Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

I have multiple pieces of 2x6 scrap less than a foot long left over from some deck repair just sitting in the garage taking up space. My wife insists that we keep them. I have been slowly disposing of them by putting one out with the trash every other week. So far she hasn’t noticed. Because it’s scrap. That we won’t need. Or use. Ever.

You have doomed yourself to need a bunch of 2x6 scraps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I'm sure it's been mentioned a bunch.....but the phone commercial with the auto tune singing drives me nuts. I think it's for the iphone.....but I just mute the TV when it comes on......so I'm not positive.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Every iPhone commercial I've seen for the 15 (?) has been obnoxiously smug and annoying. I guess it's the way a lot of Apple fans always have been, but I legitimately didn't realize how self satisfied they were until fairly recently.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Sash! posted:

You have doomed yourself to need a bunch of 2x6 scraps

I refuse to be held hostage

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
speaking of every one of those AT&T Lily commercials feels like you're stepping into a conversation which you have no context for and can't really figure out. idk maybe i'm stupid. but it feels like every other line was removed from the script or something

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

JAMOOOL posted:

speaking of every one of those AT&T Lily commercials feels like you're stepping into a conversation which you have no context for and can't really figure out. idk maybe i'm stupid. but it feels like every other line was removed from the script or something

This but for the miralax ad that's just the girl from Broad City saying that she meets friends and lovers with miralax. It's devoid of other context and it's baffling.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
There's a commercial I've seen a few times on Pluot, don't know if it's also on "regular" TV that has Rachel Dratch for some kind of home warranty company. Nothing terrible or offensive about the content, but it looks like they used some really weird "skin smoothing" CGI effect on her and the other actor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TugvCbyrOfg
Only video of it I could fine, but the quality is pretty poor, like it was filmed n their phone pointed at the TV.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Speaking of Rachel Dratch, there's a Target commercial I've been seeing with a terrible SNL character reject whose one personality trait is 'loves working at Target'. Very annoying.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Speaking of Rachel Dratch, there's a Target commercial I've been seeing with a terrible SNL character reject whose one personality trait is 'loves working at Target'. Very annoying.

Is this the one with the Target cashier who says that she sometimes eats the barcode stickers?

Because I want to shoot my television every time I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

That was an actual recurring SNL character. :eng99:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9cYmqIbPKI