Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

If RANDOM RED COUCH is gonna be a thing throughout the NHL playoffs, I may well die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Notgothic posted:

I'm so glad that Heineken decided to make their own lol-so-wacky-what-will-happen-next commercial just like Budweiser, except without Arnold Schwarzeneggar playing ping-pong (the best part of the other one by far) and about 300% more obnoxious and fake. This isn't sad at all.
Commercials on TV are bad enough. How hollow of a person do you have to be to want to watch more of them online?

Fauxhawk Express posted:

If RANDOM RED COUCH is gonna be a thing throughout the NHL playoffs, I may well die.
Is that anything like the "talking bench" commercials during the NCAA tournament that came with its own Twitter account (@TalkingBench)? I won't be watching the playoffs because the Devils aren't in it and the Bruins are going to win the whole thing anyway (somebody please for the love of God prove me wrong), but I can say that all postseasons that aren't the NFL really oversaturate the same commercials over and over again. See: the MLB playoffs commercials in 2007 with Dane Cook, or the ones a few years later (2011?) with "Written In the Stars" as the background music. Also, no one gives a poo poo what awful show is going to debut on TBS after the World Series.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
It makes me glad the only NHL commercial I've ever really seen are the gamecenter ones, and frankly I can deal with the occasional one with Ovechkin and Garrus in it. Haven't seen any random red couch things, though. But I don't super care because the Devils aren't playing.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Y-Hat posted:

Commercials on TV are bad enough. How hollow of a person do you have to be to want to watch more of them online?

That commercial was actually the tipping point in my turning on adblock on youtube (which is now behaving kind of weirdly, great), after it played before EVERY video one night while I was trying to get to sleep. If I ever see that screaming rear end in a top hat on the street, he'll be wearing two eyepatches afterwards :smug:

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 17, 2014

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The Axe pomade commercials are weird in that they show their product making your hair worse.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

It makes me glad the only NHL commercial I've ever really seen are the gamecenter ones, and frankly I can deal with the occasional one with Ovechkin and Garrus in it.
The Verizon "Fear of Missing Out on Hockey" commercials are just NHL versions of the "Fear of Missing Out on Football" ones anyway.

SpookyLizard posted:

But I don't super care because the Devils aren't playing.
:smith::hf::smith:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
This commercial annoys me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0jawglZG8

Why would they take their sleeping baby in to the shop? Why does only the woman have to be quiet, not everyone else in that very busy store? Why is the woman successfully selling a 4-person family plan to a family that only has 2 people that can use cell phones? Are they getting cellphones for the baby and an unborn fetus?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Tupping Liberty posted:

Why would they take their sleeping baby in to the shop? Why does only the woman have to be quiet, not everyone else in that very busy store? Why is the woman successfully selling a 4-person family plan to a family that only has 2 people that can use cell phones? Are they getting cellphones for the baby and an unborn fetus?

I think those two kids that are in the background staring at the tablet are supposed to be their kids. The parents do point to them and they look up so yeah.

Still a stupid commercial though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tupping Liberty posted:

Here's what gets me: how come when the saleslady tells the husband that their family plan costs $160 a month, he shouts "What?!" in a tone of pleasant surprise? It should be in a tone that says, "That's a tremendous rip-off and I'm leaving the store now."

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 17, 2014

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Y-Hat posted:

Is that anything like the "talking bench" commercials during the NCAA tournament that came with its own Twitter account (@TalkingBench)? I won't be watching the playoffs because the Devils aren't in it and the Bruins are going to win the whole thing anyway (somebody please for the love of God prove me wrong), but I can say that all postseasons that aren't the NFL really oversaturate the same commercials over and over again. See: the MLB playoffs commercials in 2007 with Dane Cook, or the ones a few years later (2011?) with "Written In the Stars" as the background music. Also, no one gives a poo poo what awful show is going to debut on TBS after the World Series.

worse, it's a hipster mcdonald's commercial

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Hate watching the playoffs

:smith::hf::smith:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vicas posted:

worse, it's a hipster mcdonald's commercial
Yeah because that went so well for Miracle Whip

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Y-Hat posted:

Here's what gets me: how come when the saleslady tells the husband that their family plan costs $160 a month, he shouts "What?!" in a tone of pleasant surprise? It should be in a tone that says, "That's a tremendous rip-off and I'm leaving the store now."
Not sure where you are from, but that is a solid deal.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, we bumped it up the 15GB but we're paying just $20 more for two iPhones and two iPads, and that's $35 less than on Verizon.

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN
I want to punch Gor-DON repeatedly in the face, but not sign up for a "framily" plan.

Job half well done, Sprint.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Gaunab posted:

The Axe pomade commercials are weird in that they show their product making your hair worse.

I literally wake up with bedhead, and it's now a thing to be sought after because chicks will sex all over you because reasons

Hasters posted:

Yeah, we bumped it up the 15GB but we're paying just $20 more for two iPhones and two iPads, and that's $35 less than on Verizon.

<---still grandfathered into $29 unlimited on verizon :dance:

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 17, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm an American non-smartphone haver (we exist), but I do know that we pay more for phone plans than a lot of similar countries. I think it's about as bad in Canada as well.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Grandfathered unlimited data owns.

trunkwontopen
Apr 7, 2007
I am a CARTOON BEAR!

SpookyLizard posted:

Grandfathered unlimited data owns.

To an extent. I get sales calls from Verizon about 3x a month, tons of junk mail announcing new phones and the like, attempting to convince me to switch to a newer faster phone. What they don't understand is that it makes no sense for me to switch to a plan with 2 GB of data for $35 more a month.

Content:
:D :D GO CRESTOR! :D :D I realize that we live in the "are you suffering from condition x? then take pill y" age, but come on, this commercial is so obnoxious. The rest of them are extremely smarmy, however, when this one comes on, I change the channel.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Theres a second one, with his kid who gets caught in the fan and the dad is like "oh look you can fly!" So creepy. Like her head and wonky eye movements :stonk:

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

trunkwontopen posted:

To an extent. I get sales calls from Verizon about 3x a month, tons of junk mail announcing new phones and the like, attempting to convince me to switch to a newer faster phone. What they don't understand is that it makes no sense for me to switch to a plan with 2 GB of data for $35 more a month.

Just to let you know if you did want to get a new cheap phone you just put another line on your account you can transfer the upgrade from your line to the new line, get a new phone at discount and then just use it on the unlimited line. It's cheaper than buying a new phone outright and you keep your unlimited data.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

trunkwontopen posted:

Content:
:D :D GO CRESTOR! :D :D I realize that we live in the "are you suffering from condition x? then take pill y" age, but come on, this commercial is so obnoxious. The rest of them are extremely smarmy, however, when this one comes on, I change the channel.

We actually made the switch based on the sales pitch from the ATT store, that this plan had like 2x data than we used. Except it didn't, because she was looking at some derived numbers or only one line (out of three).So aftert hat turned out to be not true, and some arguing with the sales people, and then a conversation with the manager, our ticket to undo that contract was approved the next day, and we got the new contract price without actually getting the new contract.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

trunkwontopen posted:

Content:

The concept that a person would root for one drug company over another like an obsessive sports fan is beautifully dark though. I have seen the future; instead of cheering for people wearing corporate logos we'll skip the middleman and just cheer for the corporations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Phobic Nest posted:

The concept that a person would root for one drug company over another like an obsessive sports fan is beautifully dark though. I have seen the future; instead of cheering for people wearing corporate logos we'll skip the middleman and just cheer for the corporations.

People have been doing that for decades, almost more than a century, already.

I cite for you every pick-up with Calvin pissing on a Chevy bowtie.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

dude posted:

Content:

Goddamn I hate that bastard. Maybe if you weren't a fatty you would not have to take a statin. Why don't you slink away and jerk one to our ad in Golf magazine? And take the sweater off your drat dog: He would rather eat cat feces than Crestor.

Better yet: Kill yourself.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

DerekSmartymans posted:

Goddamn I hate that bastard. Maybe if you weren't a fatty you would not have to take a statin. Why don't you slink away and jerk one to our ad in Golf magazine? And take the sweater off your drat dog: He would rather eat cat feces than Crestor.

Better yet: Kill yourself.

As he lovingly dusts his bobblehead of himself, the philosophical quandary surfaces in his mind whether tis better to be a happy pig or an unhappy Socrates.

Oink, he giggles.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Now that Ride Along is on home video we get to hear that annoying "You're white! You're white! You don't fight!" one-liner all over again!

Kevin Hart's voice is just so irritating there. Some other places too but mainly there.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Now that Ride Along is on home video we get to hear that annoying "You're white! You're white! You don't fight!" one-liner all over again!

Kevin Hart's voice is just so irritating there. Some other places too but mainly there.

Don't forget,
"My stomach and my rear end!"

And the DVD has an alternate ending!

I don't see why a lovely, by-the-numbers comedy needs an alternate ending, but unless it ends up being some surreal poo poo where out of nowhere Cthulu rises from his watery slumber, or an asteroid takes out the main characters, it's not worth it.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

That random red couch commercial is very annoying.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

some surreal poo poo where out of nowhere Cthulu rises from his watery slumber...takes out the main characters, it's not worth it.

I want this to end a comedy OH SO MUCH now.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Doctor Butts posted:

I've been mentioning it in the NHL threads when it comes up but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be that commercial that sticks in everyone's head because it's so drat stupid

and from the looks of things it's working

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

It's really bad. They just took footage from an older commercial and paid some schmucks to make a jingle over that old commercial. It's pretty loving awful.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

It's McDonald's trying to be self aware and being really bad at it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
McDonald's knows what's hip: Diabetes abd heart disease.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mokinokaro posted:

I want this to end a comedy OH SO MUCH now.

It's not the exact same thing, and the movie up to this point is entirely self-aware, tongue-in-cheek, and intentionally bad and stupid, but this is the last shot of "Feast 3":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEzhpamOVj8

Bear in mind, up until this point, the Feast "franchise" was entirely about small creatures that are super-fast and eat people.At no point are giant robots seen or talked about.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I want Subway to fail really bad.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
e: wrong thread

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's not the exact same thing, and the movie up to this point is entirely self-aware, tongue-in-cheek, and intentionally bad and stupid, but this is the last shot of "Feast 3":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEzhpamOVj8

Bear in mind, up until this point, the Feast "franchise" was entirely about small creatures that are super-fast and eat people.At no point are giant robots seen or talked about.

At first I thought "whoa, haha, that guy looks and sounds just like Clu Gulager, awesome", but apparently it IS Clu Gulager! I may have to watch this.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
If I see one more restaurant commercial that uses the asinine "to perfection" line about what makes their food so much better than everyone elses
- grilled to perfection
- baked to perfection
- cooked to perfection
- fried to perfection

The first commercial I heard was of a place that makes steaks and literally stated that how they make their steaks so great is that they are grilled to perfection. :wtf:

Makes me want to go vegetarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sorry man, that's a phrase that's been used for years and years, meaningless as it is. Doubt it's going away anytime soon.