> people in the peanut gallery thread were talkin about metroid
<sion> ~
<@oobey> cool
<sion> do you remember who it was that got the phazon boobs avatar
<@oobey> ConfusedUs
<sion> hah
<sion> neat

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Gus Hobbleton posted:

The guy who was introduced and then killed instantly was Sansuki I believe.

Why did that happen?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

God this is less greatest hits more greatest shits jesus that post

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

*blows up a camper van*
*causes a total party kill*

"Sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you."

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Android Blues posted:

Was I in that game? I think I was in that game. Was that Winson's Hunter: the Vigil game? I think it was. Wait, maybe there were two games that ended with a TPK caused by camper van explosion...

Yaeh it was a Hunter game.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Android Blues posted:

It was a Hunter game in which I played a thinly veiled Yvette Fielding pastiche called Yvonne Carling and it was a delight. No-one else would get that but you, sion. No-one else. . .

Hahaha, that's great.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Fuego Fish posted:

Let me tell you a tale of a game called Renvin...

Seriously, though, if your GM bailed but everyone else wants to continue, find a new one.

Oh my god I'm so sad this fell into archives.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

DocBubonic posted:

Do you think I'd let it fall into the archives? Hammer of Loki disappeared. I was the last player left in the thread. I'd keep posting in the thread except that a certain mod closed the thread because he decided it needed to end.

What kind of hitler would let something like that happen.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

thechosenone posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...40&pagenumber=1

From what I've seen, its pretty huge, with over 500 pages in total. I believe it was started in 2007

I remember a few years ago someone basically totted up the word count and it was somewherei n the region of like... 2.3 war and peace's.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Android Blues posted:

Blackbird Dreaming may actually be the longest continuous work of fiction in human history. I'm not sure, but, amazingly enough, it definitely is in the running.

I'm tempted to suggest something like the Avengers or the Odyssey but- yeah.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

peanut_gallery.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

Sure. Whats on your mind?