Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

On the subject of lovely ads, the current Liberty Mutual one showing an "old VHS tape" of a kid opening up Liberty Mutual insurance on Christmas morning is really obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the geico spot with billy blanks is trying way too hard. (OK, a lot of geico spots are trying way too hard)

I also had it in my head for some reason that billy blanks died a while back

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

DJExile posted:

the geico spot with billy blanks is trying way too hard. (OK, a lot of geico spots are trying way too hard)

I mean I haven't thought about Tai Bo since 1997, so he might as well have

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DJExile posted:

Maybe you confused him with Billy Mays? :v:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

DJExile posted:

Is Geico the one with the commercials about not turning into your parents? Because tbh I love those. :haw:

quote:

Timby posted:

Maybe you confused him with Billy Mays? :v:

I know I did, at first.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

YeahTubaMike posted:

Is Geico the one with the commercials about not turning into your parents? Because tbh I love those. :haw:
That's Progressive, and they're one of the very few legitimately funny commercials about insurance.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As someone who bought a house a little over a year ago you do find your personality changing a little. Not like full on "become your parents" but you do have to start thinking about more practical stuff because there's always something that needs to be done.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

muscles like this! posted:

As someone who bought a house a little over a year ago you do find your personality changing a little. Not like full on "become your parents"

How old are you? Are you married? Have any kids?

When you are all three simultaneously, it’s not a little change. I was 29 when I had a chat with my four year old about turning the lights off when leaving a room. I don’t understand Earl Sweatshirt and loathe music made since 2005 (except AC/DCs albums). You do eventually turn into your parents, and at 47 with that toddler graduating college and living in an apartment with his girlfriend I cannot wait to be like all of my grandparents. Except for Alzheimer’s.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
First you say "every light on in this house? Who am I, Thomas Edison?" as a bit and then it becomes a real sentiment.

I saw my neighbor kids hitting a ball in the street and I said, "guys, we live a block from the park, why don't you go over there so you don't hit my car?"

I'm getting real close to get off my lawn territory.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Remember when parents hatched fully-formed from parent eggs? None of this newfangled "growing up" and "learning responsibilities"! Boy, those were the days...

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
My dad worked for the power company, so we got the "I only work for the electric company, I don't OWN it."

When mom gets a little too boomery for my taste I blurt out "BLUE. Blue hair," at her until she stops. Those ads are really great.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

DerekSmartymans posted:

How old are you? Are you married? Have any kids?

When you are all three simultaneously, it’s not a little change. I was 29 when I had a chat with my four year old about turning the lights off when leaving a room. I don’t understand Earl Sweatshirt and loathe music made since 2005 (except AC/DCs albums). You do eventually turn into your parents, and at 47 with that toddler graduating college and living in an apartment with his girlfriend I cannot wait to be like all of my grandparents. Except for Alzheimer’s.

I’m 29, got married last summer, and gay as gently caress so we’re not planning on having any kids, but about to buy a house; so this gave me chills, because, gently caress, I know it’s coming (it’s already mostly here, oops I spent a $100 on antiques today)

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

“Hey Hamlin!” :shepicide:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This GMC commercial that always seems to be louder than all the other commercials where the song is just something like
GO BOY GO
GO BOY GO
GO BOY GO
GO BOY GO
GO BOY GO

I don't even know what they're saying

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Turns out there's a reason commercials with bodily fluids uses blue liquid because Always has a tampon commercial where they use a red liquid and it is so much worse.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
My dad never cared about me leaving lights on cause, in his words, what does it really matter

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I just saw the Coke Pinocchio ad and I want to punch everyone involved in creating it.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Incredibly bothered by this Carl's Jr Midsommar spoof ad where they pronounce habenero as if it's habañero. Also what a weird thing to spoof.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Those Grubhub ads with the Pixar rejects dancing to an annoying song can go gently caress themselves

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hector Delgado posted:

Those Grubhub ads with the Pixar rejects dancing to an annoying song can go gently caress themselves

They seem more like DreamWorks rejects IMHO

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hector Delgado posted:

I mean, GrubHub as a company is pure, concentrated evil, so it follows that they would have unbearable commercials.

hypoallergenic cat breed
Dec 16, 2010

Turns out there's a reason commercials with bodily fluids uses blue liquid because Always has a tampon commercial where they use a red liquid and it is so much worse.

I was shocked at first too when I saw this ad but I think it's ultimately a good switch and it helps to remove some of the shame and stigma about it being "gross" to be on your period.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hypoallergenic cat breed posted:

I was shocked at first too when I saw this ad but I think it's ultimately a good switch and it helps to remove some of the shame and stigma about it being "gross" to be on your period.
___________________/

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I put on PlutoTV when I want thoughtless background noise and their commercial for their new love stories and suspense channels uses a muzak version of some eastern european tango or something, it's super familiar but I can't figure it out and none of the song-identifying apps/websites are helping and they play it all the time and I'M LOSING IT

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Hector Delgado posted:

Out in Colorado we have similar ads for King Soopers where they're dancing to "Apple Bottom Jeans". If you told me 13 years ago that a hit song by T-Pain would be a commercial jingle for a local grocery store chain I wouldn't have believed it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Out in Colorado we have similar ads for King Soopers where they're dancing to "Apple Bottom Jeans". If you told me 13 years ago that a hit song by T-Pain would be a commercial jingle for a local grocery store chain I wouldn't have believed it.

Same, but with that LG washer/dryer commercial with "Got Your Money" by ODB/Kelis.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

I think its great to finally see. But they still don't have the consistency right, so it really still doesn't help. Blood isn't urine so it's not going to absorb immediately into the pads; and where are the clots and lumps? I was shocked and delighted that they mentioned "the gush" though. Steps forward!!

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

That70sHeidi posted:

I think its great to finally see. But they still don't have the consistency right, so it really still doesn't help. Blood isn't urine so it's not going to absorb immediately into the pads; and where are the clots and lumps? I was shocked and delighted that they mentioned "the gush" though. Steps forward!!

I've never seen a gush mention, but that's awesome. If bears can sing about their asscracks, gushes can be mentioned.

Also, I assume that the nice thin liquid absorbing seamlessly into the pad is just an upsell, like how Subway subs in commercials alway have heaping portions of perfectly layered cold cuts even though we all know that's bullshit.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Allstate, if I get the chance to jump the sea of tranquility in a lunar rover, I'm taking it disclaimer be damned.

InsensitiveSeaBass fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 7, 2021

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I wonder how woke the corporations are going to get act tonight.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Tree Dude posted:

I wonder how woke the corporations are going to get act tonight.

I'm going to guess "extremely".

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

They're going real hard this year with "since you thought this person was funny 25 years ago, surely he's still funny now."

Gotta admit, though, that Beavis and Butthead snickering over crack was absolutely fine.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I will never be too old to not laugh at Beavis and Butthead work.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I've returned just to say how much I hated that Jeep commercial.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I don't need another streaming service, and I definitely don't need ten commercials for it.

Various Artists
Nov 13, 2008

Unknown Album
Untitled
***--
do not try to gently caress your amazon sphere please

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Prude

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Lotta bad commercials last night but the two I remember the most were the m night shyamalan trailer because I originally thought he was poking fun at himself and it was gonna be an ad for doritos or something; plus the I don’t even remember what for commercial (tide? it’s working) but the one with the Jason Alexander where the ad agency did a great job of writing for Jerry Seinfeld because it’s all Seinfeld right

oh also the clarice trailer because rip to another good season of Hannibal

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pontius Pilate posted:

The Hollywood Reporter said a couple of weeks ago that Hannibal is wildly out-performing Netflix's viewership expectations, to the point that they've begun preliminary discussions with the principals about a fourth season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pontius Pilate posted:

Lotta bad commercials last night but the two I remember the most were the m night shyamalan trailer because I originally thought he was poking fun at himself and it was gonna be an ad for doritos or something; plus the I don’t even remember what for commercial (tide? it’s working) but the one with the Jason Alexander where the ad agency did a great job of writing for Jerry Seinfeld because it’s all Seinfeld right

Also I didn't need six commercials for Clarice.

That was the thing I remembered the most, lots of repetitive commercials. Clarice, Paramount, state farm, a way too long commercial of Anthony Anderson that I didn't get, two of the Tracy Morgan commercials that I kinda liked.

At least last year's tide ones were kind of a surprise.