Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

IRQ posted:

Yeah and those little transit vans are everywhere. I probably wouldn't ever buy one, but it's kind of sad to see them discontinuing all their non-mustang cars.

Meh, I just don't fit in a Ford. I mean I hate mustangs, and all the Fords I've ever driven haven't felt right for whatever reason so it's no big loss for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It’s hardly a great car, but I like my little 2013 Ford Focus so it’s a bit sad for me.

That’s probably first car filters though.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Parachute posted:

it's insane how much less advertising ford puts out compared to chevy but i guess when you created the F150 it doesn't really matter; everyone just buys your truck

I swear I see Ford truck ads all the time, though it may just be that Denis Leary is that loving annoying.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hopeandjoy posted:

It’s hardly a great car, but I like my little 2013 Ford Focus so it’s a bit sad for me.

That’s probably first car filters though.

I almost cried when I gave up my lovely '98 Chevy Lumina due to first car filters, and I loving hate Chevys these days. The only good thing I will ever say about a Chevy is that they hold their ground in snow, and I never, ever spun that fucker out.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Polygynous posted:

I swear I see Ford truck ads all the time, though it may just be that Denis Leary is that loving annoying.

i definitely see those, but compared to RAM and Chevy I don't see them as much - not to mention they have made seemingly the same exact commercials for 20 years so they just kind of blend together imo. in Texas we get a lot of Tundra commercials, but a lot of that might be tied to Tundra's being (partially) manufactured/assembled in this state.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Yeah, I see those "I am toyota" adds a lot lately and I'm like "oh ok.... who's still assembling cars in Japan though?"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

IRQ posted:

Yeah, I see those "I am toyota" adds a lot lately and I'm like "oh ok.... who's still assembling cars in Japan though?"

Mazda, Subaru, and Mitsubishi.

Our CX-5 came from Hiroshima!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I've had two Chevy Cruzes now and both have been great :shrug:

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Sash! posted:

they made the planes that bombed pearl harbor!!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sash! posted:

It depends. The hatch Mazda3s are made in Mexico, my sedan was made in Japan though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Parachute posted:

I worked with someone who literally called Toyotas "tojo cars" a few years ago.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Global economy makes cars a mishmash.

The Honda Civic Type-R is only assembled in Great Britan and it uses engines assembled in Ohio.

The Ford Focus RS was made in Germany.

Most Subarus are made in Indiana.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

IRQ posted:

It depends. The hatch Mazda3s are made in Mexico, my sedan was made in Japan though.

Yeah, like the Outbacks are built in the US but the Forrester comes from Japan.

Parachute posted:

I remember the incredible awkward silence that hung in the air after hearing someone suggest a Mercedes to a Jewish friend.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

American cars are ugly as poo poo. The recent trend of huge body and tiny loving windows drives me crazy.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Get used to it. It is driven by rollover protection and now that you have all these sensors, it doesn't matter if the C pillar is the size of a whole person.

I can't see for poo poo out of any car in my whole extended family.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Beastie posted:

American cars are ugly as poo poo. The recent trend of huge body and tiny loving windows drives me crazy.

For some reason lately I have a hair up my rear end to get some car from the 70's. Sure they were ugly, but they had an ugly style.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Sash! posted:

Get used to it. It is driven by rollover protection and now that you have all these sensors, it doesn't matter if the C pillar is the size of a whole person.

Yeah once I really noticed and thought about it I figured it was a safety thing. The first cars that made me realize this were the Chrysler 300 and literally every Dodge.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

Sash! posted:

isn't it also side impact protection? smaller windows = more safe

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bigger pillars for rollover and higher belt line for side impacts

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Peanut President posted:

isn't it also side impact protection? smaller windows = more safe

Smaller windows makes for a more difficult extrication, though. I was in the back of a two-door rental car where there was no way you could smash the windows and I don’t even want to know how long it would take to cut that pillar.

E:i mean, also the idea of having less doors than rows of seats is just goddamn insane to me. gently caress two-doors.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
The movie Uncle Drew is determined to not pay one cent of its own on advertising by making God awful co-branded commercials.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

The movie Uncle Drew is determined to not pay one cent of its own on advertising by making God awful co-branded commercials.

Probably because it will make approximately one cent in the box office

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Y'all talking about Chevy made we think of Marhk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15iLHlJPp_0

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
That Apple commercial with that godawful “story of an artist” song is a scourge upon the earth, and I hate them for subjecting me to it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Don't think I've seen that one, but I've definitely seen the Surface one of the blogger who 'didn't have anyone who looked like me growing up' has quickly risen up in the list of things I don't need to see anymore. It runs so often it's unbearable.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

EL BROMANCE posted:

Don't think I've seen that one, but I've definitely seen the Surface one of the blogger who 'didn't have anyone who looked like me growing up' has quickly risen up in the list of things I don't need to see anymore. It runs so often it's unbearable.

Christ I hate those “I’m a ~.~BRAND~.~” internet folks. I found her blog once, and it was literally just posts about different colors. Ugh.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That Apple commercial with that godawful “story of an artist” song is a scourge upon the earth, and I hate them for subjecting me to it.

:same:

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Solkanar512 posted:

Christ I hate those “I’m a ~.~BRAND~.~” internet folks. I found her blog once, and it was literally just posts about different colors. Ugh.

Oh yeah, I don't know if I've ever seen that commercial on TV, but I saw it all the time watching NHL games through the NBC Sports app.

Sometimes it's about ~SPRINKLES~!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

vyst posted:

Probably because it will make approximately one cent in the box office

sadly it won't, because NBA Twitter will all go see it

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Thank you. I have a very low tolerance for ultra-lo-fi music with weird impish voices singing badly, and that song basically hits all the wrong targets.

I also strongly dislike the "ONE-TWO ONE-TWO!" soccer ad for Sprint and Apple, because that's a dumb song.

I also also find the Microsoft ad with the lady gushing about her fashion blog and OMG COLORS TEEHEE annoying.

e: this one, yeah:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Internet celebrities need to not be a thing anymore.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 30, 2018

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Matt Berry being sadly underused in some sort of mattress commercial.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
WASSUP is back

worst timeline confirmed

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Majorian posted:

Internet celebrities need to not be a thing anymore.

I forget which movie this commercial was for, I think the new Jurassic World, where all the review quotes were from Twitter handles. Jesus wept :negative:

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

McSpanky posted:

I forget which movie this commercial was for, I think the new Jurassic World, where all the review quotes were from Twitter handles. Jesus wept :negative:

It's all fun and games until @NARUTOSDICK winds up on a movie commercial.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

McSpanky posted:

The 201x years will be remembered for being the decade where it was decided we don’t care about what experts in their fields think anymore.

(Not that movie critics should be held on a pedestal, I just think I’d rather hear about what Mark Kermode thinks about a film than I do about some schmo with an anime avatar on twitter).

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

McSpanky posted:

Is this better or worse than when movie studios used to just invent fake reviewers?

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

Is this better or worse than when movie studios used to just invent fake reviewers?

For all we know those are twitter bots.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dr Pepper ad with the tiny talking horse got old real loving fast.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WampaLord posted:

aintitcoolnews.com is real I swear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
That was the dumbest scandal ever. They couldn't spend a couple hundred bucks on some movie websites that give a good review to everything?