Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

raditts posted:

I think it's a national brand. Pretty good dip.

Why, one might even say it's a Hell of a (Helluva) good dip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I don't know which does which. All I know is the cars, which are alive, ride inside the planes, which are also alive.

which is horrifying.

That would be like me dating a really fat woman...and then living inside her.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

raditts posted:

I'm more annoyed that there are still multiple commercials airing right now that use the Mac/PC "two people standing in front of a white background with tinkly music where one is all hey check out my awesome product! and the other is all duh-hyuk I'ma argue that mine is better but you'll show how dumb and wrong I am!" format. It wasn't clever when Apple was doing it and it's even less so when you do, T-Mobile, Kindle, and lovely local bank.

What I hate most about the newest Kindle commercial is when the girl flips down the page in her book...judging by the expression she makes, and the amount of effort she seems to be putting into it, her book is made of titanium.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The Trojan Tri-Phoria commercial annoys the piss out of me. This chick gets 3 vibrators at her wedding shower and her husband gets way too excited. Whywoud a guy get excited at the prospect of three vibrators? Is he planning on sticking one in his rear end?

Only stupid, insecure, and close-minded men don't love the idea of their wife/girlfriend having and using vibrators.

Edit: As to why three...well, they can serve as backups, or for when more ladies come to join you.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I haven't decided what side of the question this falls under, but Rob Zombie directed a Woolite commercial.

http://www.movieline.com/2011/06/vi...e-obviously.php

Is that ever going to air on TV, or is it an online-only thing? Woolite doesn't seem like the kind of company to actually air that, and most of people who buy Woolite aren't the kind of people to enjoy that, either.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Apparently Domino's has never heard of the Arch Deluxe fiasco, because they have a commercial about how kids will hate their new line of "gourmet" pizzas, but adults will love them.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

Every goddamn night on Comedy Central

Really? Huh...I watch CC almost every night and haven't seen it...though maybe it's only during TDS/Colbert, I go to bed before then and catch reruns the next day.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Oh God, there's a second one with a "cat"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPefoXW0T4Q&NR=1

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The Steak Justice posted:

To be fair, they just coincidentally started filming a few months apart. Two writers had the same idea at the same time.
I'm not saying that either of them are good, I'm just suggesting that Friends With Benefits is not ripping off No Strings Attached. They just have the same concept by chance.
e:

In a few months there will a movie just called "gently caress Buddies" with Shia LeBouf and Emma Stone.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

vyst posted:

Those moneymutual and "indian version of moneymutual" commercials piss me off to no end just because of the business. They're essentially legal loan sharks and it boggles my mind how they can do business like that and it's nbd.

Also funny part is in the fine print the APR is something absurd like %497 which made me chuckle.

At least the indian ones are honest...they say right up front it's not cheap.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It's not a bad commercial really but last night we were out at a bar and it came on and when it finishes this dude at the next table says "How do white people have an asian kid?"

Because adoption isn't a thing people can do?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

You Are A Elf posted:

To get on topic, why is Taco Bell using The Flying Lizards' "Money (That's What I Want)" in their newest ad? I get that they want to because of the repeated lyric "that's what I want," but whenever I see this commercial, all I can think of is Taco Bell wanting my money.

I just wish it didn't play literally every commercial break for every show on comedy central.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

raditts posted:

Since creatively bankrupt ad agencies apparently still can't stop making Mac/PC knockoff commercials, now we have Virgin Mobile doing one where they take the "cool Mac dude" role and put T-Mobile in the "borderline retarded PC guy" role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cstANB3RHg

I wasn't even aware Virgin Mobile still existed.

I can't view youtube at work, but is this the one where the "hip, fun loving" couple make fun of T-Mobile and AT&T merging?

Like the T-Mobile ads themselves, I'm torn between it being a bad ad, and the T-Mobile girl being hot as gently caress.

Now, obviously it's a different girl in the Virgin Mobile ad, but she is also hot as gently caress. (And I suspect is Rachel Bilson, but I can't confirm...)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Industrial posted:

I've seen 2 Lea Michelle commercials and in both of them she stares directly at the camera while smiling and singing as if to say "aren't you so glad you get to hear me sing?" and all I can think is "no, not especially"

Maybe she's just playing her character in Glee, who pretty much as that exact attitude?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Ugh, that Cougarlife.com commercial...

First of all, none of the lyrics in the song match up to whatever random words the "vacalist" is singing.

Secondly, the song is terrible anyway.

Thirdly, like 75% of the women it shows in the commercial are clearly not cougars...Hell, a couple of them barely look like they're even 21, let alone the absolute minimum any rational guy would consider a cougar to be (40.)

And fourthly, that woman with the ice cream cone and the clown lips is freaking me out, please remove her from all future advertisements.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

And I'm pretty sure the girl doing the fistpump is just stock footage that Adult Swim used at one point in their bumps.

Now that you mention it, it's probably all stock footage. I'm sure there's plenty of 'random band' footage lying around at any decent ad agency, so they just did their best to kind of match up the song to the (probably) non-existent words the singer was mouthing. Makes for a much cheaper ad.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Rollins was the rebel back in the day. He headlined Black Flag, a major punk band, back in the late '70s-early '80s. Fucker was counterculture hardcore.

Rollins voicing over commercials for not just a car brand, but a luxury car brand, is akin to selling out.

So you're telling me that the line:
Out on the road today,
I saw a Black Flag sticker on a Cadillac.

from The Atari's cover of "Boys of Summer" is now oddly poignant?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Atasi posted:

Dude get with the times. Ever since the gays ruined marriage, all straight couples everywhere hate each other all the time since they realize they could be in a much more compatible relationship.

The best example might be the five hour energy one.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Toffile posted:

If there's a football game on cable during the regular season, it's either Thursday or Monday, and they are the only ones on at the time.

Eh, it's pretty clear they're referring to the fact that with cable, you'll only get the (usually) 4 broadcast games for your market on Sunday. If you live in the market for the Patriots or Jets, and they play each other in the early game, that's what you see, not the Saints playing Green Bay if it's on at the same time on the same channel.

With DirectTV, you get (almost) all games. I think they're still subject to the NFL's asinine blackout rules.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Polaron posted:

Just saw a KFC commercial acting all about how other restaurants make chicken nuggets and "where on a chicken is a nugget?". The commercial then proceeds to advertise popcorn chicken.

Where on a chicken is the "popcorn", exactly? I know later in the commercial it says that it's "100% premium breast meat", but still. It's the same thing, you pedantic jerks

Actually, it's not. Their popcorn chicken is more like small pieces of chicken strip, you can see the fibers of the meat in it. Just cut up pieces of breast meat. It's not "processed chicken" that is basically scraps that is mechanically removed from bones like nuggets.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

That pretentious-rear end film school commercial where a bunch of pretentious douches talk about the best director...but oh, they aren't even IN film school! So enroll in film school so you can be even MORE pretentious than them!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

"Thanks for the falcon..."
God, why do almost all insurance commercials universally suck?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

aquatic sideshow posted:

Unless things have changed since the last time I cared about smart cars, they are also nowhere near as fuel efficient as they look, and are extremely expensive for what you get.

This, a million times this.

For about the same price or cheaper, you could easily get a gently-used/factory re-certified Honda or Toyota that gets better gas mileage, and actually has, you know...trunk space and room for more than one passenger.

The only reason anyone gets them over a cheap, used Japanese or Korean car is because they are starting to become trendy in some areas/amongst some people.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

"Did everyone see what Anandra just did?"

Shut the gently caress up, Tim Gunn, you used to be classy why are you shilling for Expedia, or Travelocity, or whoever the gently caress it is?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

The first time I ever heard that hello song, I instantly recognized it as a designed-to-be-ultimately-used-to-shill-cellphone commercials track. Even though it's a letdown song.

I'm trying to decide what's used in more commercials..."Just Called to Say Hello," or that Pink song "Raise Your Glass."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Young Freud posted:

I know that Neiman Marcus is proud that they're not putting up holiday decorations until after Thanksgiving,

That's just because Weird Al sued them.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU_GG7mJ7tY

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you

Why do people think this poo poo is funny in any way?

Gamestop ads, Hell everything about Gamestop, is a great distillation of everything that's wrong with the game industry.

A bunch of idiots in charge think they know what all us "young, hip" gamers like, how we think, etc... and do poo poo like that. See? It's random, so it's funny, right? It's quirky little song...all you kids like your quirky songs, right?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I hate to ask this, and I swear I'm only doing it because I have to show these commercials to coworkers who don't believe they exist, but can someone please link to those terrible "pet poo poo" commercials that had women in dog and cat makeup and making GBS threads diarrhea on the carpet?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

I wonder how much they gently caress you on your annuities.

I wonder how they operate...I mean, obviously their business model is that they go to whoever you're getting you yearly/monthly/whatever check from and say,

"Hey, in the long runmthis will cost you $$$, but make just one payment of $$, and that's less!" so whoever is making the payments agrees. J.G.Wentworth then takes what I assume to be the lion's share of that $$, leaving the client with $...or like half a $.

But are there really that many people with structured settlements out there for this business model to work?!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Blizzard proves they are on the cutting edge of pop culture with their latest ad featuring Chuck Norris.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Rirse posted:

The Gamestop ad for Batman: Arkham City isn't so much bad, but mind boggling. It shows some scenes from the game, which is fine and all, but then talks about how if you buy the game there, you get a free copy of Batman Forever, and then shows scenes from the movie. Now don't get me wrong, getting a free movie with a game is neat, but Batman Forever? That movie doesn't even fit with this game's style at all. Would made a lot more sense to use one of the Nolan movies or Mask of the Phantasm.

Eh, gotta do what you can to get rid of the massive pile of leftover DVD's.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

We live in a world where this is a thing.

Why?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Awesome.

I never cared that much for those "do the jingle" commercials, but the level they went to with this is awesome. I mean...the past year or year-and-a-half they've had these commercials on the air, they were also filming brief scenes of this break-dancing guy just so they could put it all together in a cool vignette/mash-up thingy.

Dedication.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

raditts posted:

I noticed that Hyundai replaced Pamplemoose (aka Girl Justin Bieber) with some other wacky youtube-grown indie girl playing horrible music this year. At least this one is kind of pleasant to look at, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpvS5VyrOVQ

Am I supposed to know who Jessica Frech is?

There's also a lovely white-rap group ad!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUQE...&feature=relmfu

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Can we get a link to this Samsung ad? Don't believe I've seen it.

Anyway, whilst on Youtube, I can across this Australian BK ad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU4O...feature=related

There's no way that's real...is it?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Edit: Wrong thread...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Rirse posted:

Already been covered in the thread, but I really hate the World of Warcraft ad with Chuck Norris. Not only for the terrible meme that stole from this site, but because the fact the new X-Box 360 dashboard has that poo poo ad playing in the corner (thankfully with no sound).

Jesus, another reason I'm glad I use Playstation. It has very small, text only ads, in the upper right corner that are very easy to ignore.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

penis sandwich posted:

Haven't seen this one yet, I'm still fixated on the Steak Em Up commercials.

Jesus Christ...that loving Budweiser ad wasn't even that good in the first place, why are we still subjected to terrible parodies of it ten years later?!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

the_Vandal posted:

There's a recent Progressive insurance commercial where 'Flo' is having dreams, and she looks like a corpse because of the amount of makeup on her. It's honestly pretty unnerving.

The woman's over 40, they have to do what they can to make her look more late 20's/early 30's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Darth Freddy posted:

I will be so happy when all these cologne and perfume commercials are done with. Also gently caress the world for the simple fact justin beiber has his own line.

Can someone tell me why they only air at Christmas? I mean...I guess I know why in the sense that whoever airs them thinks that people are going to give cologne/perfume as gifts, but are they actually popular gifts? I've never gotten nor received cologne/perfume, nor has anyone where the subject of Christmas gifts has some up, so...?

Also Elizabeth Taylor is like 90 and near death, can we at least stop playing her White Diamonds commercial from the 80's?

«7 »