Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Freddy Prinze Jr looks exactly like Jordan Peterson in this dishwashing ad that pretends to be about loving and it's loving me up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwK6bos6ehQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6xA3SoAZM

I know commercials like this are supposed to be "ironically" dumb, but what kind of a baby would require a flavor packet to drink water after wandering in the desert? People have their reasons for using flavoring for water, but this is just insultingly stupid.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Piell posted:

Freddy Prinze Jr looks exactly like Jordan Peterson in this dishwashing ad that pretends to be about loving and it's loving me up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwK6bos6ehQ

loving lmao. he really does

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Diffrin might want to put a pause on their "young woman with excuses as to why she won't go out with her friends" commercials.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Nah, most corporations have decided quarantine is over and you should get your rear end back out there and start consuming.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
https://twitter.com/bowlpluscereal/status/1292312911952609282

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i love stealing jokes too https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1290849547623702529

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I remembered seeing the tweet a few days ago and that was the first one that came up when I searched Twitter for "might as well burger king" :shrug:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Back to school commercials this year are the most ghoulish, nightmarish, dystopian poo poo I've ever seen and I loving hate it

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Piell posted:

What the hell is going on here? Both of them look like actors hired to play Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. because they kind of have a vague passing resemblance.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Regy Rusty posted:

Back to school commercials this year are the most ghoulish, nightmarish, dystopian poo poo I've ever seen and I loving hate it

I haven't seen one yet, then again the only live TV I watch right now is a combination of TMZ and Jeopardy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I had to watch Agents of Shield on Demand yesterday cause my power was out all last week, and thus had live commercials

God they were awful

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Laterite posted:

What the hell is going on here? Both of them look like actors hired to play Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. because they kind of have a vague passing resemblance.

People typically look somewhat different as they age.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PizzaProwler posted:

People typically look somewhat different as they age.

I had to look it up, Sarah Michelle Gellar is 43, but she'll always be Buffy Summers to me.

EDIT:
It also appears that Freddie Prinze Jr. is slated to be on some kind of Punky Brewster reboot :psyduck:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I wish for a universe where Brian Cox had continued to play Hannibal Lector and had become a cultural icon like Anthony Hopkins' had, just so those McDonald's commercials would take on a whole new subtext.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Davros1 posted:

I wish for a universe where Brian Cox had continued to play Hannibal Lector and had become a cultural icon like Anthony Hopkins' had, just so those McDonald's commercials would take on a whole new subtext.

I wish for this just in general

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Finally, the answer to all of our prayers -- a commercial even more annoying than the Kars 4 Kids commercial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Q_BRorEEk

Also, the Seamless "beep boop bap beep boop uh" commercials are just so grating.

edit:

pwn posted:

this just ran during Fallon and I thought I was having a fever dream, despite not having a fever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6xDv8RX87A

Between Kars 4 Kids, Starbelly, and this, I'm starting to think that maybe children just shouldn't be allowed to sing on television.

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 14, 2020

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Just heard Blink-182 in a BMW ad, and man I feel old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_GufbQowQ

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

SolarFire2 posted:

Just heard Blink-182 in a BMW ad, and man I feel old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_GufbQowQ

Out on the road today,
Saw a Dead Head sticker on a Cadillac. Blink 182 sticker on a BMW.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

children just shouldn't be allowed on television.
ftfy.

There's one commerical that is outright "I'm a cute kid, thus this food is delicious!" And it drives me up the wall everyone I see it.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

ftfy.

There's one commerical that is outright "I'm a cute kid, thus this food is delicious!" And it drives me up the wall everyone I see it.

This reminds me of the Bob Newhart show. He explicitly refused to have a story line where he and his wife had a child. There's even one episode where his neighbor's son wants to be a comedian, and he says "you're not funny, you're cute." Which seems to me like Newhart explaining why he didn't want kids on his TV show in one simple sentence.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

ftfy.

Is it the commercial where the parents bribe their children into eating broccoli with copious amounts of macaroni & cheese?

edit: or the one commercial that's like "kids don't like anything, but they totally like this!"? I know that looks like an exaggeration to people who are unfamiliar with it, but I swear that's how on-the-nose that commercial actually is.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
I was thinking of a commercial where a girl is sitting in a food truck trying to get a guy on the street to eat vegetarian meat or something. It's one of the few commericals I can actually purge from my memory.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
If you watch PlutoTV you've seen this ad over and over and over and over...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLvQ-iUFqn4

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Burger King has that annoying one that's all "check out these food critics (I'm guessing from Youtube) gushing about our new Whopper deal! And also enjoy how they have now lost all credibility by taking money from a company that they're ostensibly supposed to be critiquing!"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

muscles like this! posted:

Burger King has that annoying one that's all "check out these food critics (I'm guessing from Youtube) gushing about our new Whopper deal! And also enjoy how they have now lost all credibility by taking money from a company that they're ostensibly supposed to be critiquing!"

TWO WHOPPERS FOR FIVE DOLLARS, MY BRAIN IS EXPLODING!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pretty sure the guy with the beard was also in the annoying Popeye's chicken sandwich commercial which was a bunch of people going completely overboard for a sandwich.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Pretty sure the guy with the beard was also in the annoying Popeye's chicken sandwich commercial which was a bunch of people going completely overboard for a sandwich.

Yep. That's his thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daymon_Patterson

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bloopsy posted:

If you watch PlutoTV you've seen this ad over and over and over and over...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLvQ-iUFqn4

I've seen every PlutoTV ad over and over because apparently Pluto advertising for itself is somehow its main revenue stream.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"It was fun until it wasn't..."

:suicide:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If anyone has watched any amount of sports you'll know that commercial with everyone singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame. I hate it so, so much.

Oh also that geico commercial where the lady is singing "I read that wrong oh YEEEEAHHHHH". gently caress that one too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I was thinking of a commercial where a girl is sitting in a food truck trying to get a guy on the street to eat vegetarian meat or something. It's one of the few commericals I can actually purge from my memory.

I am not convinced when she says, "I'm a kid and if I like it..."

Yeah, kids also eat their own boogers, so.....

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

explosivo posted:

Oh also that geico commercial where the lady is singing "I read that wrong oh YEEEEAHHHHH". gently caress that one too.

Ugh, it’s on seemingly every commercial break during NHL games now. That one got old real fast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So speaking of Burger King, their latest advertising venture definitely moves into the scum valley. A marketing company was donating the amount an item would cost at Burger King to Twitch streamers who use text to speech to read out their tip messages. With the message being an ad for Burger King saying what the money could buy at BK. The streamers in question did not agree to be used for advertising and obviously some people weren't very happy about it.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
FanDuel hiring Jeff "7-9" Fisher feels like an admission of guilt to fraud.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I don't know if it's just because I've only been watching sports on TV lately and they're all on the same channels or what but it really feels like there's about 6 commercials that are on TV right now and 3 of them are that loving Geico commercial with the lady singing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Right now everything online is giving me a Draft Kings commercial because apparently it is now legal in my state to do sports betting. Kind of funny how quickly they've dropped the draft angle once they could do actual gambling.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

explosivo posted:

I don't know if it's just because I've only been watching sports on TV lately and they're all on the same channels or what but it really feels like there's about 6 commercials that are on TV right now and 3 of them are that loving Geico commercial with the lady singing.

ah, welcome to the land of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, where there are five commercials and you'll see every one of them every ad-break

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Troy Queef posted:

ah, welcome to the land of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, where there are five commercials and you'll see every one of them every ad-break

Football after thanksgiving, 2012. Every ad break had that Kmart “the lights the lights the lights” commercial at least twice. In a row. gently caress that sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
I feel like a dingus even asking this, but, I don't get those Skip the Dishes ads. Is it a dad and his son? A dad and his twink? A wealthy exec and his pool boy?